• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cal Poly SLO Mustangs Scouting Report

All the people I have talked to this week say the Griz will lose this one. On the raod with no offense is no way to get a win. This game will be lost on our poor specal teams play.

Just curious Big G, and this isn't intended as smack cause I actually picked the Griz to lose this game at the beginning of the season. But, I gotta know, do you ever have any thoughts of your own on the Griz? I mean really, we get it. Hillsland and Hardy think the Griz suck. Do they tell you to then come post that stuff? You never seem to post any of your own thoughts.

Big G said:
All the people I have talked to this week say the Griz will lose this one. On the raod with no offense is no way to get a win. This game will be lost on our poor specal teams play.

I don't buy it.

There's no way people talk to you.

havgrizfan said:
Just curious Big G, and this isn't intended as smack cause I actually picked the Griz to lose this game at the beginning of the season. But, I gotta know, do you ever have any thoughts of your own on the Griz? I mean really, we get it. Hillsland and Hardy think the Griz suck. Do they tell you to then come post that stuff? You never seem to post any of your own thoughts.
Why do you keep making things personal and throwing former players names under the bus? You are wrong about one of them anyway. Yes I have my own thoughts but lets face it, you trash former players for having them you would do the same to me. I won't sya they tell me to post but they sure laugh at the responses when we talk about you on the weekends while watching the game.

Big G said:
havgrizfan said:
Why do you keep making things personal and throwing former players names under the bus? You are wrong about one of them anyway. Yes I have my own thoughts but lets face it, you trash former players for having them you would do the same to me. I won't sya they tell me to post but they sure laugh at the responses when we talk about you on the weekends while watching the game.

Chickenshit Liar,

Please show me the post where Hav "trashed" a former player.

Hell with sitting on the sideline and not getting into the fray.

Big G I can't understand your thoughts. You say we can't win because our offense is bad. Then you go on to state we lose because of our special teams. I must be very dumb but the way you put it we must lose twice. Granted our offense has looked sluggish at times and our special teams were off the first three games but...... We may lose but your double down analogy is far out, yes very far out.

Facts about this game were made by many previous posters and most have made solid and valid points. I worry about this game as Poly is very tough to beat. I hope Delaney gave a day or two during the lay-off period to practice against this triple option offense as it is very hard to defend. Three days practice to defend it is not enough! If they hold on to the ball most of the game we are screwed. Pure and simple and that is just what they plan on doing.

Good to excellent play by our entire team will allow us to win.....that or some damn good luck.

Brint...thanks for joining Owen on Fansmanship on that podcast. We don't get that kind of opposing team perspective too often and definitely haven't gotten it from Griz fans.

Here is the link if the rest of you want to give it a listen

http://www.fansmanship.com/podcast-episode-110-brint-wahlberg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cpalum said:
Brint...thanks for joining Owen on Fansmanship on that podcast. We don't get that kind of opposing team perspective too often and definitely haven't gotten it from Griz fans.

Here is the link if the rest of you want to give it a listen

http://www.fansmanship.com/podcast-episode-110-brint-wahlberg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brint, you sound exactly like Trent Dilfer on this podcast.

wbtfg said:
I predict um wins 28-14. UM gets a touchdown from the defense

Optimus wants to bet you $200.00 that the Griz don't win by 10 or more. Two MSU Aggie fans come to eGriz to comment on their hated rival. Titlest will be the collateral escrow agent. :clap:

Proud Griz Man said:
wbtfg said:

Optimus wants to bet you $200.00 that the Griz don't win by 10 or more. Two MSU Aggie fans come to eGriz to comment on their hated rival. Titlest will be the collateral escrow agent. :clap:
I was just making fun of the infamous bet from last week involving the leader of eGriz. (It obviously did not go well.)

OptimusPrime said:
Proud Griz Man said:
wbtfg said:

I was just making fun of the infamous bet from last week involving the leader of eGriz. (It obviously did not go well.)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

NOW I get it. :oops: :oops:

My apologies. :x :x

After reviewing Brint's very thorough and well researched report and reading all of the comments, my opinion is that this contest may well come down to the opening kickoff! If the Griz receive and score quickly and efficiently where every play they run is productive it could alter the Poly mindset on how they are going to stop the Grizzlies. On the other hand if CPO receives and has a long time eating drive for a score the Grizzlies may be in for a long evening.

Either way I would think long and hard about deferring if you win the toss.

I think we should kick off to start both halves.

staying-on-track-at-restaurants.jpg

The Griz have not ran any pistol formation this season that I recall, The pistol is with the Qb about 3 yards back and the rb a couple yards behind him, unless I am crazy and just have not noticed it. They need to run some option plays where JJ keeps the ball so that the defense has to honor it with at least one guy, which could help spring a couple big runs.

dupuyer griz said:
The triple option is a bully offense and the only thing a bully understands is violence. The quarterback needs to get up after every play. Not dirty, not late, just on the ground every time he touches the ball. Limit an option and all the sudden it's option football and not triple option.

I agree. If you rock the QB's world a couple times early those pitches will come a bit earlier than they are supposed to and maybe not as accurate. I remember Breske saying that once. He would know.

Hammer said:
dupuyer griz said:
The triple option is a bully offense and the only thing a bully understands is violence. The quarterback needs to get up after every play. Not dirty, not late, just on the ground every time he touches the ball. Limit an option and all the sudden it's option football and not triple option.

I agree. If you rock the QB's world a couple times early those pitches will come a bit earlier than they are supposed to and maybe not as accurate. I remember Breske saying that once. He would know.

Speaking of rocking your world, are you heading up to Player Rep's cabana for one last weekend before Winter sets in :mrgreen:

Teton Cat said:
Hammer said:
dupuyer griz said:

Speaking of rocking your world, are you heading up to Player Rep's cabana for one last weekend before Winter sets in :mrgreen:

Jesus do I need to call TCCGriz to run you off once again???

Tonga Takai did not play last year against CPSLO and he will really help stop the full back from running right up the middle. If you can't stop that, you are doomed against the tripple option. Hopefully Shaw can come back this week because this could be a defensive field position type of a game like we saw last year. Shaw turned the field position a ton against NDSU. Lider just isn't the same type of weapon that Shaw is. The offense is going to have to figure some things out in this game if the Grizzlies want to win the game (totally agree with previous posts). Nick Dzubnar is as good a defensive player as you will find in the Big Sky and he remembers what happened last season. That dude is scary good. CPSLO has a great coach and this is going to be one hell of a game like it always is when they play this team can't wait to watch it Go Griz!

Back