• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New spring roster and position changes.

krammer said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Love Nagler's move to OLB for two reasons. One being we are going to have TEs coming out of our ass pretty soon. It will be the too many position, like WR was. Hah. And two being Nagler will be an athletic OLB that is good in pass defense being that he has receiver skills. His height and ability to run will rival that of one of the Grizzlies all-time leading tacklers...the 6-foot-5, 227-pound Tyler Joyce.

ddd2f4ec-66c8-56f2-9f31-e48340964842.image.jpg

From Billings Gazette: http://billingsgazette.com/sports/griz-linebacker-tyler-joyce-plays-a-good-game-then-writes/article_c278342c-1e4e-5261-91db-d9f344c14910.html
Montana coach Bobby Hauck is well aware of the impact Joyce makes for the Griz.
"Tyler is a smart player," Hauck said. "He's intense and is a real physical presence on field. It's good to have him on our defense. He brings a lot of things to the plate as a linebacker."
It's a wonder the Grizzlies were lucky enough to get Joyce.
As a junior at Overland High School in Aurora, Colo., Joyce was one of the most highly touted players in his state and was ranked in the top 20 nationally for prep linebackers.
But going into his senior year, Joyce had suffered some injuries and the bigger schools that were courting him shied away.
"Some of the schools looking at me were Michigan, Notre Dame, Nebraska, and Colorado and Colorado State," Joyce says. "Then I had some shoulder problems going into my senior year, and that sort of held me back in some camps, and a lot of those teams fell off.

side note...imo that is the best looking uniform we have ever had, period.

Minus the shoulder stripes, I'd agree. Maybe a nice big Griz paw or something

mtgrizrule said:
Great to see the last year's departing SR's set the tone for "team 1st". Simis, Sprunk, and Ralston all willingly changed positions and busted ass to become the best they could be for their team.

Blows my mind every time I see this. The players do NOT choose what position they play! They don't have a choice. You really think Bobby Hauck let's his players choose what position they want to play? Really?

WaGriz4life said:
mtgrizrule said:
Great to see the last year's departing SR's set the tone for "team 1st". Simis, Sprunk, and Ralston all willingly changed positions and busted ass to become the best they could be for their team.

Blows my mind every time I see this. The players do NOT choose what position they play! They don't have a choice. You really think Bobby Hauck let's his players choose what position they want to play? Really?
Well they kind of do have a choice, they could leave the program after all.

WaGriz4life said:
mtgrizrule said:

I see what you are saying, but I see it more like this.....

When players are asked to play a position that isn’t their first choice, some quit, some do it reluctantly (and never give their all), and a select few rise above, and make the entire team better because of their selfless act!

THOSE are the ones you build a culture around or in Montana’s case, get back to the culture we had!!!

I don't know about the rest of you but all these players being switched to T E and F B = a stout running game to me... Thank God Bobby is back!!!
Go Griz!

Back