• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Have a Great Memorial Day

After a couple of double whiskey drinks with two super ladies I am having a great Memorial start. Hope all the good Griz fans are rolling. Have a great weekend. Remember this, drive fast in order to lower your exposure.

Yo, Atlanta stay away from sour msu characters lurking...

Well, I will be thinking of my grandpa this weekend who was an ex-marine that enlisted in the Corp under a fake name and fake birth certificate at sixteen years old. Although, I don't know if representing the United Fruit Company's interests in places like Honduras and Nicaragua during the "Banana Wars" was all that noble, he seemed to be proud of it. Here's to you Grandpa.....

CV Griz Fan said:
Well, I will be thinking of my grandpa this weekend who was an ex-marine that enlisted in the Corp under a fake name and fake birth certificate at sixteen years old. Although, I don't know if representing the United Fruit Company's interests in places like Honduras and Nicaragua during the "Banana Wars" was all that noble, he seemed to be proud of it. Here's to you Grandpa.....

You're never an "ex" marine. :clap: ;)

AZGrizFan said:
CV Griz Fan said:

:thumb:

krammer said:
AZGrizFan said:
CV Griz Fan said:

:thumb:

My mistake.

I served in the US Army even though I spent my young years in Canada. My folks were US and so am I.

I will say I hated every year (3) I served. I was not distinguished and looking back it was good for me to grow up while in the Army. I learned to kill people but that part was like all other trades I learned and none of them served me for later in life. Memorial day is a great day for all of us to celebrate and be thankfull for our vets.

what-difference-does-it-make.jpg

Freedom to post. Freedom to bitch. Freedom to attend a game and taunt your rival when you kick their arse year after year after year after year. Serving and the service of our vets makes all the difference in the world. I try not to associate scum bag politicians with our military. One serves themselves, big oil and defense contractors. The other serves the country.

Copper Griz, While at it you forgot "Big Government"

Politicians belong in hell, thence they can lie to the devel and then...What difference does it make?

Thanks Alpha U made my day!

I would like to thank anyone who served. I did not and I see what it did to my friends and classmates. One became a pilot and does what he loves still. Another came back a shell of himself and I can't imagine the weight that must weigh on his mind for the things he had to do to keep our way of life the way it is. I'm just a teacher I didn't have to give what he did and I am extremely grateful for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dupuyer griz said:
I would like to thank anyone who served. I did not and I see what it did to my friends and classmates. One became a pilot and does what he loves still. Another came back a shell of himself and I can't imagine the weight that must weigh on his mind for the things he had to do to keep our way of life the way it is. I'm just a teacher I didn't have to give what he did and I am extremely grateful for him.

"Just a teacher..."

I owe un-payable debts to teachers. I am certain many of your students appreciate you...or they will someday. :)

I am a Canadian who's grandfather served in the US Navy in WW2, his ship was hit by a kamikaze at Okinawa and he was also at Iwo Jima. I look forward to the day in the distant future when we only remember the service of warriors in wars from the distant past. Until then God Bless All who serve.

Freedom is not free. It was paid for with the blood of our heroes. Some are called to service and for every single one I am grateful.

Rained here all Monday. Watched replay of Band of Brothers. Thoughts of today's college students needing safe zones and worried about micro-aggressions. I know people get tired of the back in my day comparison's but it really is a huge distinction.

Had a fantastic Memorial Day weekend, with it starting on Thursday. My niece and her Butte Central Catholic HS Maroons placed 2nd at the Class A Tournament, in Belgrade. BC twice beat Belgrade (who went undefeated against Class A teams during the regular season, and went 2-1 against Class AA). BC Lost to Frenchtown in the undefeated semi-final, by the score 3-2 (on a come from behind three run homer). And then battled back to the chipper and lost to Frenchtown again, who became the 4-time state champions! Fun, fun weekend.

Latest posts

Back