• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU Rant -

ordigger said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
alabamagrizzly said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Maybe not NDSU, but they at least needed a good FCS team. Montana by itself, at least not the Montana of 2015 who will open they year ranked outside the top 15, playing a cupcake does not warrant a game by itself on ESPN. The App State game that you speak of was a playoff game, and, by the way, it was against App State. Pretty standard to have FCS playoff games on an ESPN channel and when you play against a dynasty like App State, it helps pull the game onto ESPN.

Regarding very few people caring about NDSU, I don't really care. FCS teams and fans should pull for other teams in the FCS instead of laughing at them and supporting fools like Andy. I am not being arrogant in my comments, just a realist. I think it is pathetic that fans like you try to tear down other FCS teams that help bring up the entire FCS into somewhat national relevance.
Wrong. Before you make yourself sound like blissfully ignorant NDSU fan, check your facts. 2013 home opener.

You are right . I forgot about that game. That game still supports my argument though. Playing App State helped make that game happen for Montana, just like NDSU does this year, and much like Montana would have for NDSU last year, had NDSU accepted ESPN's offer.

lol.....obviously life didn't exist for you up till 5 years ago. Montana has probably been on ESPN more times in last 20 years than NDSU.

Been a fan of NDSU since I can remember. I certainly would hope Montana has been on ESPN more times in the last 20 years seeing that in the last 20 years, NDSU spent 8 years as a D2 and has only been playoff eligible for 7 years. In the last 5 years though, they certainly have been making opportunities for themselves with 11 games on ESPN channels, 2 games on Fox Sports, and 2 times hosting ESPN Gameday.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
alabamagrizzly said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Maybe not NDSU, but they at least needed a good FCS team. Montana by itself, at least not the Montana of 2015 who will open they year ranked outside the top 15, playing a cupcake does not warrant a game by itself on ESPN. The App State game that you speak of was a playoff game, and, by the way, it was against App State. Pretty standard to have FCS playoff games on an ESPN channel and when you play against a dynasty like App State, it helps pull the game onto ESPN.

Regarding very few people caring about NDSU, I don't really care. FCS teams and fans should pull for other teams in the FCS instead of laughing at them and supporting fools like Andy. I am not being arrogant in my comments, just a realist. I think it is pathetic that fans like you try to tear down other FCS teams that help bring up the entire FCS into somewhat national relevance.
Wrong. Before you make yourself sound like blissfully ignorant NDSU fan, check your facts. 2013 home opener.

All I am saying is by laughing at this video, you are really laughing at your own favorite team and the league the play in. When you tell Bison fans that nobody cares about your team, you better look in the mirror and say the same thing about your team.

Therein lies the difference: We know UM's place in CFB. NDSU fans don't appear to have the same self-awareness. Gasp, maybe that's why the guy made the video!

aeosza8afa4dk5pxlzfd.jpg
[

The problem with the Andy Fales thing CDA, is you haven't watched any of his past videos where he slams the FCS. I know you have a lot of Bison envy and wish you had our fatty fans, gym, to go along with 4 national championships, but as a UM fan, I would think you would find him to be a tool based on his comments about the FCS.

The FCS might be a small fish in a big pond, but it certainly is not going to get any bigger with your attitude saying you know UM's place as small time. F*ck that. Half the FBS programs don't hold a candle to Montana or any other premiere FCS school. I think that is a horseshit, small minded attitude.

NDSU fans didn't get upset originally with Andy because he was making fun of NDSU (his North Dakota jokes were really funny), they got upset because he called NDSU a joke because they were an FCS team and for that reason Iowa State was going to steam roll them. After NDSU kicked their ass, which in my opinion was the third easiest win NDSU had last year, he are a lot of crow and couldn't take it.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
alabamagrizzly said:

All I am saying is by laughing at this video, you are really laughing at your own favorite team and the league the play in. When you tell Bison fans that nobody cares about your team, you better look in the mirror and say the same thing about your team.

Therein lies the difference: We know UM's place in CFB. NDSU fans don't appear to have the same self-awareness. Gasp, maybe that's why the guy made the video!

aeosza8afa4dk5pxlzfd.jpg

Ya you are right you clearly know UM's place , as evidenced by the fact you think ESPN is coming to Missoula this fall just because it is Montana and everyone wants to see the 15th ranked team in the FCS play in front of 26k fans in a mid tier MAAC quality stadium.

