• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bison Fans Tailgates & Game Exit

NDSUSR said:
You may want to read this thread if you think hes a troll.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?26188-PL-is-a-waste-of-protoplasm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For your reading pleasure. Enjoy.

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55008&hilit=Panthera" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CDAGRIZ said:
NDSUSR said:
CDAGRIZ said:
This is like ThunderBizon fans on a sabiki rig.
Im not so sure, from his BV posts, he seems pretty unstable.
He has had an altercation in a bar with NDSU fans, so I rule out trolling.

Oh, I didn't realize he had an altercation with NDSU fans at a bar. He's probably telling the truth. I've actually had a similar experience. It was in Valley City about 10 years ago, believe it or not. It was during the 2004 season, and the Griz were finally starting to gel with Ochs at QB. I had to go to VC for a seminar at the college there, which, if I recall correctly, was aptly named. We went to some bar on the main drag afterward. I had a Griz hat on, and immediately started hearing it when I came in the door to the bar. Keep in mind, this was the season after DII NDSU beat the Griz at home. It was really lighthearted at first, but it turned kind of nasty after I said something to the effect of "at least The University of Montana football team has kids from Montana." Everybody who was engaged in the banter got quiet and went back to their respective small group conversations. Thinking it was over, I went over to the bar where a woman, about 50, came up to me and started in. She introduced herself as Sadie. I'll never forget her quote:

"Hey! You think you're so cool coming in here with all your fancy clothes, but I bet you don't know shit about fixin' motor-sickles." I think my "fancy clothes" that day were a hooded Nike sweatshirt and a pair of Levi's. I told her that I had no idea what a "motor-sickle" was, so she was correct about my lack of knowledge of their repair. She was really coming at me now. She said something about how her brother, Tom, knew everything there was to know about fixin' motor-sickles, and that fact somehow made me a lesser human. I just said that if I ever acquired a "motor-sickle" (which I could only guess was farming equipment), I would know where to go if it started acting up. I told her to have a nice evening, and turned away to bring some beers back to our table.

On my way, a HUGE guy in a NDSU t-shirt tried to knock the beers out of my hand and started yelling about me talking to "his woman." I told him it was a misunderstanding. He went for the beers again, and this time, he got them, soaking my shirt and jeans. His buddies flanked him. In the words of Ron White, I didn't know how many of them it would have taken to kick my ass, but I knew how many they were going to use. The big guy yelled, "Grizzlies Suck!" and the rest of the bar cheered. He threatened to "tea-bag" me, whatever that means. I wanted out of there ASAP, so I bailed. On my way to the door, people were saying, oh, c'mon, we were just messing with you, etc. It didn't end up materializing into anything physical, but it was a really strange way to treat a fan of another team. To this day, I'm not sure if they really would have thrown hands, or if they were just pulling my leg.

All I really want to know is, was she a fat?

PeauxRouge said:
CDAGRIZ said:
NDSUSR said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Oh, I didn't realize he had an altercation with NDSU fans at a bar. He's probably telling the truth. I've actually had a similar experience. It was in Valley City about 10 years ago, believe it or not. It was during the 2004 season, and the Griz were finally starting to gel with Ochs at QB. I had to go to VC for a seminar at the college there, which, if I recall correctly, was aptly named. We went to some bar on the main drag afterward. I had a Griz hat on, and immediately started hearing it when I came in the door to the bar. Keep in mind, this was the season after DII NDSU beat the Griz at home. It was really lighthearted at first, but it turned kind of nasty after I said something to the effect of "at least The University of Montana football team has kids from Montana." Everybody who was engaged in the banter got quiet and went back to their respective small group conversations. Thinking it was over, I went over to the bar where a woman, about 50, came up to me and started in. She introduced herself as Sadie. I'll never forget her quote:

"Hey! You think you're so cool coming in here with all your fancy clothes, but I bet you don't know shit about fixin' motor-sickles." I think my "fancy clothes" that day were a hooded Nike sweatshirt and a pair of Levi's. I told her that I had no idea what a "motor-sickle" was, so she was correct about my lack of knowledge of their repair. She was really coming at me now. She said something about how her brother, Tom, knew everything there was to know about fixin' motor-sickles, and that fact somehow made me a lesser human. I just said that if I ever acquired a "motor-sickle" (which I could only guess was farming equipment), I would know where to go if it started acting up. I told her to have a nice evening, and turned away to bring some beers back to our table.

On my way, a HUGE guy in a NDSU t-shirt tried to knock the beers out of my hand and started yelling about me talking to "his woman." I told him it was a misunderstanding. He went for the beers again, and this time, he got them, soaking my shirt and jeans. His buddies flanked him. In the words of Ron White, I didn't know how many of them it would have taken to kick my ass, but I knew how many they were going to use. The big guy yelled, "Grizzlies Suck!" and the rest of the bar cheered. He threatened to "tea-bag" me, whatever that means. I wanted out of there ASAP, so I bailed. On my way to the door, people were saying, oh, c'mon, we were just messing with you, etc. It didn't end up materializing into anything physical, but it was a really strange way to treat a fan of another team. To this day, I'm not sure if they really would have thrown hands, or if they were just pulling my leg.

