• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hauck

Butte5518 said:
TCCGRIZ said:
Butte5518 said:
kemajic said:
Just keep spouting crap when you can't even get your facts straight. Here are the results of the last four games in 2002 before Hauck took over in 2003. It's probably news to you that we won the NC in 2001.

11/16/02 EWU 30; UM 21 (Spokane, WA)
11/23/02 MSU 10; UM 7 (Missoula)
11/30/02 UM 45; Northwestern St. 14 (Missoula)
12/7/02 McNeese St. 24; UM 20 (Lake Charles, LA)

Yep - winning the NC then going deep the next year sure is the definition of inheriting a "shit program".. and yes.. you are the tool for not thinking BH took over a stellar program!

Its called "Swagger" better get used to it cause it's coming back

OK... if you call averaging 10 losses every year for 5 straight years in his last gig as having "swagger".. then lets grab him!!

Many coaches have found success at a certain level and have not been able to duplicate it in a different role. Whether that is D2 coach trying it at the FCS level, FCS coach trying it at the FBS level, FBS coach trying it in the NFL, successful coordinator trying to be a head coach etc. Hauck isn't the first and he won't be the last.

You wanna know why Hauck didn't win a national championship? Because in every single year Hauck lead a team to the championship game, Montana was beat by the one team in the country better than them. It wasn't a coaching failure by Hauck. Winning a national championship is not easy and most programs would kill to just once make it TO the national championship game.

41GrizFan said:
Butte5518 said:
TCCGRIZ said:
Butte5518 said:
Yep - winning the NC then going deep the next year sure is the definition of inheriting a "shit program".. and yes.. you are the tool for not thinking BH took over a stellar program!

Its called "Swagger" better get used to it cause it's coming back

OK... if you call averaging 10 losses every year for 5 straight years in his last gig as having "swagger".. then lets grab him!!

Many coaches have found success at a certain level and have not been able to duplicate it in a different role. Whether that is D2 coach trying it at the FCS level, FCS coach trying it at the FBS level, FBS coach trying it in the NFL, successful coordinator trying to be a head coach etc. Hauck isn't the first and he won't be the last.

You wanna know why Hauck didn't win a national championship? Because in every single year Hauck lead a team to the championship game, Montana was beat by the one team in the country better than them. It wasn't a coaching failure by Hauck. Winning a national championship is not easy and most programs would kill to just once make it TO the national championship game.

As an Iowa fan, truer words have never been spoken. I would consider donating my left arm to get to the championship.

One.Cool.Customer said:
CatzWillRise said:
The last two Cat/Griz games were weird to me, because really that is the first time I think in forever I felt like the Cats were the tougher, more fired up, aggressive team. Even during the Kramer years I always felt the Griz were likely to win because they wanted it, they had the confidence, and they knew they were going to win. Most of the time, even when we won, I felt the Griz were much more physical and dominant. There was no statisically reason that we should have won this year, but I felt confident we could because of how last year went - Choate's teams play hard wire to wire, where Stitt teams played like Ash teams - impossible to stop when things are going right, but when things hit the fan they got soft and fizzled. Hauck teams never did that.

Catz, I appreciate your posts and contributions to the discussions on egriz...and I’ve heard a few cat die-hards (friends of mine) echo what you stated above. I’m curious what your thoughts on a second hauck tenure are? My neighbor, a MSU grad/active alum/season ticket holder stated this morning (I’m paraphrasing here): surprised but impressed um recognized the mistake and made the change, the thought of hauck back was something he was not looking forward to.
I'm for it, Its a different conference than when he was at um before, he doesn't have as many advantages as he did then and has some rebuilding to do. Besides getting BH will keep us from feeling sorry for your university and its problems.

Guy over on Maroon blood saying that Hauck is official. Says press conference tomorrow at 11. I don't know anything, just relaying the info.

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
G-BEARS said:
Guy over on Maroon blood saying that Hauck is official. Says press conference tomorrow at 11. I don't know anything, just relaying the info.

That's you man, come on knock that shit off

No it's not, just passing on the info. No idea if it's true or not.

G-BEARS said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
G-BEARS said:

Oh ok. (horseshit) the "anonymous" person over there is G-man...your name here is G-bears. Someone ban this @sswipe

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
G-BEARS said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
G-BEARS said:

Oh ok. (horseshit) the "anonymous" person over there is G-man...your name here is G-bears. Someone ban this @sswipe

Wow

G-BEARS said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
G-BEARS said:

What a gutless choice if true.

indian-outlaw said:
G-BEARS said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
G-BEARS said:

I mean I see the confusion, with the similarities in screen name. But this is too funny, can't make this stuff up. haha

G-BEARS said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
G-BEARS said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:

Wow

Fool me once shame on you...fool me twice shame on me.
We've seen this dog & pony show, just yesterday in fact. Nobody believes that you aren't simultaneously posting on both boards.

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
G-BEARS said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
G-BEARS said:

Wow

We've seen this dog & pony show, just yesterday in fact. Nobody believes that you aren't simultaneously posting on both boards.

That's fine. Was just passing the info on from g-man on maroon blood. Doubt it'll happen as well.

G-BEARS said:
indian-outlaw said:
G-BEARS said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:

I mean I see the confusion, with the similarities in screen name. But this is too funny, can't make this stuff up. haha
careful, I'll cut you or come visit you at night.

G-BEARS said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
G-BEARS said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:

Wow

That's fine. Was just passing the info on from g-man on maroon blood. Doubt it'll happen as well.

I do not doubt that we will sign Hauck, what I doubt is that it isn't you posting on 2 different forums, giving people false information.

If it truly isn't you, I will eat my words and apologize. I HIGHLY doubt that to be the case either.

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
G-BEARS said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
G-BEARS said:

I do not doubt that we will sign Hauck, what I doubt is that it isn't you posting on 2 different forums, giving people false information.

If it truly isn't you, I will eat my words and apologize. I HIGHLY doubt that to be the case either.

I'd just go apologize to G-man if it turns out to be true. It doesn't bother me at all, just think it's funny.

G-BEARS said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
G-BEARS said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:

I'd just go apologize to G-man if it turns out to be true. It doesn't bother me at all, just think it's funny.

I'm getting all jumpy, want the actual announcement to happen so I can stop checking these damn boards 10x a day lol

Didn’t he quit on us? And didn’t he saddle us with recruits who got into trouble and cost us a 2011 trophy (forfeited) and scholarships sanctions for years? Back to the future?

Griznationalist said:
Didn’t he quit on us? And didn’t he saddle us with recruits who got into trouble and cost us a 2011 trophy (forfeited) and scholarships sanctions for years? Back to the future?

Really, you want to blame 2011 on BH? And by quit, do you mean took a FBS job the paid a significant amount more the Montana?

HelenaHandBasket said:
Griznationalist said:

Really, you want to blame 2011 on BH? And by quit, do you mean took a FBS job the paid a significant amount more the Montana?

Seriously. I guess BH stole some of these guys' girlfriends at some point...jeez.

SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Griznationalist said:

Seriously. I guess BH stole some of these guys' girlfriends at some point...jeez.

Lol

Back