I know NDSU's place in college football. The are a big time FCS program helping being more credibility and national recognition to the FCS, just like App State did before them.

Ha! That's almost the exact opposite of what I've been saying. I'm going to make it very simple: They are coming because there is no other game that week, and they want to hype the big boy playoffs. Most Montana fans know that very few outside of Montana care about the Griz. UNDSU fans seems to think the Buffs and the Buckeyes are pretty much the same since they both won NCs this year.

If the Buffs enjoy about 20 more years of nearly uninterrupted FCS excellence, and realize that nobody gives a shit, then you will understand.

2011BisonAlumni said:
The problem with the Andy Fales thing CDA, is you haven't watched any of his past videos where he slams the FCS. I know you have a lot of Bison envy and wish you had our fatty fans, gym, to go along with 4 national championships, but as a UM fan, I would think you would find him to be a tool based on his comments about the FCS.

The FCS might be a small fish in a big pond, but it certainly is not going to get any bigger with your attitude saying you know UM's place as small time. F*ck that. Half the FBS programs don't hold a candle to Montana or any other premiere FCS school. I think that is a horseshit, small minded attitude.

He's being accurate. Big time Texas HS ball is bigger time than most of the FCS.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

aeosza8afa4dk5pxlzfd.jpg

Ya you are right you clearly know UM's place , as evidenced by the fact you think ESPN is coming to Missoula this fall just because it is Montana and everyone wants to see the 15th ranked team in the FCS play in front of 26k fans in a mid tier MAAC quality stadium.

I know NDSU's place in college football. The are a big time FCS program helping being more credibility and national recognition to the FCS, just like App State did before them.

Ha! That's almost the exact opposite of what I've been saying. I'm going to make it very simple: They are coming because there is no other game that week, and they want to hype the big boy playoffs. Most Montana fans know that very few outside of Montana care about the Griz. UNDSU fans seems to think the Buffs and the Buckeyes are pretty much the same since they both won NCs this year.

If the Buffs enjoy about 20 more years of nearly uninterrupted FCS excellence, and realize that nobody gives a shit, then you will understand.

Ya and that is a horse shit attitude to have.

FYI, nobody, and I mean nobody outside of Lakes, thinks NDSU could even hold a candle to Ohio State. Outside of the top 25 teams though? Most definitely, as evidenced by NDSU's past success against FBS teams.

All of this talk about NDSU fans thinking they could beat premiere FBS teams comes from one f*ing sign at the semi final game in 2013 that said We Want Bama. I actually know the guy who made that sign and can assure you it was a f*ing joke. I remember a few years ago watching a video made to highlight the 1995 Montana National Championship and saw a sign saying Dave Dickenson for President. Maybe I should get all ups and arms and call you guys delusional for thinking a 22 year old starting QB from UM is qualified to be the leader of the free world.

How is stating a fact a "horseshit attitude?" My attitude on the CFB pecking order has no bearing on the national perspective of FCS football. Trust me. Griz fans have been through this for decades. You'll learn.

In the meantime, go forth and change everyone's mind about FCS football! May your Buffs fly as high as your dreams!

2011BisonAlumni said:
All of this talk about NDSU fans thinking they could beat premiere FBS teams comes from one f*ing sign at the semi final game in 2013 that said We Want Bama.

Yeah, that's it. :lol:

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
All of this talk about NDSU fans thinking they could beat premiere FBS teams comes from one f*ing sign at the semi final game in 2013 that said We Want Bama.

He thinks you have Bison envy lmao. Cant speak for you, but nothing makes me prouder to be a fan of Montana and not schools like EWU & NDSU. Heck I'm in the oil/gas industry, and could work there instantly but choose not to for a variety of reasons.....one is what we are experiencing on this thread. It's almost Griz envy...DESPITE the fact that NDSU has won 4 titles, I'm amazed that their fans continue to try and justify the world exists because of them.

ordigger said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

He thinks you have Bison envy lmao. Cant speak for you, but nothing makes me prouder to be a fan of Montana and not schools like EWU & NDSU. Heck I'm in the oil/gas industry, and could work there instantly but choose not to for a variety of reasons.....one is what we are experiencing on this thread. It's almost Griz envy...DESPITE the fact that NDSU has won 4 titles, I'm amazed that their fans continue to try and justify the world exists because of them.

