• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bottom Line

AKGriz72

We have to put today's performance behind us and come out with our hair on fire next week.

It's do or die, I can't see us making the playoffs if we lose. I'm predicting we fall 7-8 spots in the rankings after today.

The Griz will not only make the playoffs at 8-3, but will host a game Thanksgiving weekend. Do you guys not learn anything from past years? Every year, somebody says an 8-3 or sometimes even a 9-2 Griz team won't make it in, and it's NEVER happened and it's not going to happen this year either. Mods, please bookmark this or pin it or whatever. At 8-3 the Griz are not only in, but host a first-round game. SMH.

I agree though with the OP, the Griz need to get some s--t together if they want to have ANY chance against EWU. And even then it might not be enough because Grubrud isn't Blake Kemp and Kupp isn't Emmanual Butler.

Ummm...I don't see a world where the Griz aren't in the playoffs at 8-3.

Right now the Big Sky has a decent shot for 5 teams to make it this year after Weber just pulled off a helluva comeback in the final seconds at SUU...

The Griz will make the playoffs if there is anyway the committee can justify putting them in. It doesn't matter if they really deserve to be in UM will generate more money for the ncaa than anybody else. So if they are border line they will get in and probably host a first round game likely aginst a school doesnt even give out the full allotment of scholarships. The Griz will win that game easily then go play a real team and get beat on the road. Basically, exactly how this season has gone so far and when it's all over they will say they made the second round of the playoffs and we will be just a year or two away from a return to the top of fcs. Just like the last few years.

havgrizfan said:
You actually think there are 24 other teams in the FCS better than the Griz? That's nuts
Not really... there's at the very least one that's 4-4......NAU.... they are better....at least they were today. And what's important is that this griz team beats the teams it's expected to but falters whenever the outcome is in doubt.....e.g. Cal poly and NAU. The two teams they really needed to beat so far on the schedule in regard to the conference title they failed.....and if they are incapable of beating teams with a modicum of drive and capability I for one can't imagine them making a run in the playoffs..... maybe there are not 20 teams with better players, but I would bet that there are 20 that play better as a team and get the job done in those types of situations.....but I'm also angry with the piss poor performance I saw earlier tonight and might be more rational in 12 hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's funny how people think we will go 8-3 and make the playoffs but what about 7-4? Montana will probably struggle against ewu and unless ewu has a off day Montana will probably lose. Hope not but that looks like a reasonable assumption. We have the upper hand against isu because we are at home but northern Colorado will be no push over. They have the same conference record and beat nau in flagstaff. We play them on the road. Toss-up seems likely. We can probably get by msu but only because we are home and their young quarterbacks will struggle with the atmosphere.
7-4 is a real possibility especially with what we saw yesterday. We really need to turn this pattern around and muster up a miracle in Cheney. We have yet to beat a good football team......

I hate to be the negative voice here but based on the NAU experience we are far from the days of Glenn and Hauck when we were the "cream of the BSC" MOST every year and contending for national titles. To date we are middle of the pack in the BSC at best and looking for at least one more conference loss and maybe two. We will likely make the playoffs but doubt if we will go very far. WE actually have not beaten anyone that is any good, maybe with the exception of NIU but that is likely a stretch to say they are real good compared to previous years. I think we have lots of talent and most of it is young which is good but something is missing like the swagger of previous years. We have a long ways to go, sorry for the negative voice, I am just trying to look at things realistically. Go Griz and let's finish on a real high note

I don't get why people keep thinking an 8-3 montana doesn't make the playoffs? When has an 8-3 montana ever not hosted a playoff game?

BadlandsGrizFan said:
I don't get why people keep thinking an 8-3 montana doesn't make the playoffs? When has an 8-3 montana ever not hosted a playoff game?

NO shit. The committee doesn't even have a conversation about an 8-3 Montana team. They just put them on a line and move on.

In fact, damn near ANY 8-3 team from an FCS Power conference is a given.

bigkid said:
It's funny how people think we will go 8-3 and make the playoffs but what about 7-4? Montana will probably struggle against ewu and unless ewu has a off day Montana will probably lose. Hope not but that looks like a reasonable assumption. We have the upper hand against isu because we are at home but northern Colorado will be no push over. They have the same conference record and beat nau in flagstaff. We play them on the road. Toss-up seems likely. We can probably get by msu but only because we are home and their young quarterbacks will struggle with the atmosphere.
7-4 is a real possibility especially with what we saw yesterday. We really need to turn this pattern around and muster up a miracle in Cheney. We have yet to beat a good football team......

If the Griz lose to anyone in addition to EWU down the stretch, including a BAD UNC team, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

Making the playoffs and winning in the playoffs are two entirely different things. I wish Griz Nation would stop being satisfied with just making the playoffs. If we play another game like yesterday's game, Griz will not succeed. Another one and done is totally unacceptable!

reinell30 said:
Making the playoffs and winning in the playoffs are two entirely different things. I wish Griz Nation would stop being satisfied with just making the playoffs. If we play another game like yesterday's game, Griz will not succeed. Another one and done is totally unacceptable!

It has actually been two and done. And I don't think people are just satisfied with making the playoffs, but you have to get into the playoffs to have any chance, even a small chance.

HelenaHandBasket said:
bigkid said:

If the Griz lose to anyone in addition to EWU down the stretch, including a BAD UNC team, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.
Agree; I'm not looking forward to seeing this team in the playoffs anyhow. Without significant improvement, they would be embarrassed by any teams that can throw the ball and put a little pressure on our QB.

Back