GRIZ BOBCAT GAME

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS

GRIZ BOBCAT GAME

Postby conradgriz » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:51 pm

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN CATCH THE GAME IN SAN DIEGO? I HAVE A MEETING THERE AND DONT WANT TO MISS ANY ACTION. THANKS.
conradgriz
eGrizzer in Training

Re: GRIZ BOBCAT GAME

Postby BigBruceBaker » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:58 pm

I dont know about that game but you can usually get a sports bar to play the CAT/ griz game
Lets go Cats!, FTG

BigBruceBaker
Full time eGrizzer

I am a fan of: MSU BOBCATS

Postby GrizAddicted » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:00 pm

Here is the Alumni Gathering in San Diego for Griz/Cat

SAN DIEGO
McGregor’s Grille
10475 San Diego Mission Rd
619-282-9797
Kelly Kelleher '96
619-861-3704
kelly.kelleher@brickfish.com
Any where, any time, any place--The Griz!
GrizAddicted
eGrizzer in Training

Postby zengriz » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:19 pm

...kelly kelleher...
...one of our greatest exports...
...ya think that girl is alittle irish ???

... :beer2:...
zengriz
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby Griz.in.nzone » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:50 pm

GrizAddicted wrote:Here is the Alumni Gathering in San Diego for Griz/Cat

SAN DIEGO
McGregor’s Grille
619-282-9797
Kelly Kelleher '96
619-861-3704

My wife and I went to San Diego last during the Griz/Cat game and actually went here to watch it. We had a great time. There was about a 100 or so people from Montana (1/2 Griz, 1/2 Cat). I even ran into a girl from my high school who I hadn't seen since then. I would recommend this bar. We had such a great time that we have been thinking about doing this every year the game is in Bozo and going to a different city. Maybe Phoenix next year.
Their atmosphere is a lot better than The Rock. Their crowd makes Michigan's 109,000 sound like mice. I promise you that there isn't another stadium in our division like Montana's stadium and fans. It was the loudest place I have ever been to in my life. Our 30K+ isn't even close to the 22,000 I heard today. The experience was awesome today.
Griz.in.nzone
eGrizzer in Training

I am a fan of: Griz

Postby Bay Area Cat » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:35 pm

Griz.in.nzone wrote:We had such a great time that we have been thinking about doing this every year the game is in Bozo and going to a different city. Maybe Phoenix next year.

That is a really cool idea.
Bay Area Cat
eGriz Lifer

Postby pyroguy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:59 pm

well if you have never been there go to Torrey Pines in Vegas, it is a great place to watch the griz, but get there early if you want a place to sit. on Griz/cat day need to be there around 3 hours ahead of time.
pyroguy
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby EastCoastGriz » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:16 pm

Griz.in.nzone wrote:

SAN DIEGO
McGregor’s Grille
619-282-9797
Kelly Kelleher '96
619-861-3704

My wife and I went to San Diego last during the Griz/Cat game and actually went here to watch it. We had a great time. There was about a 100 or so people from Montana (1/2 Griz, 1/2 Cat). I even ran into a girl from my high school who I hadn't seen since then. I would recommend this bar. We had such a great time that we have been thinking about doing this every year the game is in Bozo and going to a different city. Maybe Phoenix next year.

Highly recommend the Ship of Fools in New York City.
The GRIZ, a quarter century of total dominance over the cats.
EastCoastGriz
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

I am a fan of: The Griz

Postby kemajic » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:53 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:
Griz.in.nzone wrote:We had such a great time that we have been thinking about doing this every year the game is in Bozo and going to a different city. Maybe Phoenix next year.

That is a really cool idea.

We watched the infamous '97 Griz Cat game at a sports bar in Tempe. The premature celebration by the Cat fans (one of them my best buddy vacationing with us) was unforgetable.
"Turn me loose; set me free somewhere in the middle of Montana" - Merle Haggard
kemajic
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby GRZFTBL » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:55 am

Griz.in.nzone wrote:

SAN DIEGO
McGregor’s Grille
619-282-9797
Kelly Kelleher '96
619-861-3704

Did you make it past half-time? :lol:
MSUcks
GRZFTBL
eGriz Lifer

I am a fan of: The Griz, duh!!!

Postby oGriz » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:26 am

kemajic
We watched the infamous '97 Griz Cat game at a sports bar in Tempe. The premature celebration by the Cat fans (one of them my best buddy vacationing with us) was unforgetable.

That one was at Doc and Eddy's. I was there too and remember the extraordinary joy of those Cat fans, thinking that The Streak was finally ending, only to have their hopes and dreams crushed moments later.
After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it ....up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep .... your mouth shut. -- Will Rogers
oGriz
eGriz Moderator
eGriz Moderator

Postby grizfan9420 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:19 am

While I'm sure the "premature celebration" by MSU fans were enjoyable in these respective establishments, picture yourselves sitting in and amongst the MSU faithful in the West stands in Bozo. There were a few of us and you can't imagine the abuse we were getting when MSU scored. When the GRIZ came back to win the game, I seriously thought we were going to get killed or seriously injured because they were SO pissed off. We sat in the stands long enough for them to leave - it was a dangerous place to be. Cause you know as a Griz fan, we would NEVER rub it in or pitch a little scat back at them kitties.

There was one young MSU fan holding a "Kill the Griz" sign about 10 rows up and he just stared at us forever. We weren't sure if he was serious or not???

