• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

THANK YOU GRIZ NATION - from Ellis Henderson

I don't know Ellis but many of my students do. They speak very highly of him. I don't know of a more positive young man by secondary reputation. He really has been a role model. It is a reminder of how fragile we all really are, when a strong young athlete can be brought low by some illness, fate really. If it is Chrohn's, as some have suggested, it is incredibly debilitating, but one of my own athletes had it, battled it for a couple of years, and has reached what appears to be a good resolution, so a positive outcome is likely.

I cannot offer a useful technical comment on whether or not UM continues to be an "elite" program as per the recent discussion, but Coach Delaney's note to Denarius McGhee last Fall, and Ellis Henderson's comment to UM fans this week, confirms to me that this is, at the very least, a "classy" program, one of the best by that measure. Best wishes to Ellis. We hope to see him back with us.

So sorry to hear about the physical problems that have cut short your career at UM! Hope you make a full recovery and it comes quickly for you. Blessings to you in your new adventure of recovery and if you come back, may you excel as always on and off the field! :clap:

Ellis-
The slack-jaw atmosphere that you've blessed Griz Nation with on the field is simply amazing. I Thank You so much for giving the Zoo a chance with your blessed talent.

Most importantly, many of us have discussed for the past 6-8 months (at least learning what was happening with you). Unfortunately, we get to see little of a player "off the field". Their talent, the individual, etc.

Having said that, the well wishes have always been about "the individual", not "the football player". Simply, as human beings, I can tell you many of us are concerned about Ellis "the person". Football is far out of the equation to us.

You get well Ellis! You and your family have our true support. Such an inspiration on the field. I'm sure it's even more surpassed off the field where your family and friends are so fortunate to know you more then our message board.

Dang...just...dang.....your family has to be so proud of you! Not only a micrcosm of Griz Nation but life in general! We root for the kid in street clothes in the end!
Best Wishes Ellis to you and your family. Please get well.
I sincerely hope you can give us some updates as we are genuinely concerned.
God Bless,
Dmont.

Catsrback76 said:
So sorry to hear about the physical problems that have cut short your career at UM! Hope you make a full recovery and it comes quickly for you. Blessings to you in your new adventure of recovery and if you come back, may you excel as always on and off the field! :clap:

Now that's CLASS! As much as I like to laugh at a CRB76 post generally, gotta tip your cap to Doc. Thanks man!!

Get well Ellis and God Bless! Take the same fight you carry onto the field with you in your fight against this illness - if you do you are sure to win this battle! Thanks for the great memories and God willing, hope to see you on the field again soon! Know that we are all pulling for you.

Ellis,

Very classy of you to post and express your admiration for the Griz and its fan base. It was a honor to watch you while we could. You have a lot of character and strength to have put yourself on the field while not well this year!

My family and I want to wish you all the best and to a speedy recovery.

Hope to see you catching passes again next year for the Griz!

God bless and get well soon Ellis!

Once a Griz always a Griz!

Get Well soon Ellis - Life has its curve balls but it is how you handle them that matters. First and foremost get that degree & everything else will fall into place! Been a pleasure watching you play & hope to see #7 back on the field real soon! Best of Luck!

Wow Ellis, You made all of us proud in every way possible!

You are a fantastic young man and you will do very well in your life.

You get healed up and keep rolling!

You have to do what's best for you, Ellis.. Griz Nation is behind you 100%! Come back stronger than ever. Can't wait to see you wearing Silver and Maroon again! Go Griz!!

God bless you Ellis.

Keep the faith, stay strong, ONWARD!

We look forward to having you back once you regain your health.

Thanks for all you've done for the Griz.

Get well Ellis. I know Griz Nation appreciates your words and is looking forward to you returning healthy and to your dominate self.

Nice post by Ellis, and nice of him to share his thoughts with egriz and Griz Nation. Had heard he planned to do this. Glad to see he loves UM and the Griz and wants to return. While he has not yet achieved what the great Griz receivers achieved, he's the most talented receiver I've ever seen at UM. Terrific hands, extremely fast, gets open, big YAC, and ability to make huge plays frequently. Jones is doing a pretty good Henderson impression this year too. Ellis, Jones, Chase N and Walcott would be the fastest UM receiver corp ever, with the potential to be the best. Hope they all get back in a big way next year. Too bad JJ will be gone. We're all rooting and praying for you, Ellis.

I think Ellis has done the impossible at EGRIZ. Finally a thread everyone agrees and gets along, even Cat fans. EH indeed has a bright future.

ellis I do not know you personally, but I want this email to serve as a confirmation....God is using you on and off the field in a major way....may God continue to bless you ellis ... I will continue to pray for you....

Latest posts

Back