• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Does Joe know....(that Rhymes too)

GeauxGriz

"I love to see walk-on kids earn scholarships and starting jobs," Coach Hauck said. "But by the same token you shouldn't have six of them. It's a little bit of an indictment of recruiting. On defense, you should be able to recruit guys that can come in and get it done."

That came from todays Missoulian.......Does Joe know that his staff sucked as at recruiting? Or does BH think he will just do that much better? :D [/quote]

Probably a little of both... JG looked south and BH will probably look more to the State than JG did. He will also use his connections in WA for kids also. I believe that he has a higher quality of talent base to draw from than JG did.

I like what the article says about the way the coaches and players feel about just how good this Defense could be.

"SCARY GOOD!" says Tim Bush

Actually, the kids who are seniors this year are the first kids recruited by Joe. And any kids who have redshirted and are seniors were recruited or walked on under Dennehy.

ronbo said:
I like what the article says about the way the coaches and players feel about just how good this Defense could be.

Looks like Tim Bush was the "Scary Good" culprit back in '03.....with the assist from rondo.

wbtfg said:
ronbo said:

Looks like Tim Bush was the "Scary Good" culprit back in '03.....with the assist from rondo.
Bush ended up being one heck of a player and died way too early.

That was the defense that should have won a NC in 2004 right. BSC titles were there birthright, having got them every year? Scary good was a an apt description. Legendary would have been better. What a run that was.

Back