• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Explaining My Position on Coach Stitt

AZGrizFan said:
Bloomberg75 said:
Did any actually waste any time reading about ATL thoughts on Stitt?

Let me summarize. He expects Stitt to take a team that was 5-6 just two years ago, that has the worst offensive line we've had in a decade (his words), no running backs (his words), a horrible offensive scheme (his words), and a QB that will probably be replaced by game 3 (his words) and no quality receivers (his words) and make a deep run in the playoffs in just his second year or the coach should be fired.

Correct. Just like Shula and Franchione were fired at Alabama cause they couldn't get it done. Sabin inherited a similar weak team, and won immediately. That's what good coaches do.

EverettGriz said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
Ursa Major said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
Ursa Minus, another dumbed-down participation trophy fan. Uh, Hauck dominated the conference, and played in two NC games. I have stated many times my concern with him, and it had nothing to do with winning.

Lets face it Growler, this isn't about Stitt. This isn't about Griz football. This is about narcissism and your need for attention. WE ALL know what your positions are (three knuckles deep) because you have posted them several dozen times on several dozen other threads. Your crime isn't being a pathetic narcissist that constantly seeks attention, your crime is being a boring and repetitive pathetic narcissist that constantly seeks attention.

Get some new material and maybe we'll give you attention,

Here's something new for you. I was in downtown Missoula today, and went 3 knuckles deep as a group of gorgeous chicks walked by. One of them commented on how she loves a man unafraid to express his need to scratch his ass in public. She found it to be a real turn-on, and wished her boyfriend had the nads to do it. She gave me her phone number.

True story. Here's the card she gave out:

Obviously, she recognizes a prospect in need when she sees one...

Silvertip said:
EverettGriz said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
Ursa Major said:
Lets face it Growler, this isn't about Stitt. This isn't about Griz football. This is about narcissism and your need for attention. WE ALL know what your positions are (three knuckles deep) because you have posted them several dozen times on several dozen other threads. Your crime isn't being a pathetic narcissist that constantly seeks attention, your crime is being a boring and repetitive pathetic narcissist that constantly seeks attention.

Get some new material and maybe we'll give you attention,

Here's something new for you. I was in downtown Missoula today, and went 3 knuckles deep as a group of gorgeous chicks walked by. One of them commented on how she loves a man unafraid to express his need to scratch his ass in public. She found it to be a real turn-on, and wished her boyfriend had the nads to do it. She gave me her phone number.

True story. Here's the card she gave out:

Obviously, she recognizes a prospect in need when she sees one...

Go back to sleep. Is that the best you got? :dope:

Mo Club Griz football discussion today with 3 season tickets holders who never read, nor post on egriz. Consensus is that Phillips is the best QB and will start sooner or later this year. The silent majority has spoken.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Mo Club Griz football discussion today with 3 season tickets holders who never read, nor post on egriz. Consensus is that Phillips is the best QB and will start sooner or later this year. The silent majority has spoken.

How I wish you were part of the silent majority.

Atlanta Griz1 said:

Dude, are you ever going to get it? Montana is NOT Alabama or Michigan. At this level, they actually do s--t the right way. They don't run the team based on what you and your "season ticket" holders think, and are never going to. There are no dark booster behind closed doors pulling the strings and there aren't going to be either. I'm a season ticket holder and I full recognize this. I don't think, nor expect and am actually glad that Haslam, Stitt, Bobby, O'Day, both Mick D's, Wayne Hogan, Don Read Joe Joe and anyone else who is actually in charge of Griz football care what I think about who should play and who shouldn't play. The day that the University of Montana cares about what any of us Hacks think about what should happen between the lines is the day I lose a lot of respect for this university.

And just so you understand, I'm not talking about the fan expectations for success. I embrace and love how high the expectations are at UM and glad that there is pressure on this program to win. However, fans being jacked and passionate about the Griz, and who is in control of who plays are two completely different things at UM. And even at your beloved Bama now adays, I'm pretty sure nobody tells Nick who to play and not play.

I know I'm wasting my time, as I'm sure this will go right over your head, but I'm going to keep saying it anyway, the head coach of the university of Montana does NOT care what you think and who you think is better than Gus. And thank God for it.

Atlanta Griz1 said:

So you have 4 personalities?

AZGrizFan said:
Bloomberg75 said:
Did any actually waste any time reading about ATL thoughts on Stitt?

Let me summarize. He expects Stitt to take a team that was 5-6 just two years ago, that has the worst offensive line we've had in a decade (his words), no running backs (his words), a horrible offensive scheme (his words), and a QB that will probably be replaced by game 3 (his words) and no quality receivers (his words) and make a deep run in the playoffs in just his second year or the coach should be fired.

