• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NEW VERBAL: QB Matt Robinson- San Juan Capistrano, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
CV Griz Fan said:
Gaeilge1 said:
Good stuff! But gotta admit the first time I watched the highlights reel I was more impressed with the number of talented receivers this kid had to throw to. #'s 3, 4 and 21 all made great plays and adjustments on the ball. Certainly a lot of talent on a high school team!

Second time through I paid more attention to Mr Robinson. Quick, accurate release and appears to to have real good field vision. Most impressive was his ability to avoid the big hit and to continue to make the play after initial contact. He was given pretty good protection though from what appeared to be a good offensive line.

Loved his quick decision making and ability to get down field.

That's California HS football. Most every team has one FBS level recruit. Think about that....

Even if that is an exaggeration, recruiting California is hugely important and brutally competitive as almost all FBS and FCS programs recruit there. I think Green having good connections down there definitely helps us out and is crucial. I would like to see us add another coaching staff member that has connections there, Western Washington or Arizona.

krammer said:
Bjorn Bjornstein said:
mtgrizrule said:
I hope we can keep this kid. He has a much stronger arm than Jordan Johnson did at the same stage. IT took JJ 3 years of college to get his arm strength to par. Nonetheless, JJ is my 3rd favorite GRIZ QB of all time (behind DD and Ochs). JJ would have put up monster numbers had Pflugrad remained coach.

Coupled with Gresch Jensen, qb appears to be in great hands the next 5 to 6 years. I was very impressed with the little I saw of Jensen this spring. The only worry I have, who will emerge as qb this season? Who is ready to be the man this season?

Hill, in my estimation, is the heir apparent...

I too believe Hill is going to break the other quarterbacks hearts....in the spring game he just looked like he had the "it" factor and his skill set is very good as well, arm, mobility and leadership...pretty darn impressive kid imo....
Not saying he won't win the starting job, but why weigh the spring game where he looked great against the 2s higher than the other two scrimmages where he looked notably worse than the other two QBs? He has yet to show he can play well against the #1 defense at any point, while the other two have at least had good days against them.

Anyways, no matter who it is, he'll be pushed by Robinson as soon as he gets off his redshirt in a few years.

uofmman1122 said:
krammer said:
Bjorn Bjornstein said:
mtgrizrule said:
I hope we can keep this kid. He has a much stronger arm than Jordan Johnson did at the same stage. IT took JJ 3 years of college to get his arm strength to par. Nonetheless, JJ is my 3rd favorite GRIZ QB of all time (behind DD and Ochs). JJ would have put up monster numbers had Pflugrad remained coach.

Coupled with Gresch Jensen, qb appears to be in great hands the next 5 to 6 years. I was very impressed with the little I saw of Jensen this spring. The only worry I have, who will emerge as qb this season? Who is ready to be the man this season?

Hill, in my estimation, is the heir apparent...

I too believe Hill is going to break the other quarterbacks hearts....in the spring game he just looked like he had the "it" factor and his skill set is very good as well, arm, mobility and leadership...pretty darn impressive kid imo....
Not saying he won't win the starting job, but why weigh the spring game where he looked great against the 2s higher than the other two scrimmages where he looked notably worse than the other two QBs? He has yet to show he can play well against the #1 defense at any point, while the other two have at least had good days against them.

Anyways, no matter who it is, he'll be pushed by Robinson as soon as he gets off his redshirt in a few years.

I would not necessarily disagree with anything you said,,,,you were probably there at the spring game as I was,,,it may be that I am giving Hill too much credit for being the only new kid to the qb position, even if was against the number twos.....also just the feeling,,,i know, not very objective but that is what I came away from the game with....I hope they all have the right stuff and we can pick and choose....alao agree with you about the robinson kid...

After reading this thread it sounds like we won't have to play the games from 2018-2022 because we have the championships all locked up because of this kid. Make sure you get signed up for the Ticket updates for Frisco.

http://www.ncaa.com/tickets/football/fcs

Wow! After watching his highlight film as a sophomore and junior, I will be surprised if some BCS school does not woo him away. Granted he has great receivers, but he placed the ball where they had a chance to snag it. I hope he really fell in love with Montana/Missoula and loves to fish and hunt, or something to keep him coming here. Has anyone tracked these early verbals with how many actually commit?

Horribilis said:
Wow! After watching his highlight film as a sophomore and junior, I will be surprised if some BCS school does not woo him away. Granted he has great receivers, but he placed the ball where they had a chance to snag it. I hope he really fell in love with Montana/Missoula and loves to fish and hunt, or something to keep him coming here. Has anyone tracked these early verbals with how many actually commit?

Its too bad he just can't go straight to the NFL and take Tom Brady and/or Aaron Rodgers job as well.

grizpsych said:
Played three of the top ten teams in California/USA, let's look at a video that includes basically none of those teams. With that written, I'm sure he is great.The one broken play run was awesome.
What are you talking about? There are multiple highlights against Mater Dei and St. John Bosco on that video. 2 of the best programs on the country

WaGriz4life said:
grizpsych said:
Played three of the top ten teams in California/USA, let's look at a video that includes basically none of those teams. With that written, I'm sure he is great.The one broken play run was awesome.
What are you talking about? There are multiple highlights against Mater Dei and St. John Bosco on that video. 2 of the best programs on the country
.....& Centennial

GoldStandardGriz said:
WaGriz4life said:
grizpsych said:
.....& Centennial
Just trying to get a rise out of someone. I think, it was so long ago. :thumb:

Cal Poly picked up a nice QB commit for 2018. Lancaster QB Jalen Hamler (6'2" 190) committed this week. Last season he threw for 2,011 yards (61% completions) and 23 TDs with only 2 INTs. Rushed for 599 yards (7.4 yards per carry) and 8 TDs.

Video Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/video/3/8236515/57effe4b0aff7a6a24e8d2f0

The_Real_Chief said:
blackfoot griz said:
Same HS as Cole Bergquist?

Is his rocket as good as Cole's? I hear he has good balls but what about the rocket?
Right?

Don't let the NCAA here about another QB coming to Missoula with good balls and a good rocket.

NCAA are just a bunch of fun-suckers.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bisonfanatical said:
The_Real_Chief said:
blackfoot griz said:

Is his rocket as good as Cole's? I hear he has good balls but what about the rocket?
Right?

Don't let the NCAA here about another QB coming to Missoula with good balls and a good rocket.

A bit of a reach, Jordan Johnson is the QB you are thinking of, Cole was actually a really upstanding guy when he was in Missoula, and a lot of folks on this board may argue with me but I think Cole is the best QB we've had since winning it in 2001.

The_Real_Chief said:
Bisonfanatical said:
The_Real_Chief said:
blackfoot griz said:

Right?

A bit of a reach, Jordan Johnson is the QB you are thinking of, Cole was actually a really upstanding guy when he was in Missoula, and a lot of folks on this board may argue with me but I think Cole is the best QB we've had since winning it in 2001.
No argument,
That was a play on the NCAA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back