• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tripp again...

I hope he never ends up on 60 Minutes openly weeping because he was not drafted until the fourth round...

Good football players have some arrogance to them and a dominating mindset. Some of you people are acting all upset because he was talking himself up, but I guarantee to you that scouts and coaches love that attitude from a LB.

Sam A. Blitz said:
Good football players have some arrogance to them and a dominating mindset. Some of you people are acting all upset because he was talking himself up, but I guarantee to you that scouts and coaches love that attitude from a LB.

They sure do love the confidence, as do I. There is a right way and wrong way to do it. The right way is not demeaning other players or calling them out. The other way is being confident in what you personally can do and not be shy about it. Just holding yourself accountable. That is how Tripp did it, in my opinion. I for one am glad to see he did it too. At worse, the doubters or NFL personnel who did not know who he was now know his name. That likely caused them to pull out more video, do more research, and evaluate him better. Brilliant move by Tripp or whoever advised him. :thumb:

Tripp is an awesome football player, I am happy for him that he is potentially getting drafted, what an honor.

The 50 TD run he gave up in the Coastal Carolina game still is a head scratcher, but 1 horrible play doesn't break (or make even) a player.

He'll have a good NFL career! :clap:

...remember the old saying...
...it'z o k to blow your own horn...
...cuz nobody's going to blow it for you...

... :cool: ...

Funny story on an under the radar type draft prospect...

A couple weeks ago I was at a local gym (Fuel Fitness) lifting and doing cardio late one night. I saw these two big, young guys come in. They caught my eye because at this time the gym is usually almost empty. I had never seen them before. They looked like SEC football players is what came to mind, funny now, but then yes that is what came to my mind. It was spring break after all, maybe they were passing through? Or better yet, Pac 12 players (U Wash, Wash St) made more sense due to proximity. The two of them were really out-going and having a good time, all while lifting some serious weight. The bigger of the two was benching 405 lbs (eight 45 lb plates). I was on the elyptical machine with my headphones on across the room and didn't get to find out who they were before they finished and left. At the time I thought what a strange experience, because i was sure they were (atleast the bigger dude) was a current big-time football player, or atleast a recent one (having graduated not long ago).

Flash forward to the other day, who do I see on the news? The same guy! Who was he? This guy: http://buttesports.com/former-oredigger-jones-mentioned-on-nfl-com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wish I knew who he was at the time, could have congratulated him and wished him good luck!

IntuitiveGriz said:
Funny story on an under the radar type draft prospect...

A couple weeks ago I was at a local gym (Fuel Fitness) lifting and doing cardio late one night. I saw these two big, young guys come in. They caught my eye because at this time the gym is usually almost empty. I had never seen them before. They looked like SEC football players is what came to mind, funny now, but then yes that is what came to my mind. It was spring break after all, maybe they were passing through? Or better yet, Pac 12 players (U Wash, Wash St) made more sense due to proximity. The two of them were really out-going and having a good time, all while lifting some serious weight. The bigger of the two was benching 405 lbs (eight 45 lb plates). I was on the elyptical machine with my headphones on across the room and didn't get to find out who they were before they finished and left. At the time I thought what a strange experience, because i was sure they were (atleast the bigger dude) was a current big-time football player, or atleast a recent one (having graduated not long ago).

Flash forward to the other day, who do I see on the news? The same guy! Who was he? This guy: http://buttesports.com/former-oredigger-jones-mentioned-on-nfl-com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wish I knew who he was at the time, could have congratulated him and wished him good luck!

I've had the pleasure of meeting Ryan while attending Tech and living in Butte. He seemed to be a really nice guy and judging by his frame, I think he'll do well.

Back