• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz/cat facts

Richard Cranium

So since last weekends ass whoopin of the kittens, I've heard from a number of cat fans say that if Prukop was the Qb, the cats would have won! They also proceed to say they are winning the recruiting war in Montana and as a whole and in recent years they have passed us up as a football program. Now for the facts!

The Griz have won 24 of the past 29 games.
The Griz have won 8 of the past 13 games.
The Griz have won 19 of 24 wins by double digits.
The cats have only won 1 game of 5 wins in past 29 years by double digits (Hann was our Qb)
The Griz 24 wins in past 29 years are by an average of 19.4 points
The cats 5 wins in the past 29 years are by 7 points.
The Griz have had 18 players to play in the NFL in the past 29 years. (Roster players)
The cats have had 4 players to play in the NFL in the past 29 years. (Roster players)
The Griz have had 13 players drafted into the NFL in past 29 years.
The cats have had 6 players drafted into the NFL in past 29 years.
Griz have had 7 Montana natives drafted in the NFL in the past 29 years.
Cats have had 2 Montana natives drafted in the NFL in the past 29 years.
Griz have had 3 players in the Pro Bowl in the past 29 years. ( All Montana boys)
Cats have had 0 players in the Pro Bowl in the past 29 years.
Griz have won the past 2 games.
Cat fans make up excuses and tell me about what ifs.
The Griz are building a 14 million dollar state of the art gym and locker room.
The cats have high school level locker rooms.
The Griz have an over all record against lil bro of 72-37-5! Nuff said!!!!

Here's the interesting thing about MSU fans argument about Dakota. Between the time the game ended against Idaho State, and about the time when it was 17-0 last Saturday, I saw and heard MULTIPLE MSU fans, on BN, and in the stands say that Idaho State is a wayyyyyyy better team than the Griz, and the Cats beat the Bengals without Prukop. Now, that's ALL out the window, and they lost to the Griz BECAUSE they didn't have Prukop. I thought that was interesting how fast that whole school of thought changed. Like I said, I saw MULTIPLE posts on BN saying that Idaho State would blast the Griz, so the Cats would be just fine in Missoula.

Personally, I think the Cat-Griz would have indeed been a different game if a 100 percent healthy Dakota Prukop was out there. I still think the Griz would have won. BUT, it would have been different. Pru would not have turned it over seven times. But, in the week leading up to the game, it was hilarious to me how MSU fans were SO CERTAIN that they would win with Bleskin, and ONLY based it on comparing the Griz to an Idaho State team that they never even played this season.

I had a cat fan before the game in the restroom ask if JJ was going to play today, he was hoping so. Talking smack how their backups were much better than our starters. Never fails to amaze me how much smack they talk before the game, I wonder if they actually believe it, if so, they're worse off than I thought.

After we rolled them in 2011 when they were number one in the nation and untouchable in their eyes, you'd think they'd learn to be a little humble. You'd think they would not be on egriz the week before this game and talk all kinds of smack. Here are a couple of my favorites:

"We need to run right at Zach Wagenmann"
"There is no way in hell their over-rated defense can hold our Lamborghini offense to under 35"

But here's the best one yet....

"I am okay with losing to everyone else.....I am okay with not making the playoffs......I am not okay with getting blown up by the Griz ....ash needs to be fired"

It is that exact mentality of Cat fans that will always make them little brother. This nitwit would rather lose the rest of their games and not make playoffs than lose to the Griz. And we think we have problems.....ha

Alot of the Cat fans who post on the internet do not understand the game of football. They say alot of dumb things. There are plenty of Griz fans in that category too. They seem to expect a ribbon or medal for their opinions, as dumb as they may be.

PlayerRep said:
Alot of the Cat fans who post on the internet do not understand the game of football. They say alot of dumb things. There are plenty of Griz fans in that category too. They seem to expect a ribbon or medal for their opinions, as dumb as they may be.

They obviously never played the game... :lol:

It's funny how you guys write this trash as if it represents the entire cat fan base. It's like you are trying to typecast the entire fan base from some dumb shit that some internet cat fans have posted, in an effort to pump up your chests and make you feel bad ass. To a ten year old that would seem impressive, but it's actually transparent and a little pathetic (your ignorance puts you in the same category as all the cat fans you seem to think you know about). In reality, the griz have just as many dipshits as the cat fan base...arguably more since your fan base is obviously bigger and more storied. But enough about the Cats. Lets talk about the upcoming ABSOLUTE ASS KICKING BEAT DOWN your grizzz are going to get in Cheney. Enjoy the playoffs while they last fellas. :thumb:

UMMM XP..A couple of things. I WILL BET YOU ANYTHING that If I wanted to, I could find more than one of your posts this fall where you said the Cats would STOMP the Griz this season, and I'll bet in NONE of those posts did you attach a disclaimer about a quarterback.

Secondly, I challenge you to go back through the annals of Egriz and find even ONE thread after a Griz loss that accuses the winning team of cheating, violating NCAA rules, having the refs in their pocket, or dare I say, having unfair helmet stickers..lmao. Like I said in another post, yes, when the Griz lose games like this, this board goes apes--t. But AT THE VERY LEAST, we don't go over the top sour grapes apes--t. I have seen many, many threads where Egrizzers CAN, at the very least, tip their cap to a team, and a fan base that has just beaten the Griz. And after that, we go off on our own. Maybe it's not any more sane than what MSU fans on BN are doing, BUT, at least it isn't sour grapes. At least Egrizzers blame stays in house and in the family.