Not sure why he needed to start this thread to explain, everyone knows that has been his position all along, his second favorite position right after "the digger"

Atlanta Griz1 said:

Are you indicating that you are not a season ticket holder, and that season ticket holders, all 19,000 of them, have special status in terms of knowing what's going on with Griz football. If so, I am going to figure out how to be a season ticket holder, and get to know some of those season ticket holders. Any advice on how to do those things would be appreciated.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Phillips is the best QB on this team. Period. Will he get the nod this year? Highly doubtful but not impossible and totally dependant upon his grasp of the offense. Season ticket holders or not is irrelevant in this discussion as being a season ticket holder does not make one an expert on QB's or even much more than a "pedestrian" fan.

RobGriz said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
Phillips is the best QB on this team. Period. Will he get the nod this year? Highly doubtful but not impossible and totally dependant upon his grasp of the offense. Season ticket holders or not is irrelevant in this discussion as being a season ticket holder does not make one an expert on QB's or even much more than a "pedestrian" fan.

What makes you say "period"? What brings you to that conclusion? All reports I've heard have told me that he has a lot of potential, but that Gus is the best QB on the team right now by quite a bit.

Sam A. Blitz said:
RobGriz said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

What makes you say "period"? What brings you to that conclusion? All reports I've heard have told me that he has a lot of potential, but that Gus is the best QB on the team right now by quite a bit.
Gus has a better grasp of the offense, no doubt, so he is our best option at this time. However, mechanics, fundamentals and all around talent wise, Phillips is better. Just my opinion, but true, none-the-less. And if & when you see Phillips with the ones you'll agree too.

Big-Dill.png

Atlanta Griz1 said:
havgrizfan said:
Brew, Egriz is all he's got. The threat of taking his statues he donated, not being a fan anymore, those things have never worked for him. O'Day didn't care what he thinks, neither does Kent. His "friends" who he won't name don't have any power with the university or its football program either. Unfortunately, WE are all Wolfman has. We're stuck with him because he has no other avenue, and honestly, I'm OK with that because if my university ever started listening to him, or his "friends" I'd be pretty worried.

Hilarious! :jack: :loser: :loser:

Say what you want, but that post by Hav was 100% spot on. This is apparently all you have going on.

Beautiful 85 degree summer weekend in Missoula, and you spend it posting your garbage on e-griz. I figured you'd be out golfing with one of your coaching pals.

pathetic and sad..........

Ursa Major said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
It is no secret that I do not believe that coach Stitt has the right stuff to lead us back to 1) dominating a weak Big Sky Conference again, and 2) Playing in the the National Championship game as we have done 5 times in the past.

If I could be athletic director for a year, here would be my criteria regarding coach Stitt.

A) If he did not make the playoffs this year, I would buy out his remaining year and move on
B) If he made the playoffs, but lost the first game, I would allow him to finish his 3-year contract, but would not renew his contract unless he progressed to the semi-finals or beyond in his last season of his contract. If he accomplished this, I would give him a new contract.

Understand that my goal is for our program to return to dominance. And, it can be done with the right head coach running the show. We just have to determine if Stitt is the right coach. Remember when Alabama went through 3 head coaches (DuBose, Franchione, Shula) after Stallings won their last National Championship in 1996 and retired. USC is going through that process now after Carroll left. In my mind, we are in a similar process. I don't count Pflu, because I think he was on the right track to return us to prominence before his untimely demise. But we have suffered through Delaney, and now Stitt is trying to be the man. Will he be the answer. I will know after this season is over. Will you????
The first sentence should read:
It is no secret that, just like when Bobby Hauck was coach, I do not believe that coach Stitt has the right stuff to lead us back to 1) dominating a weak Big Sky Conference again,

As far as I needed to read . . .

I didnt get past the title...after I saw whom the author was.

Raider said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
havgrizfan said:
Brew, Egriz is all he's got. The threat of taking his statues he donated, not being a fan anymore, those things have never worked for him. O'Day didn't care what he thinks, neither does Kent. His "friends" who he won't name don't have any power with the university or its football program either. Unfortunately, WE are all Wolfman has. We're stuck with him because he has no other avenue, and honestly, I'm OK with that because if my university ever started listening to him, or his "friends" I'd be pretty worried.

Hilarious! :jack: :loser: :loser:

Say what you want, but that post by Hav was 100% spot on. This is apparently all you have going on.

Beautiful 85 degree summer weekend in Missoula, and you spend it posting your garbage on e-griz. I figured you'd be out golfing with one of your coaching pals.

pathetic and sad..........

+1 to both Hav and Raider.......ATL needs to find a life outside of egriz.....the weekend was much to nice to spend here.....

Wise people talk less, are silent more, and listen more than those lacking wisdom. ATl should take that advice.

Back