• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A Choat-led 4yr losing streak?

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
[Choach Chode] wouldn't say "We're fortunate right now" unless he felt that way. If he thought we were in trouble at QB he's say something like "They need to improve but the're working hard and I think they will" or something similar.
You guys don’t get it. His “program” is facing down a four year losing streak, after a bazaar extension. The same old Choach-speak ain’t gonna cut it. He’s already said that shit for years. Now that he’s on the hot seat, he needs a different script.

I interpret his words lately the opposite way of most delusional cat people. To me, he sounds like he’s trying to tell the fans to temper their expectations, but he can no longer come right out and say that stuff, so he has to say things like “fortunate” instead of “good.”

I kind of feel sorry for him (but not really). He’s in an impossible position. He can’t win and trying to control P-fan expectations is like trying to herd cats, literally.

Can't tell if this is a serious post or not but if it is, you literally have no idea what has been going on in Bozeman.

poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
[Choach Chode] wouldn't say "We're fortunate right now" unless he felt that way. If he thought we were in trouble at QB he's say something like "They need to improve but the're working hard and I think they will" or something similar.
You guys don’t get it. His “program” is facing down a four year losing streak, after a bazaar extension. The same old Choach-speak ain’t gonna cut it. He’s already said that shit for years. Now that he’s on the hot seat, he needs a different script.

I interpret his words lately the opposite way of most delusional cat people. To me, he sounds like he’s trying to tell the fans to temper their expectations, but he can no longer come right out and say that stuff, so he has to say things like “fortunate” instead of “good.”

I kind of feel sorry for him (but not really). He’s in an impossible position. He can’t win and trying to control P-fan expectations is like trying to herd cats, literally.

Can't tell if this is a serious post or not but if it is, you literally have no idea what has been going on in Bozeman.

They have no clue, yet they cannot help themselves spewing this garbage. It is what they are hoping happens. Let the season begin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigsky33 said:
PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:
From Cats scrimmage tonight:

1st series - 1s vs 1s: stalled and missed FG (Andersen QB)

2nd series - 2s vs 2s: Barkley runs for 42 yard TD (Beltran QB)

3rd series - mix of 1s and 2s: drive stalls quickly (Rovig QB)

4th series - 1s vs 1s: drive stalls inside 10 in a fumbled pitch by Andersen (Andersen QB)

5th series - 2s vs 2s: stalls inside 10 and 22 yard FG made (Bauman QB)

6th series - 1s vs 1s: 4 and out, drive stalled (Andersen QB)

7th series - 1s vs 2s: Andersen throws pick 6 by George Filer (Andersen QB)

8th series - 1s vs 2s and 3s mix: Andersen breaks tackle and scores 55 yard TD (Andersen QB)

9th series - 2s vs 2s: Rovig to Sullivan for 18 yard TD (Rovig QB)

10th series - 2s and 3s vs 2s and 3s: drive stalls and Bailey kicks 24 yard FG (Andersen QB)

11th series - 2s vs 3s: Rovig with big overthrow picked off by Luke May (Rovig QB)

12th series - 2s vs 3s: drive stalls and Byrne hits 27 yard FG (Bauman QB)

So Andersen QBd 6 of the 12 drives. Scored a TD himself on one (against 2s and 3s) and led offense to a FG on one. Had two TOs (pick and fumble). Not the best outing really.

Do you know Anderson's throwing stats?

I would say he was around 60 percent passing. Don’t know his yardage yet. The offense had about 400 yds. Anderson would have had to more running tds but he had the red shirt on. The Cat defense will be one of the best in the conference this year. They know all the plays the offense runs, so it is a bigger challenge for offense. Thought they all did good considering. There will need to be some things cleaned up but that is normal.

It sounds like TA is too good of an athlete to keep off the field.

https://twitter.com/skylinesportsmt/status/1030976310523252736

His situation reminds me of Josh Pafhausen’s (sp?). He too was a freak athlete and a better QB than Brian Ayat. He moved to receiver though because the team was better overall with both of them on the field.

Unless he's significantly better than the Oregon bounce back kid, I’ll bet that TA ends up in a similar situation playing running back. But would expect to see some kind of wildcat package in short yardage or goal line situations.

MiningCityGrizFan said:
bigsky33 said:
PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

4th series - 1s vs 1s: drive stalls inside 10 in a fumbled pitch by Andersen (Andersen QB)

8th series - 1s vs 2s and 3s mix: Andersen breaks tackle and scores 55 yard TD (Andersen QB)

10th series - 2s and 3s vs 2s and 3s: drive stalls and Bailey kicks 24 yard FG (Andersen QB)

11th series - 2s vs 3s: Rovig with big overthrow picked off by Luke May (Rovig QB)

So Andersen QBd 6 of the 12 drives. Scored a TD himself on one (against 2s and 3s) and led offense to a FG on one. Had two TOs (pick and fumble). Not the best outing really.

