• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

grading the eagles

How can anybody grade Vernon Adams at anywhere lower than an A? Isn't he the preseason All-American QB, I think he threw like 50 td's last year. If he's not an A then nobody is. And don't bother with the he throws jump balls but his receivers make him look good. All QB's throw risky throws sometimes.

SaskGriz said:
How can anybody grade Vernon Adams at anywhere lower than an A? Isn't he the preseason All-American QB, I think he threw like 50 td's last year. If he's not an A then nobody is. And don't bother with the he throws jump balls but his receivers make him look good. All QB's throw risky throws sometimes.

Agreed. The kid's a douche, but he's a hell of a QB.

Grizbeer said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grizcountry420 said:
Grizbeer said:
Except he exaggerates like a million times per day.

I see what you did there.....

:lol:

Pssh. You've seen it about a thousand times before.

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=66504&p=969168&hilit=million#p969167
a thousand times? You have like 4700 posts. A thousand would only be like 21.15% of your posts. Better check your math there.

Sorry, I was in the middle of a miserable Monday. I had like 700 emails to answer. I'm about 100 beers deep right now.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
marceagfan5 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
E-Gals

QB - B
RB - C-
OL - C
TE - D+
WR - B+

DL - C-
LB - C+
DB - D+/C-

P - D
K - C

Lots of room for improvement on this team considering they shot their wad last year and this year WILL NOT go the way they think it will.

Better than I expected, surprised at the semi reasonable grades

Why?

I am one of the few honest and relatively reasonable people on here. Everyone else throws out A and participation ribbons for all because they base their opinion on emotion and not scouting and intelligence.

I just figured we wouldn't keep score at Griz games this season.

SaskGriz said:
Do you even know how to grade a QB?

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I am one of the few honest and relatively reasonable people on here. Everyone else throws out A and participation ribbons for all because they base their opinion on emotion and not scouting and intelligence.

You're all talk. Why don't you post the grades of your own team then.

Rjones61 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Probably because this thread is titled Grading the Egals.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
SaskGriz said:

Maybe not but I will take a shot at it.

Last year Adams threw 55 tds against 15 picks, completed 65% of his passes for a shade under 5000 yrds. He also rushed for 600+. He led his team to a national semi-final game where he completed 66% of his passes for 394 and rushed for another 65. I suspect you will blame him for EWU being unable to stop Terrence West.

Comparables:
Jimmy Garoppolo 66% for 5050, 53 TD 9 Picks and no threat to run - NFL draft pick
Jordan Johnson 57% for 3387, 32 TD 5 picks, 148 yrds rushing.

And don't get me wrong I love Jordie as our QB and I'd take him any day of the week and twice on Saturday.

So maybe I don't know football or grading QB's but it would appear that Vernon Adams and a high NFL draft pick from this year are pretty comparable.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Rjones61 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Didn't stop other posters.

All talk.

SaskGriz said:
Big Playa V.D.'s risky throes are the kind that burn you long after the fact

Rjones61 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Rjones61 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Didn't stop other posters.

All talk.

Most Griz fans are idiots and cant read.......thats why topics go to shit on here.

Fly away

SaskGriz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
SaskGriz said:

Last year Adams threw 55 tds against 15 picks, completed 65% of his passes for a shade under 5000 yrds. He also rushed for 600+. He led his team to a national semi-final game where he completed 66% of his passes for 394 and rushed for another 65. I suspect you will blame him for EWU being unable to stop Terrence West.

Comparables:
Jimmy Garoppolo 66% for 5050, 53 TD 9 Picks and no threat to run - NFL draft pick

And don't get me wrong I love Jordie as our QB and I'd take him any day of the week and twice on Saturday.

So maybe I don't know football or grading QB's but it would appear that Vernon Adams and a high NFL draft pick from this year are pretty comparable.

Plus he gets an A as a crack back blocker......just ask Tripp.

grizophile said:

Well, someday when Shoota is sitting on the porch with his homies, watching the NFL and reminiscing about his "glory days" at EW U, he'll be able to tell people "yeah, see that MLB there for the Dolphins? I lit that cracka UP!!!!"

grizophile said:
SaskGriz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
SaskGriz said:

Comparables:

I would ask Tripp, but he isn't around. You see, he is in Miami, playing in a thing called the NFL, a place Vernon Adams will never even sniff!

AZGrizFan said:
grizophile said:

Well, someday when Shoota is sitting on the porch with his homies, watching the NFL and reminiscing about his "glory days" at EW U, he'll be able to tell people "yeah, see that MLB there for the Dolphins? I lit that cracka UP!!!!"

Shoota has never used the word "cracka" he is pure as the driven snow Im sure....just ask the e-gal fans. :roll: Plus he strikes me more of a "honkey hatea" or "cracka ass cracka" kind of guy with a bit of Trayvon Martin mixed in for filler and artificial sweetener.

Later CRACKAS!

:coffee:

grizophile said:
SaskGriz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
SaskGriz said:

Comparables:

Ironic comment.

Alpha actually cheered for Vernon Adams on that play.

...think where this thread would be...
...if it had it been named...
...de-grading the eagles...

... :cool: ...

Back