Surprisingly, no. Very thin with a ton of miles on the body. I'm sure you've seen the type. Living on Winstons and Mtn Dew, was probably hot in high school, drives an IROC-Z, Wagner Power Painter to put on the makeup in the morning . . .

CDAGRIZ said:
PeauxRouge said:
CDAGRIZ said:
NDSUSR said:

Surprisingly, no. Very thin with a ton of miles on the body. I'm sure you've seen the type. Living on Winstons and Mtn Dew, was probably hot in high school, drives an IROC-Z, Wagner Power Painter to put on the makeup in the morning . . .

Whoa
That's an upgrade from a putty knife

But since she works on motor-sickles, the Wagner probably serves a dual purpose

Bison73 said:
Griz1952 said:
Am not going to take any credit, but hope both the naive, innocent, and punks that follow this so called program that reeks with what the NCAA terms "Lack of institutional control" took the admonishment 3-7-77 seriously.

To paraphrase Mick Delaney - we want to see them again.

I will there if Griz are there, but will only meet you punks sober and in a neutral location.

Could you possibly be anymore delusional? The ONLY person showing hate is YOU. How do you reconcile the hate and the lies you have told with being a supposedly church going man? Seems you have some inner conflicts(demons) that need to be addressed.

I understand you had to leave Fargo for the weekend. How was the trip?

No shit...Griz 1952 are you brain dead? Every person I met was very kind...and if there was any trash talk it was of the light hearted nature...just like our fan base....you're a moron man...you're making our fanbase look bad!

I was there- I live in Billings but graduated from NDSU and went to the game with Bilings Griz fans. I have never seen so much food and booze being offered at every step. Everyone was glad to see you. The only problem was not being able to tailgate for a couple of days. I have never been to a game at Wa-Griz but I have it on good authority that the hospitality is similar.
I don't know if the Griz have deep fried ham hocks though. Probably not as many custom buses at Missoula either. Holy smokes there was a LOT of money tied up in custom rigs! All around fabulous time with a fun bunch of football fans.

A two day tailgate would cause significant liver failure among fans of both sided. Shit....I think I am still hung over today. The flight from Fargo to Salt Lake yesterday seemed longer than a trip to Europe!

timp said:
I was there- I live in Billings but graduated from NDSU and went to the game with Bilings Griz fans. I have never seen so much food and booze being offered at every step. Everyone was glad to see you. The only problem was not being able to tailgate for a couple of days. I have never been to a game at Wa-Griz but I have it on good authority that the hospitality is similar.
I don't know if the Griz have deep fried ham hocks though. Probably not as many custom buses at Missoula either. Holy smokes there was a LOT of money tied up in custom rigs! All around fabulous time with a fun bunch of football fans.

Its amazing what a fan base pulling in royalty checks on a monthly basis can come up with..haha that being said..yes the tailgating was very fun in Fargo...I would say its very similar to the tailgating at WA-Griz...and the only one besides the Griz that are at that level....MSU doesn't even come close.....that being said...holy hell will you please allow the fans to go back out and drink at halftime...that was horrible...being locked in the dome...halftimes are a buzz life saver in Missoula...step your game up NDSU..haha

...sure they were awesome...
...but still want to bitch slap...
...the dude that said we were soft...

... :cool: ...

zengriz said:
...sure they were awesome...
...but still want to bitch slap...
...the dude that said we were soft...

... :cool: ...

pretty non-zen zen griz post:)!

Griz1952 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
NDSUSR said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Thanks CDA for the post, this happens more than we realize. Like you am glad it did not to hands flying.

Good news is my now almost 83 year old friend called and wanted to meet at a downtown establishment where we do CAT/GRIZ annual event. told him I could not make it but would call back Sunday when I was back in town.

Checked in with him tonight and he was only Griz fan there, but a gentlemen who played at the local institution like 20 years ago or so paid for his meal; he had great time despite game outcome.

That is what matters.

CDA - THANKS FOR THE BACKUP MAN - ^5

3-7-77

Everyone here realized he was pulling your leg but you. :lol:

Just returned from a great weekend. We were decked out in Griz Gear and treated like royalty with the exception of being booed by the entire student section who were waiting in line for their seats. We actually thought that was great. Lots of "thank you for coming". Best tailgate scene in the FCS without a doubt. Can't wait to host them next year.

Glad you all had a great time and enjoyed yourselves. I'm hoping to make it out there next year if I can score some tickets! Should be a great time!

Any tips on getting tickets for the game out there next year? My wife is a Griz fan and we're living in Fargo now, but she has wanted to take me to a Griz game for a while now. I figure this would be the perfect game to go to.

bisonboone11 said:
Any tips on getting tickets for the game out there next year? My wife is a Griz fan and we're living in Fargo now, but she has wanted to take me to a Griz game for a while now. I figure this would be the perfect game to go to.

The U.M will make available more tickets then NDSU did. Tickets from your end should . not be a problem.

Back