I would say he was around 60 percent passing. Don’t know his yardage yet. The offense had about 400 yds. Anderson would have had to more running tds but he had the red shirt on. The Cat defense will be one of the best in the conference this year. They know all the plays the offense runs, so it is a bigger challenge for offense. Thought they all did good considering. There will need to be some things cleaned up but that is normal.

It sounds like TA is too good of an athlete to keep off the field.

https://twitter.com/skylinesportsmt/status/1030976310523252736

His situation reminds me of Josh Pafhausen’s (sp?). He too was a freak athlete and a better QB than Brian Ayat. He moved to receiver though because the team was better overall with both of them on the field.

Unless he's significantly better than the Oregon bounce back kid, I’ll bet that TA ends up in a similar situation playing running back. But would expect to see some kind of wildcat package in short yardage or goal line situations.

He would have had two more tds if he was not wearing a red jersey.

poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:

Unless and until MSU can piece together its first winning season since 2014, it doesn't matter "what has been going on in Bozeman." MSU has won fall camp against itself for a decade. It's not news.

CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:

Unless and until MSU can piece together its first winning season since 2014, it doesn't matter "what has been going on in Bozeman." MSU has won fall camp against itself for a decade. It's not news.

Gee, you must have an inside source. [emoji23]

PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

MONTANA STATE SCRIMMAGE STATS
RUSHING: Maleek Barkley 10-74-1, Troy Andersen 10-64-1, Isaiah Ifanse 5-26-0, Karl Tucker II 5-12-0, Shane Perry 5-25-0, Lane Sumner 4-23-0, Justin Cauley 3-5-0, Casey Bauman 2- -3-0, Tucker Rovig 3- -5-0, Coy Steel 2-16-0, Ruben Beltran 1- -6-0.

PASSING: Troy Andersen 10-16-1, 96, 0; Tucker Rovig 7-10-1, 63, 1 TD; Casey Bauman 7-11-0, 73, 0; Ruben Beltran 5-6-0, 31, 0; Kevin Kassis 0-1-0.

RECEIVING: Kevin Kassis 2-12-0, Isaiah Ifanse 1-23-0, Mekhi Metcalf 3-20-0, Maleek Barkley 2-22-0, Peyton Hanser 3-23-0, Karl Tucker II 1-4-0, Travis Jonsen 2-21-0, Coy Steel 3-18-0, Johnny D’Agostino 2-19-0, Logan Kleinhans 1-12-0, Willie Patterson 3-31-0, Lance McCutcheon 1-12-0, Connor Sullivan 1-18-1, Lane Sumner 1-3-0, Mark Estes 1-11-0, Koby Duru 1-5-0, Shane Perry 1-11-0.

DEFENSIVE SPECIAL STATS: Sacks – Byron Rollins (2), Marcus Ferriter, Tyrone Fa’anono, Zach Wright. Other Tackles-for-Loss – James Williams, Kyle Rygg; Fumble Recovery – Balue Chapman; Interceptions – Greg Filer III, Luke May.

SCORING PLAYS

Maleek Barkley 42 run (Tristan Bailey)

Tristan Bailey 22 FG

Troy Andersen 55 run (Tristan Bailey)

Connor Sullivan 18 pass from Rovig (Kevin Kassis)

Tristan Bailey 22 FG

Jacob Byrne 28 FG

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:

Gee, you must have an inside source. [emoji23]

Gee, come back when one is required.

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:

Nailed it again, Grizzalies! He must carry a combination of beef jerky and tuna in his pantpockets around campus to act as a pheromone for the cat faithful.

He's always been like a Svengali with cats as he uses his mysterious metaphors of beating skies and personally owning a sovereign American state like a laser pointer to lure the unabated attention of cat fans.

At this point, black is white and up is down.

Sadly, the gig is about up.

I hope the next staff hangs on to Ty. Poor guy.

PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

10-16 for 94 yards

bigsky33 said:
PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:

Choate isn't on the hotseat.

Plus 1. You are right PR

That's the irony. Stitt goes with his record. Chote stays with his. Yes, a big part of it is beating your in state rivals but what happens this year when the trophy once again migrates West where it belongs?

Standards, expectations, goals. You have yours, we have ours.

What's acceptable to your fans isn't to ours.

PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:

PR,

Do you think the fanbase, Waded and little elvis would be fine with ANOTHER losing season? Four in a row and three from the current staff.

Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:

PR,

Do you think the fanbase, Waded and little elvis would be fine with ANOTHER losing season? Four in a row and three from the current staff.

Don’t know, but every Cat I know expects a better season this year. So do I.

Why do you think he got an extension? Answer: Because fans and the administration believe Choate is taking them in the right direction and is building a strong program.

You can’t hang the losing season of a prior coach on Choate.