It's seriously weird.

ordigger said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

He thinks you have Bison envy lmao. Cant speak for you, but nothing makes me prouder to be a fan of Montana and not schools like EWU & NDSU. Heck I'm in the oil/gas industry, and could work there instantly but choose not to for a variety of reasons.....one is what we are experiencing on this thread. It's almost Griz envy...DESPITE the fact that NDSU has won 4 titles, I'm amazed that their fans continue to try and justify the world exists because of them.[/quo

If it isn't envy, it must be love. CDA sure loves to talk about NDSU when given the opportunity. Hell egriz has more topics about NDSU than Bisonville itself.

2011BisonAlumni said:
ordigger said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

He thinks you have Bison envy lmao. Cant speak for you, but nothing makes me prouder to be a fan of Montana and not schools like EWU & NDSU. Heck I'm in the oil/gas industry, and could work there instantly but choose not to for a variety of reasons.....one is what we are experiencing on this thread. It's almost Griz envy...DESPITE the fact that NDSU has won 4 titles, I'm amazed that their fans continue to try and justify the world exists because of them.[/quo

If it isn't envy, it must be love. CDA sure loves to talk about NDSU when given the opportunity. Hell egriz has more topics about NDSU than Bisonville itself.

Your fans are just good entertainment. New to the scene, and haven't figured this whole thing out yet. It's kind of like when a rock star makes his first big check. I will say this, it's nice to have EWU and Buff fans added to the mix because they are quite a bit dumber as a group than Cat fans.

2011BisonAlumni said:
In the last 5 years though, they certainly have been making opportunities for themselves with 11 games on ESPN channels, 2 games on Fox Sports, and 2 times hosting ESPN Gameday.

That is correct. UNDSU is the only football program in the entire nation that could persuade ESPN Gameday to come to town while hosting Incarnate Word.

We bow down to you.

Anything else we should do while we're down there?

ESPN has NEVER come to Missoula because they wanted to. They have showed up in the playoff games because they HAVE to.

Has Montana ever had a regular season nationally televised game on ESPN?

NDSU has

:coffee:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
ESPN has NEVER come to Missoula because they wanted to. They have showed up in the playoff games because they HAVE to.

NDSU has

Why don't you ask the question just before Labor Day this fall? Your bison envy is severe.

I am asking now, quit spinning things dickhead.

Anyone that is a fan of football should envy what NDSU is doing. They passed our program in 5 years and can't even find us in the rear view mirror.

I hate that it isn't us but you have to give them credit instead of being a bunch of arrogant morons like most of you are.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

NDSU has

Yes, ESPN has televised Montana in a regular season game, against Idaho. ESPN also has come to Missoula "because they wanted to" to televise basketball games. I don't remember ESPN ever going to NDSU because they wanted to, only for playoff games. I do recall seeing Gameday in Fargo, but don't remember ever seeing them on the NDSU campus. Can you remind us which regular season game ESPN broadcast from Fargo (not ESPN3, or gameplan, but an actual original ESPN broadcast)?

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I am asking now, quit spinning things dickhead.

Anyone that is a fan of football should envy what NDSU is doing. They passed our program in 5 years and can't even find us in the rear view mirror.

I hate that it isn't us but you have to give them credit instead of being a bunch of arrogant morons like most of you are.

Calm down, nobody's insulting their team. All my insults are directed at UNDSU fans personally. Okay, only the fat ones. So, like maybe 85%, tops.

Grizbeer said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

NDSU has

Yes, ESPN has televised Montana in a regular season game, against Idaho. ESPN also has come to Missoula "because they wanted to" to televise basketball games. I don't remember ESPN ever going to NDSU because they wanted to, only for playoff games. I do recall seeing Gameday in Fargo, but don't remember ever seeing them on the NDSU campus. Can you remind us which regular season game ESPN broadcast from Fargo (not ESPN3, or gameplan, but an actual original ESPN broadcast)?

He's talking about the "monumental" K-State and Iowa State games, beer, you know, where ESPN avoided having to go to Fargo, but still covered the Thundering Buffs.

Latest posts

Back