• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UND to the MVFC?

BadlandsGrizFan said:
UNDfan said:
PlayerRep said:
UNDfan said:
At least I don't choice to be misinformed.

BTW, Hell isn't Holy, which is another example of misinformation here.

You are obviously misinformed on budgets, because Montana has a larger athletic budget than almost all of the MV conference schools. According to this link for 2014-15, UM was $23.8 million, and MSU was $18.8 million. Ill st. was $26 million, Mo. St. and So. Ill were $25 million, NDSU $22.3 million, No. Iowa $19.8 million, SDS, $16.4, SD $14.7, Ind. St 14, West. Ill. $13.3.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/
Never said Montana would have any thing to do with the MVFC.

Montana simply doesn't have to budget to hang with the MWC, excepting Nevada and San Jose St.

After the champions center is built Montana will already have nicer facilities than 95% of the mountain west schools.....to state that Montana couldn't hang is just ridiculous.
So, big fella, get your checkbook out...

Ursa Major said:
UNDfan said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
UNDfan said:

Montana simply doesn't have to budget to hang with the MWC, excepting Nevada and San Jose St.

After the champions center is built Montana will already have nicer facilities than 95% of the mountain west schools.....to state that Montana couldn't hang is just ridiculous.
Most of the MWC schools have athletic budgets more than $40 mill. Even Wyoming had $32.3 Mill last year. Nevada, SJSU, and Utah St are the poor men of that conference, with budgets in the high $20's.

This board is as delusional as NDSU's. The MWC would take Texas teams (like UTEP, Rice, UTSA, or North Texas) or even UC Davis if it gets an upgrade in their stadium seating as Davis has the stellar academics and a media market that Presidents want. NDSU and the Griz won't even get a sniff.
Godspeed in the New WAC!

I can only imagine UND's 2021 inaugural year in WAC football. I'll go on record to predict the first season's 7-1 results.

CSU* @ UND *Disqualified for lack of a football program Win
Utah Valley* VS UND *Disqualified for lack of a football program Win
Chicago State* @ UND *Disqualified for lack of a football program Win
Rio Grande Valley* VS UND *Disqualified for lack of a football program Win
Grand Canyon* @ UND *Disqualified for lack of a football program Win
Seattle U* @ UND *Disqualified for lack of a football program Win
U. of Missouri, Kansas City* VS UND *Disqualified for lack of a football program Win
New Mexico State @ UND 36-3 Loss

Hahahahah!!!!

UNDfan said:
CSU had athletic revenue of $38 mill last year. As usual Egriz is wrong, unless your back in 2008 time frame which this board seems to be.

52% of which was subsidized.

UNDfan said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
UNDfan said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Most of the MWC schools have athletic budgets more than $40 mill. Even Wyoming had $32.3 Mill last year. Nevada, SJSU, and Utah St are the poor men of that conference, with budgets in the high $20's.

This board is as delusional as NDSU's. The MWC would take Texas teams (like UTEP, Rice, UTSA, or North Texas) or even UC Davis if it gets an upgrade in their stadium seating as Davis has the stellar academics and a media market that Presidents want. NDSU and the Griz won't even get a sniff.

If you think the WAC would preffer any of those texas programs over Montana..you are the delusional one.....

I live 20 minutes from the North Texas campus....people couldnt give a damn about the Mean Green....and that will never change....in this football crazy market people hardly get up in the morning to watch SMU....TCU is all that matters....

But keep trying...UND should fit in perfectly into the WAC.....we literally just finished building an indoor high school facility which is head to toe better than the Allerus barn your program calls home.
Ever heard of the Cowboys? A team that keeps losing but the fans pay big bucks anyway just to be seen.

As I said, we would need an on campus donates stadium to go FBS.

Believe me I know all the financial details of how the project got built...and the city of Frisco and FISD footed much more of the bill for the indoor facility than you think.

Is UNDs new tennis program going to play their games in your indoor barn also?

BadlandsGrizFan said:
UNDfan said:
PlayerRep said:
UNDfan said:
At least I don't choice to be misinformed.

BTW, Hell isn't Holy, which is another example of misinformation here.

You are obviously misinformed on budgets, because Montana has a larger athletic budget than almost all of the MV conference schools. According to this link for 2014-15, UM was $23.8 million, and MSU was $18.8 million. Ill st. was $26 million, Mo. St. and So. Ill were $25 million, NDSU $22.3 million, No. Iowa $19.8 million, SDS, $16.4, SD $14.7, Ind. St 14, West. Ill. $13.3.

I HIGHLY doubt that. Do you know what the MWC schools have? USU has better all around facilities than UM, and I am quite certain we don't even have no where near the best facilities in the MWC.

http://www.utahstateaggies.com/school-bio/ust-facilities.html

NavyBlue said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
UNDfan said:
PlayerRep said:

I HIGHLY doubt that. Do you know what the MWC schools have? USU has better all around facilities than UM, and I am quite certain we don't even have no where near the best facilities in the MWC.

http://www.utahstateaggies.com/school-bio/ust-facilities.html

Those facilities look like trash

WaGriz already nicer than your football stadium

Is your football indoor practice facility nicer, basketball practice facility, locker rooms, weight rooms?

A big renovation of our trashy stadium is just finishing up and another one will be starting soon.

http://www.utahstateaggies.com/maverikcam/

NavyBlue said:
Is your football indoor practice facility nicer, basketball practice facility, locker rooms, weight rooms?

Again..once the champions center is completed next year...YES!!!! except indoor football facility...which apparently is on the schedule in the future....oh and our fan base is better

According to this: http://winapps.umt.edu/winapps/athletics/upwithmontana/south_wgs.aspx ,

the Champions Center consists of things just recently upgraded at USU, doesn't include a women's volleyball venue or a basketball practice facility, either.

Colorado State is building a brand new football stadium, USU is considering building a brand new basketball arena.

I'd call those facilities almost identical. UM needs an indoor practice facility and they'd be on par with USU and most MWC teams.

NavyBlue said:
the Champions Center consists of things just recently upgraded at USU, doesn't include a women's volleyball venue or a basketball practice facility, either.
At UM, the volleyball venue and basketball practice facilities are located in the relatively new West Auxiliary Gyms, which are located immediately west of where the Champions Center will be constructed.

I am not saying UM has bad facilities, I just don't agree that they are or will be better than 95% of the MWC. They certainly would be MWC-worthy, in my opinion, just not better than 95% of the conference.

This is so funny. No money for sports; ok I can understand that. But they have money for a "social justice" housing community to house cry-bullies and hyper-sensitive millennials and shield them from self-perceived micro-aggressions, things that upset them, reality, and well, normal life in general?

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=8071

cx500d said:
This is so funny. No money for sports; ok I can understand that. But they have money for a "social justice" housing community to house cry-bullies and hyper-sensitive millennials and shield them from self-perceived micro-aggressions, things that upset them, reality, and well, normal life in general?

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=8071
The resident libtard's will use one wing of a dorm for their little project.

The photo used isn't from UND, so that goes to show you how great that's site journalism is.

Back