Some of you need to step up and not embarrass Griz nation like some of the cat fans embarrass their school.

Ursa Major said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:

Nailed it again, Grizzalies! He must carry a combination of beef jerky and tuna in his pantpockets around campus to act as a pheromone for the cat faithful.

He's always been like a Svengali with cats as he uses his mysterious metaphors of beating skies and personally owning a sovereign American state like a laser pointer to lure the unabated attention of cat fans.

Been that way for a looong time. Most people don’t know the true origins. Sonny The Elder coined the phrase “herding cats” when he passed the keys to the jalopi on to Sonny The Younger. Elder was of course actually referring to dealing with the fan base.

signedbewildered said:
bigsky33 said:
PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:

Plus 1. You are right PR

That's the irony. Stitt goes with his record. Chote stays with his. Yes, a big part of it is beating your in state rivals but what happens this year when the trophy once again migrates West where it belongs?

They definitely can't keep him after another losing year. A three year loser just won't cut it, even in Bozeman. The buyout will suck, but that's the price for a bad business decision. I'm turning my attention to a potential short list of replacements. Please feel free to add.

Gregorak: Players seem to like him. Questionable bona fides. Some say he's more of a rah-rah than a real FB mind, but IDK. Never a HC, but that hasn't mattered previously. I see him as a frontrunner.

Tim Camp (HC at Eastern Oregon): A proven winner with HC experience. Tremendous upside to get it to .600. Could finally open up that elusive Eastern Oregon Pipeline for the Bobcats.

Jake Chapman (Video Coordinator at Wyoming): Coordinated the video of a lot of great FCS FB at UNDSU before Bohl jumped to the big leagues. Kid seems hungry and ready to cut his teeth with a starter program. Could be a great get for the price.

Darcy Baker (Corporate A/P at Costco NW): Some say she's past her prime, but she has a proven track record of "righting the ship". Bulldog recruiter. Does not tolerate tardiness. Definitely asks to speak to a lot of managers. Makes a great lemon square.

Jon Choach (LB/ST/Key Grip at College of Idaho): Just trying to multiply negative numbers here. Maybe worth a shot.

HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

10-16 for 94 yards
Looked like the top receiver was QB#2. Makes sense

PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:

PR,

Don’t know, but every Cat I know expects a better season this year. So do I.

Why do you think he got an extension? Answer: Because fans and the administration believe Choate is taking them in the right direction and is building a strong program.

You can’t hang the losing season of a prior coach on Choate.

Some of you need to step up and not embarrass Griz nation like some of the cat fans embarrass their school.

I completely agree that they should be better this year. If, however, he three-peats on losing seasons, I think he'd have to go. I trust most Bobcat fans would agree.

CDAGRIZ said:
signedbewildered said:
bigsky33 said:
PlayerRep said:

Plus 1. You are right PR

They definitely can't keep him after another losing year. A three year loser just won't cut it, even in Bozeman. The buyout will suck, but that's the price for a bad business decision. I'm turning my attention to a potential short list of replacements. Please feel free to add.

Gregorak: Players seem to like him. Questionable bona fides. Some say he's more of a rah-rah than a real FB mind, but IDK. Never a HC, but that hasn't mattered previously. I see him as a frontrunner.

Tim Camp (HC at Eastern Oregon): A proven winner with HC experience. Tremendous upside to get it to .600. Could finally open up that elusive Eastern Oregon Pipeline for the Bobcats.

Jake Chapman (Video Coordinator at Wyoming): Coordinated the video of a lot of great FCS FB at UNDSU before Bohl jumped to the big leagues. Kid seems hungry and ready to cut his teeth with a starter program. Could be a great get for the price.

Darcy Baker (Corporate A/P at Costco NW): Some say she's past her prime, but she has a proven track record of "righting the ship". Bulldog recruiter. Does not tolerate tardiness. Definitely asks to speak to a lot of managers. Makes a great lemon square.

Jon Choach (LB/ST/Key Grip at College of Idaho): Just trying to multiply negative numbers here. Maybe worth a shot.

:lol: :lol: Brilliant!

My money is on Darcy, Always Darcy!

garizzalies said:
Ursa Major said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:

Been that way for a looong time. Most people don’t know the true origins. Sonny The Elder coined the phrase “herding cats” when he passed the keys to the jalopi on to Sonny The Younger. Elder was of course actually referring to dealing with the fan base.
Sonny was truly great before the syphilis and diabetes got the better of him. :thumb:

garizzalies said:
HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

10-16 for 94 yards
Looked like the top receiver was QB#2. Makes sense

Get used to it. If you listen to the cat fans, Troy Anderson is so fast that when he turns the lights off to go to bed at night he's already in bed before it's dark.

This season, I fully expect to hear of a few qb Troy Anderson completed passes to a streaking qb Troy Anderson on a post pattern plays.

Back