• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz vs Bison Prediction

TrueGriz

A little early but time flies quickly. I am making my prediction for the next home game against NDSU. And the Stadium is now 100% available for rockin' and watching great football. Will the fans be 100% ready? You bet your sweet hieney on that.

Naturally, I have to predict the Griz to win this game against a team that is in the stages of moving up to 1AA. Bison just do not stand a chance. Best they will be able to attempt to accomplish is respectability and that will be tough against Griz defense.

For one thing, the Last half of the Maine game showed how dominating our defense is. With all the depth on the defense, I will say, NDSU will have a real tough time scoring a point. I do think they may be able to score late in the game when the game is already out control, at most a touchdown. But that will be difficult because of the depth, the Griz defense will just wear out the NDSU offense. Best chance for NDSU to score is to try real quick passes before the defensive line can reach the QB. Naturally the passes will have to be short which really doesn't get into the Griz's weaknesses in the secondary. Have to pass long for that, but I do not see NDSU QB having the time to do it. NDSU can just forget about the run.

As for Griz offense, first game jitters are out now, the offensive line will be going against a defense that will be so totally exausted by end of game and a lot of points will be scored. Disney and the receivers I expect to still show problems due to timing issues. But the running game will have a much easier time of it. Not sure if Waller will ever resolve his problem with hesitating before taking off. Hope so, but he will still get some good runs against NDSU defense.

Overall: Griz win by a big margin.

Score: Griz 49 NDSU 7

....Best chance for NDSU to score is to try real quick passes before the defensive line can reach the QB. Naturally the passes will have to be short which really doesn't get into the Griz's weaknesses in the secondary. Have to pass long for that, but I do not see NDSU QB having the time to do it.

This is what I like to hear. Tony Stauss is very good at leading the Bison down field with the passing game, short or long passes. Could be the best passing QB we have ever had.

.....But the running game will have a much easier time of it. Not sure if Waller will ever resolve his problem with hesitating before taking off. Hope so, but he will still get some good runs against NDSU defense.

Tusculum (-4) rushing yards vs NDSU. The Griz will be a much better running team than the NDSU's first opponent.

A second strong defensive showing by the Bison, combined with Griz mistakes makes for a Bison victory.

NDSU 14 Montana 10

I'll use the same one as on the Bisonville board:

Bison- 21 Griz-20
Bison win with a punt return in the latter part of the fourth. Griz drive down the field for the win, but shank the field goal, possibly a Bison put a hand on it.

(Note- this is a guess, and only a guess. If another thread starts up, my prediction is subject to change. Any similarities between my score and any real score is strictly coincidental.)

I don't feel like typing much. I'll just give my score.

Montana 42
North Dakota State 6

My heart wants to say we will win by more, my brain stops me and says our offense is still at the bottom of a very steep learning curve on this new offense.

Defense comes up big, holding the Bison to just 3 through most of the game, 34-3 with 2 min. to go. But the reserves give up another late meaningless TD.

All in all a good learning game for the offense and a confidence builder.

Griz 34
Bison 10

If Griz had played Tusculum last week (whoever they are) they would have had a more dominating game. I think NDSU is a program on the way up, and should be considered for the Big Sky Conference, but Griz 35 NDSU 13.

I predict the offense will be on fire! We will run all over the NDSU, and Disney will be able to get into a rythm and will pass for 300+ yards, and we'll rush for 100+. At the same time we will shut the Bison out.

GRIZ 60+
Bison 20

This is going to be a blowout!!! I think we will see a lot of good plays. I don't even see this game being close!!! Good practice game. The Griz won't be thinking practice of course, the will be all out! I can't wait to see all the big plays. Man, four days and wake up and its on!

GO GRIZ!!!!!

Superior special teams play combined with a D that came together very nicely last week spells a great win for the Griz.

I'm going to go out on a limb(however I dont consider it a precarious limb) and call for the D to throw a shutout.

Griz - 38
Bison - 0

JBB said Tusculum passed for 300 yards in a losing effort. It's high time for the Griz to light it up and pass for piles of yards. Screw the running game. Let's air it out relentlessly and send the 23,000 home happy.

Since last year's Griz/Bobcat game, I've quit prediction scores for the Griz, because in that game I had us winning by 2 TDs.

As far as the Griz/Bison matchup, I'll say the Griz get another W.

Not that it makes any difference, but I was over at Washington/Grizzly late last week, and I overheard some eletrician types talking about increasing the wattage for the scoreboard for this particular game...not sure what it meant. :lol:

On a different thread I learned from a NDSU fan thet they have idiots 70 miles north of them, much like our idoits to the South East of us. Makes me wonder, just like Hor-net, maybe someone with a little extra "wool" in their hands is posting their predictions for a school they don't even care about!

Just a thought!

Go Griz!

Jimus
Montana Grizzly
JBB said Tusculum passed for 300 yards in a losing effort. It's high time for the Griz to light it up and pass for piles of yards. Screw the running game. Let's air it out relentlessly and send the 23,000 home happy.

300 yards on 54 pass attempts for a total of 7 points. The TD pass went over the fingertips of the third string Freshman Strong Safety.

OK here goes. The Griz come out smoking on both offense and defense in front of 22,989 and build a 28-0 lead with 3 TD scores by Disney and a fumble recovery TD by Meyers. The 2nd half is much the same as LV OR JH take a punt return to the house. NDSU will get a garbage TD somewhere along the line and also a FG. Griz will play great football all around in front of their football starved faithful and really put a hurting on overmatched NDSU.

Final Score Griz 52 NDSU 10

Buck the 0-1 fobkittys!!

This one is simple. NDSU will be a great addition to IAA, but they have no idea what they are getting into. We will still struggle some on offense (save up for Idaho), but will fall into six TD's and one 48 yd FG. Our defense will rip them to shreds. Their only chance is a pass over the middle and missed tackle by DeCoite. Griz 45 Bison 7 against the third team. This crowd will be soooooo ready, including me in 233A. I hope for better, but fear the worst NDSU.

Hammer said:
The Griz come out smoking on both offense and defense in front of 22,989 and build a 28-0 lead with 3 TD scores by Disney and a fumble recovery TD by Meyers.

Hammer,

I pretty much agree with everything in your articulate post except the attendance...I think it will be more like 23,117 plus.

Grizomatic406 said:
Hammer said:
The Griz come out smoking on both offense and defense in front of 22,989 and build a 28-0 lead with 3 TD scores by Disney and a fumble recovery TD by Meyers.

Hammer,

I pretty much agree with everything in your articulate post except the attendance...I think it will be more like 23,117 plus.

Grizomatic.......

I'll wager 23,450, we'll sell over 300 standing room only. People are clammering to see the new and improved stadium in action!

The offense will not be quite clicking yet, but the defense & special teams will be awesome.

GRIZ 45 Bison 10

Back