A Players Parent perspective

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
IntuitiveGriz
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter
I am a fan of: MONTANA

Re: A Players Parent perspective

Postby IntuitiveGriz » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:05 pm

PlayerDad - Thank you so much for your great post. I enjoyed reading it. You seem like a cool guy.

And I am totally on board with what you had to say regarding the young players, that Stitt recruited, need to mature and when they do, LOOKOUT!!! i myself have posted that feeling before. This team is building into something great.

Thank you to your son and to your family for choosing The University of Montana :!:
73-38-5 against state

WE ARE MONTANA!!!

One.Cool.Customer
4th String
I am a fan of: UM

Postby One.Cool.Customer » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:30 pm

Very cool, playerdad...agree a mobile qb enhances this offense, whether it's extending plays in passing game, designed throws that move the pocket, forcing a defender into spy coverage, or built in qb draws, read options, etc...

NativeGriz
Starter
I am a fan of: Montana

Postby NativeGriz » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:43 pm

IntuitiveGriz wrote:
PlayerDad wrote:
BDizzle wrote:
go4two wrote:Welcome to Griz Nation Mr. Weaver? :thumb: :thumb:

Mr. Banks is my guess.

Neither.

It's Mr.Torres.
If true, he is my favorite recruit's dad.
I have found it is impossible to please everyone. On the other hand it is really easy to piss everyone off.

go4two
2nd String

Postby go4two » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:27 pm

NativeGriz wrote:
IntuitiveGriz wrote:
PlayerDad wrote:
BDizzle wrote:
Mr. Banks is my guess.

Neither.

It's Mr.Torres.

Since we are talking about Torres. He was a highly recruited 3 star offensive lineman last year, and I haven't heard much about him. Does anybody know how how he is progressing? Is he projected to be in the mix as a redshirt freshman?

George Ferguson
Second Team All Conference
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
Former Name: havgrizfan

Postby George Ferguson » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:22 pm

go4two wrote:
NativeGriz wrote:
IntuitiveGriz wrote:
PlayerDad wrote:

Neither.

It's Mr.Torres.

Since we are talking about Torres. He was a highly recruited 3 star offensive lineman last year, and I haven't heard much about him. Does anybody know how how he is progressing? Is he projected to be in the mix as a redshirt freshman?

Yes

krammer
Starter
I am a fan of: griz

Postby krammer » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:36 am

I believe there are at least two red shirt freshman that have been mentioned as possible starters....that is how good that class really was......everyone, senior on down is goin to have to compete hard for a starting job, as it should be...

brewskis
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter
I am a fan of: University of Montana

Postby brewskis » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:52 am

krammer wrote:I believe there are at least two red shirt freshman that have been mentioned as possible starters....that is how good that class really was......everyone, senior on down is goin to have to compete hard for a starting job, as it should be...

On the OL? Because as a whole I think we could see at least twice that number take starting spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reinell30
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter
I am a fan of: UM

Postby reinell30 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:59 am

brewskis wrote:
krammer wrote:I believe there are at least two red shirt freshman that have been mentioned as possible starters....that is how good that class really was......everyone, senior on down is goin to have to compete hard for a starting job, as it should be...

On the OL? Because as a whole I think we could see at least twice that number take starting spots.

This year I want to see the best person on field at each position regardless if it is a freshman or senior. Just want whoever performs the best to be out there.

brewskis
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby brewskis » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:28 am

reinell30 wrote:
brewskis wrote:

This year I want to see the best person on field at each position regardless if it is a freshman or senior. Just want whoever performs the best to be out there.

Me too. I think that was a huge problem last year.

I think there is at least one RS FR at each position that will challenge for a starting spot. Save maybe the DL and LB.

Jackson, Torres, and Beaver (my favorite) at OL.
Lewis Cowans at CB.
Jensen at QB.
Green at RB.
Crow at safety. (Maybe a year away, but a future star)
Toure and Akem at WR.

HookedonGriz
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby HookedonGriz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:41 am

brewskis wrote:
reinell30 wrote:
brewskis wrote:

Me too. I think that was a huge problem last year.

I think there is at least one RS FR at each position that will challenge for a starting spot. Save maybe the DL and LB.

Jackson, Torres, and Beaver (my favorite) at OL.
Lewis Cowans at CB.
Jensen at QB.
Green at RB.
Crow at safety. (Maybe a year away, but a future star)
Toure and Akem at WR.

Don't forget Dareon Nash at WR. Dude has big upside and coaches high on him as well. Then you also have Brennan Corbin and Jed Nagler. Stacked!

IdaGriz01
Second Team All Conference

Postby IdaGriz01 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:02 pm

reinell30 wrote: ...

:thumb:
"To be the best, you have to beat the best." Heard that on here somewhere, time to time. ;)

Holds for player-on-player just as it does for team-on-team. The good news is, a player can work his ass off and have another chance week-to-week (under a good coaching staff) ... unlike a game lost for the team.

So ... GO GRIZ (players) :egriz:

Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS”