• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2018 Griz Football Recruiting 22 Signed/Transfers, 7 Walk-ons & 4 Offers

Bisonation said:
#1 - I see 0 Minnesota recruits anywhere.

#2 - I see 0 NDSU recruit competition anywhere.

seems odd, have you gone west young man?

NDSU's recruiting page's on bisonville
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?38251-2018-Recruiting-Summary
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?38069-2018-Recruiting-Updates

We really don't recruit Minnesota. We have had many recruiting battles with NDSU in recent years (some won some lost) but I think those were mostly in Arizona. In 2018, we won the battle for Gabe Sulser over NDSU.

Our recruiting base tends to be Montana, Washington, Idaho, Oregon, California and Arizona. Not that we don't reach out of this area from time to time but these states make up our recruiting home.

Bisonation said:

Bisonguy, have you gone west?

Typically Montana has always recruited the West. There are the occasional offers to a few kids in the Midwest, or even further afield. Yet if you drew a line straight south from our state line shared with No Dakota you'd find about 90% of the Grizzlies are from the western side of that line. Has been that way for decades (or forever?). :ugeek:

Grizzlies1982 said:
Bisonation said:

Bisonguy, have you gone west?

Typically Montana has always recruited the West. There are the occasional offers to a few kids in the Midwest, or even further afield. Yet if you drew a line straight south from our state line shared with No Dakota you'd find about 90% of the Grizzlies are from the western side of that line. Has been that way for decades (or forever?). :ugeek:

McCauley Todd and the safety from South Dakota were definite outliers....

https://twitter.com/alexxjohnson13/status/964233726170312705

Looks like Johnson found a home. Probably a walk on there at UCLA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayday said:
https://twitter.com/alexxjohnson13/status/964233726170312705

Looks like Johnson found a home. Probably a walk on there at UCLA

Good for him....still scratching my head why he is not here

grizfan1984 said:
Don't know if he was offered but got a visit over the weekend from Louis Harden OL/DT 6'1" 300 LBS San Clemente,CA

He is a load at nose and comes from a good football league. Just shows how some guys fall through the cracks of recruitment

[hudl]https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9332730/5a022efa02b19a1e885488b0[/hudl]

obiwan said:
Super. Since we are looking at unsigned kids how about considering some unsigned on vim and from mt?

UM does not have a depth issue or need at LB. The best unsigned players are linebackers. Both teams have made their choices.

We need some OT help. Much more than the CB position that everyone is concerned about. Hoping we will sign a transfer or 2. Most of our OL depth are more interior type guys.

coach CJ Cox is following a grad transfer CB Marcus Green. On his twitter header it says U of M 2018 May grad transfer.. Wonder if that's us? His account is private unless you follow him. I will leave that up to someone else.

Sam A. Blitz said:
We need some OT help. Much more than the CB position that everyone is concerned about. Hoping we will sign a transfer or 2. Most of our OL depth are more interior type guys.

We probably have enough OL depth. Not ideal. I think the major issue is how green and unproven everyone is besides Villanueva. That problem is compounded by the unknown return of Jackson who had surgery on his hip. Beaver and Stoner are going to have to step up at those tackle positions this Spring. So I agree an experienced transfer would definitely be a major help. Corner is similar probably will have bodies there but what do really we have? Nash and Cowans are young and have limited snaps. Egbo has barely any snaps at corner. The big sky has some teams that really can pass the ball. So one transfer there is almost a must whether FBS or juco.

codycleve said:
coach CJ Cox is following a grad transfer CB Marcus Green. On his twitter header it says U of M 2018 May grad transfer.. Wonder if that's us? His account is private unless you follow him. I will leave that up to someone else.

There is a Marcus Green from University of Memphis but not sure he is a grad transfer

grizfan1984 said:
codycleve said:

There is a Marcus Green from University of Memphis but not sure he is a grad transfer
Marcus is from Northeast Oklahoma A&M

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

casewinter13 said:
grizfan1984 said:
codycleve said:

Marcus is from Northeast Oklahoma A&M

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
University of Oklahoma to Northeast Oklahoma A&M (JC) to Memphis St to here (?)

grizfan1984 said:
codycleve said:

He is a graduate transfer according to his twitter. He was a fairly highly rated corner that went to Oklahoma University for two years where it didn't work out so he went juco to North East Oklahoma A&M for his sophomore year. Transferred to Memphis for his junior year where he could not crack the depth chart because of injury then those young corners passed him up on the depth chart before he could come back. Him and Cox follow each other. The "U of M" means University of Memphis.That is what I know.

Nevada transfer corner Brandon Brooks is another to watch and one that might be more likely because of San Diego ties. Also, New Mexico State corner Aron Mulugheta is another to watch.

There also seems to be reciprocal interest for Washington grad transfer WR- Brayden Dickey. He is 6'5" and 230. Could be a force as a pass catching TE at this level.

dayday said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

We probably have enough OL depth. Not ideal. I think the major issue is how green and unproven everyone is besides Villanueva. That problem is compounded by the unknown return of Jackson who had surgery on his hip. Beaver and Stoner are going to have to step up at those tackle positions this Spring. So I agree an experienced transfer would definitely be a major help. Corner is similar probably will have bodies there but what do really we have? Nash and Cowans are young and have limited snaps. Egbo has barely any snaps at corner. The big sky has some teams that really can pass the ball. So one transfer there is almost a must whether FBS or juco.

What is the 2 deep at OT? Beaver and Jackson are the only 2 with some experience at OT. Jackson won't play this Spring. Who are the backups? Hopefully some of the young guys can step up, but most of the OL on the roster are natural guards. It takes a different kind of athlete to effectively play OT. Just my opinion, but OT is the biggest concern going into this spring.

Back