• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ellis Henderson

IntuitiveGriz

DONOR
Ellis Henderson likes what he see's so far: (Mon, Mar 23)

"I love it, I love it. :D You gotta love every offense that you play in. Um, definitely with the emphasis on receiving. And uh, and just really throwing the rock, and really having an explosive offense again is nice. Uh, when I originally came here under, uh, Pflugrad, this is exactly the offense i was planning to run in the first place. So, it's good to be back on, you know in an offense that is going to be able to get us the ball, uh, you know more than maybe 3 or 4 times a game. So, uh, I think we're all excited for it. Uh, I know me and Jamaal and Josh have all talked about it, and we're just, you know, excited to make it run, make it happen. Um, and we're just working on it everyday."

*Edited for spelling Jamaal

I recorded hundreds of interviews in my career and if we would have cut out all the ums and ahs they would have been half as long. People unaccustomed to public speaking get nervous and use a lot of fillers like these in their sentences. Maybe if you closet geniuses taped yourselves in mock interviews you would be surprised. Why bash a kid who is just showing excitement?

pussycatkillerz said:
Uh, this thread is slipping

It's nice to have the best WR in the FCS back, healthy and enthusiastic.

Thank you and well said. More importantly, Ellis has his sickness under control. Welcome back Ellis. :thumb:

cameo said:
I recorded hundreds of interviews in my career and if we would have cut out all the ums and ahs they would have been half as long. People unaccustomed to public speaking get nervous and use a lot of fillers like these in their sentences. Maybe if you closet geniuses taped yourselves in mock interviews you would be surprised. Why bash a kid who is just showing excitement?

No shit. Been there, done that.

griz71 said:
Looks like Ellis needs a couple classes in English composition....
Looks like you need a couple classes yourself Griz71. English Composition is not based upon spoken word, sir. :lol: It's the refinement of "written" word - NOT spoken. You on the other hand just made a first class donkey out of yourself with your fragmented sentence structure. I am embarrassed for you, they must have been giving away diplomas in 1971.

cameo said:

I, uh, I mean uhmmmm....I don't, uhm think they meant anything by it.

Glad to see that all the hub-bub over the impromptu "interview" has died down. Im a little biases but I found it absolutely refreshing to see #7 on the field being himself. We have the most dynamic playmaker in the BSC. A few more very important hurdles to cross before Fall but I am definitely very encouraged byt what I saw yesterday.

He comes across far more articulate then some of the previous comments in this thread https://twitter.com/UMGRIZZLIES_FB/status/586988160774615040/video/1

I have to echo my buddy Big Paws Best part of spring scrimmage
Unread postby BigPawzSharpClawz » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:56 pm
https://fb.com/l/1MWwQCBKBeGB427 This was the best part of the scrimmage :thumb:

BTW WIlly Pflug is a dude I would RS him & open the QB competition again in 2016. Gus is the clear frontrunner as our #1 & honestly surprised me with his spring performance.
2) Chalich 3) Simis 4) Pflug 5) Prater i dont know if he plays here unless its as a career backup.
Plfug is the future at the QB position but Gus has earned the gig as the present Griz QB IMHO!

Maul 'Em
Go Griz

Sweet Jesus we missed Ellis Henderson last year! This scrimmage highlighted this fact severely. The Griz would have finished #1 in conference last year, instead of #2 if he played...

WELCOME BACK PLAY-MAKER :!: :!: :!:

:dance: :dance: :dance:

IntuitiveGriz said:
I don't miss-quote people.

This is not a legal proceeding. There is a difference between misquoting and misrepresenting what he said. The' uh's take away from what he said or meant, IMO. About finished with Florio's Reporting 101 class?

Back