Lastly, seriously dude, please, come correct about who you are. Are you really a Bobcat fan trolling as an Eastern fan as you've been accused of being. Or are you an Eastern fan just trolling? Seriously man, you'll still be an anonymous keyboard cowboy even if you tell us what the real story is?? What's the harm?

havgrizfan said:
UMMM XP..A couple of things. I WILL BET YOU ANYTHING that If I wanted to, I could find more than one of your posts this fall where you said the Cats would STOMP the Griz this season, and I'll bet in NONE of those posts did you attach a disclaimer about a quarterback.

Secondly, I challenge you to go back through the annals of Egriz and find even ONE thread after a Griz loss that accuses the winning team of cheating, violating NCAA rules, having the refs in their pocket, or dare I say, having unfair helmet stickers..lmao. Like I said in another post, yes, when the Griz lose games like this, this board goes apes--t. But AT THE VERY LEAST, we don't go over the top sour grapes apes--t. I have seen many, many threads where Egrizzers CAN, at the very least, tip their cap to a team, and a fan base that has just beaten the Griz. And after that, we go off on our own. Maybe it's not any more sane than what MSU fans on BN are doing, BUT, at least it isn't sour grapes. At least Egrizzers blame stays in house and in the family.

Lastly, seriously dude, please, come correct about who you are. Are you really a Bobcat fan trolling as an Eastern fan as you've been accused of being. Or are you an Eastern fan just trolling? Seriously man, you'll still be an anonymous keyboard cowboy even if you tell us what the real story is?? What's the harm?

Well you are right, this place does go ape shit when you have a loss. You have your nut jobs, just like the Cats do. Maybe not sour grapes because those losses weren't to a hated rival, but you are joking if you think that this place doesn't blame random shit for a loss as opposed to poor execution, or just being out played. As for me, I am an eagle fan. I enjoy the Cat and Griz forums because they are much more active and have many discussions. The red zone is a distant third when it comes to football / BSC conversations. However, I do have favor the Cats because my experience with them has been more positive. I also like an underdog, which the Cats typically are when it comes to the "Big 3". That being said, as an objective observer (all cat bias aside), you guys definitely take the cake for being more douchey than the guys over at BN. That's not to say the you are a douche. I actually think you're posts often have relevance. But many, MANY posters on here would take first place in a douchebag contest when it comes to the rivalry, and football in general. And I'm not just talking smack or trolling . If I didn't really feel this way, I wouldn't bother posting in the first place. As a point of reference, check the threads at BN pertaining to the upcoming rivalry as compared to the threads here on egriz. You can be a rival enemy and still have class and respect, which is something that is lacking here. It makes me wonder what the mean age and intelligence level for the majority of posters on egriz.

IroneagleXP said:
havgrizfan said:

Well you are right, this place does go ape shit when you have a loss. You have your nut jobs, just like the Cats do. Maybe not sour grapes because those losses weren't to a hated rival, but you are joking if you think that this place doesn't blame random shit for a loss as opposed to poor execution, or just being out played. As for me, I am an eagle fan. I enjoy the Cat and Griz forums because they are much more active and have many discussions. The red zone is a distant third when it comes to football / BSC conversations. However, I do have favor the Cats because my experience with them has been more positive. I also like an underdog, which the Cats typically are when it comes to the "Big 3". That being said, as an objective observer (all cat bias aside), you guys definitely take the cake for being more douchey than the guys over at BN. That's not to say the you are a douche. I actually think you're posts often have relevance. But many, MANY posters on here would take first place in a douchebag contest when it comes to the rivalry, and football in general. And I'm not just talking smack or trolling . If I didn't really feel this way, I wouldn't bother posting in the first place. As a point of reference, check the threads at BN pertaining to the upcoming rivalry as compared to the threads here on egriz. You can be a rival enemy and still have class and respect, which is something that is lacking here. It makes me wonder what the mean age and intelligence level for the majority of posters on egriz.

Haha! Didn't you admit you were a Cat troll?

IroneagleXP said:
havgrizfan said:

Iron eagle:
I don't get you. You're a fan of a team that has dominated the BSC landscape for five years. Just be yourself and admit it for as long as the run lasts. You certainly have noting to hide around this joint....

Here's your quote IroneagleXP....since you told us to quote you on it:

Re: Griz should move up 2 to 3 spots
AZGrizFan wrote:
We should be 12th, and will probably end up around 9-10 after beating the stuffing out of the 'Scats next weekend.

Bwahahah...please. Even without Prukop, MSU will lay the wood to you in your house. Please quote me on this.
by IroneagleXP
Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:45 pm

You make predictions, slams, smack talk, etc like this all day every day and that's why you're the ultimate troll. At least get it right when you attempt this so that Griz nation actually thinks you have some knowledge about football, rivalries, the Big Sky, and FCS and could attempt to give you a little respect. Instead, I can't respect you or even give you the benefit of the doubt when A) you are always wrong and B) you have an identity crisis and are not even sure who you root for as you claimed you were a Cat fan in the same thread I just quoted above. I officially nominate you as "Troll of the Year" which for this board is saying a lot. Your mom would be so proud....hold on Ill ask her quick....yep she's proud and said keep up the good work.

Well, IronEagle may be troll of the year, but it's obvious that that AZGrizFan guy is a goddamned genius!!

How many Cat fans have been here emulating EWU fans the last couple years?

If you're too embarrassed to represent your own team while trolling...well you know.

PlayerRep said:
That's the most profound thing I've heard you say. Speechless.

Back