We've had many, many, many, many great wins over MSU, but that one has to be in the top two or three, don't ya think??? I can still feel the cold, and not from the weather.
grizfan9420
eGrizzer in Training

Postby poorgriz » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:40 am

That was extremely painful. I think I literally cried a bit.
Bobby Hauck is God. He's not a God... he's the God.
poorgriz
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby DuCharme » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:48 am

ah, yes.... '97... after the Cats had taken a one point lead and left only 20 or so seconds on the clock

AhYat's bomb to Olsen... two plays later(if I recall correctly), Heppner nails a 35+ yarder...

good times...

"If playing in the "prestigious" FBS means your team gets perennially shit on by the BCS, then count me the f*ck out." ~Sundown
DuCharme
My PC is stuck on eGriz

I am a fan of: The Mecca

Postby kemajic » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:55 am

grizfan9420 wrote:While I'm sure the "premature celebration" by MSU fans were enjoyable in these respective establishments, picture yourselves sitting in and amongst the MSU faithful in the West stands in Bozo. There were a few of us and you can't imagine the abuse we were getting when MSU scored. When the GRIZ came back to win the game, I seriously thought we were going to get killed or seriously injured because they were SO pissed off. We sat in the stands long enough for them to leave - it was a dangerous place to be. Cause you know as a Griz fan, we would NEVER rub it in or pitch a little scat back at them kitties.

There was one young MSU fan holding a "Kill the Griz" sign about 10 rows up and he just stared at us forever. We weren't sure if he was serious or not???

We've had many, many, many, many great wins over MSU, but that one has to be in the top two or three, don't ya think??? I can still feel the cold, and not from the weather.

#1; none better. When the Cats kicked off OOB and we were at the 35 with no time removed from the clock; I knew we were in business and Ah Yat went to work. The kickoff mistake was huge.
"Turn me loose; set me free somewhere in the middle of Montana" - Merle Haggard
kemajic
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby grizfan9420 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:57 am

PoorGriz, So that was you holding the sign.....

No, it was just fun recalling the events of the day. Nothing more, nothing less.

How pitiful it must be to be a pussy fan, and have nothing better to do than read and respond on Griz blogs. I guess you have to get your jollies where you can, cause you certainly don't get many wins against the GRIZ FB, BB or Women's BB teams. But heck, you gotta love those little buckaroos at MSU who excel in animal husbandry.
grizfan9420
eGrizzer in Training

Postby zengriz » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:58 am

poorgriz wrote:That was extremely painful. I think I literally cried a bit.

... :D.. :lol: .. :P .. :) .. :dance: .. :butt:.. :finger: .. :beer2:...
zengriz
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby coyote » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:05 am

If anyone has a copy or link to it online it sure would be fun to see again.
coyote
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby Proud Griz Man » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:32 am

http://www.umontanaalumni.org/index.asp ... 07B58FBE09

SAN DIEGO
McGregor’s Grille
619-282-9797
Proud Griz Man
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby poorgriz » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:46 pm

grizfan9420 wrote:PoorGriz, So that was you holding the sign.....

No, it was just fun recalling the events of the day. Nothing more, nothing less.

How pitiful it must be to be a pussy fan, and have nothing better to do than read and respond on Griz blogs. I guess you have to get your jollies where you can, cause you certainly don't get many wins against the GRIZ FB, BB or Women's BB teams. But heck, you gotta love those little buckaroos at MSU who excel in animal husbandry.

Jeez... who pissed in your corn flakes?

I was trying to be nice, but I can play your game too. How pitiful it must be to be a gwizzwie fan... reliving the good old days when you used to be good. Now you just have to sit back and re-live the glory days while watching your team get piss-pounded by teams like Weber and EWU... whom you used to beat with ease. Have fun looking at that big 0-2 staring at you in Sunday's paper... we'll enjoy looking at 2 - 0! :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Bobby Hauck is God. He's not a God... he's the God.
poorgriz
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby DuCharme » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:57 am

breathe deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep... countdown from 10....

it's gonna be oooooooooo-k

"If playing in the "prestigious" FBS means your team gets perennially shit on by the BCS, then count me the f*ck out." ~Sundown
DuCharme
My PC is stuck on eGriz

I am a fan of: The Mecca

Postby SpokaneGriz » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:55 am

poorgriz wrote:

I was trying to be nice, but I can play your game too. How pitiful it must be to be a gwizzwie fan... reliving the good old days when you used to be good. Now you just have to sit back and re-live the glory days while watching your team get piss-pounded by teams like Weber and EWU... whom you used to beat with ease. Have fun looking at that big 0-2 staring at you in Sunday's paper... we'll enjoy looking at 2 - 0! :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hey Poor how ya feelin today :lol:
Once a griz always a griz, Once a cat, always a pussy!!
SpokaneGriz
eGrizzer

Postby General Disarray » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:04 am

poorgriz wrote:

You've got a point. It seems like only yesterday we were winning our 25th consecutive regular season game, but in reality, it was like . . . 2 weeks ago. It's hard to remember those days anymore.
General Disarray
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby marty feldman » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:02 am

poorgriz wrote:

Like so often in the past, the hopes and the dreams of the kitties crushed like a bone in a Grizzly's mouth!

"When will they ever learn, when will they EVER learn"...
marty feldman
eGrizzer in Training

Return to Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS