• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

TV Schedule

druhag

don't think this has already been posted

http://www.montanagrizzlies.com/pages/news_item.aspx?n=8131&m=18

2009 Griz football TV schedule:

10/5 - Western State at Montana, CW Montana
10/12 - Montana at UC Davis, CW Montana & Comcast Sportsnet California
10/19 - Portland State at Montana, Montana’s News Station
10/26 - Montana at Northern Arizona, Montana’s News Station
10/10 - Cal Poly at Montana, CW Montana
10/17 - E. Washington at Montana, Montana’s News Station
10/24 - Montana at Sacramento State, Montana’s News Station
10/31 - Weber State at Montana, Montana’s News Station
11/7 - Montana at Idaho State, Montana’s News Station
11/14 - N. Colorado at Montana, CW Montana
11/21 - Montana at Montana State, Montana’s News Station

I know Griz fans rip into the athletic department for the way they think fans should be served. And I know that outside the local news stations carrying Griz games, it takes some work and equipment to get Griz games.
But the fact that every Griz game is delivered live on network TV to most of the state's population each and every weekend in the fall is remarkable. The Huskies don't have that, nor do the Cougs, Beavs, Ducks, Vandals, Utes, BYU, Wyo or any of our conference lodge brothers.

griz4life said:
I know Griz fans rip into the athletic department for the way they think fans should be served. And I know that outside the local news stations carrying Griz games, it takes some work and equipment to get Griz games.
But the fact that every Griz game is delivered live on network TV to most of the state's population each and every weekend in the fall is remarkable. The Huskies don't have that, nor do the Cougs, Beavs, Ducks, Vandals, Utes, BYU, Wyo or any of our conference lodge brothers.

I agree completely. And I salute the athletic department and KPAX for always making this happen.

I will admit I'm a little concerned that the jumping back and forth from the two stations is going to be difficult for those of us who rely on the FTA satellite coordinates.

Unrelated to the TV schedule, but I just noticed that the team does not have any back-to-back road games. I would think that would be nice for them.

I love the fact that all the games are televised one way or other. But for many of us not in major towns the Montana CW does us absolutely no good. You cannot pick it up on Dish network. I understand the whole commitment to the national networks stuff that they throw out at us, but the Cats are broadcast on NBC and not some sister station. I know that the Sports guy from Billings is the TV guy for the Cats, but come on why should I have to watch the Cats on regular network from the comfort of my own home, instead of having to go out in search of place to watch it on the CW.

griz4life said:

I think BYU and Utah have every game on channels in the basic cable TV package in their states. I understand that is not over the air network but close and easy for a fan to get. Wyo has all but three games covered by local cable, basic package, in the state. Two of those are on the road, Florida Atlantic and CU, and covered by the home teams TV contract so Wyo has no control on that and can't televise those games unless the host does. (FBS TV contracts get complicated) The game against Weber is not being televised as the networks rarely cover FCS games for any of the MWC teams it seems. The good thing about the mountain west package is that the games are available anywhere in the US on Direct TV and I think 3-4 wyo games will be in HD this year. Oregon State has some deal with FSN as well and they might have them all on.

I also think a large chunk of montana does not get the CW channel. I would like to see numbers on that one

I know the CW channels aren't available everywhere; I'm not trying to defend their use. I just wanted to note that CW IS available on Dish Network in Missoula -- don't know about other places.

'68griz said:
I know the CW channels aren't available everywhere; I'm not trying to defend their use. I just wanted to note that CW IS available on Dish Network in Missoula -- don't know about other places.

It's not available on Dish Network here in Billings. That's the reason I went out and bought a digital converter.

billings_poke said:
griz4life said:

I think BYU and Utah have every game on channels in the basic cable TV package in their states. I understand that is not over the air network but close and easy for a fan to get. Wyo has all but three games covered by local cable, basic package, in the state. Two of those are on the road, Florida Atlantic and CU, and covered by the home teams TV contract so Wyo has no control on that and can't televise those games unless the host does. (FBS TV contracts get complicated) The game against Weber is not being televised as the networks rarely cover FCS games for any of the MWC teams it seems. The good thing about the mountain west package is that the games are available anywhere in the US on Direct TV and I think 3-4 wyo games will be in HD this year. Oregon State has some deal with FSN as well and they might have them all on.

I also think a large chunk of montana does not get the CW channel. I would like to see numbers on that one

I trimmed my DSS bill, this spring because it was over $100 a month. But last year, when I had every sports channel offered, I had to wait until late night Saturday or afternoon Sunday to catch the FSN broadcasts of non-showcase the PAC 10 games. There was always at least one broadcast live, sometimes two, but the rest of the FSN games were delayed.
I couldn't get any of the games on bunny ears, unless they happned to be on ABC. Mountain West games were easier, but still not on the local networks. Boise had some kind of deal worked out with one of its local TV stations, which also included stations owned by the same company in Oregon, Washington and north Idaho and Utah. We watched a Bronco's game in Endicott, Washington on bunny ears, not far from Pullman, but couldn't watch the Cougs on TV.

I'll say this. I haven't fired up the FTA dish lately I bought to get Griz games anywhere. There used to be some digital broadcasts of local TV stations from across the country. I could get just about any NFL game Fox was showing if the host city had a local broadcaster that had gone digital early. I'm hoping that there will be more on air now after the digital conversion. Could be a lot better.

The MWC has a contract with CBSTV and no local channels can carry any of the teams game. You won't see MWC games on local network TV until that contract expires or if CBS decides to pick up a game. The conference gets million dollars a year for this agreement.

In exchange the MWC has a channel called the MTN, not carried by bresnan in Montana, that is dedicated to only carry MWC games in all sports. We also have games on CBSTV (CSTV) and versus.

So we gave up local TV in exchange for more regional and national coverage and having every game on. In addition to the multi million dollar per team contract.

I switched from Cable MT which had no HD to DirecTV because it was my only option to get the MLB extra innings package. But we cannot get the local (Billings) channels. So this sounds like I will not be able to get the Griz games. Back to the drawing board....

BYU and Utah had all there games televised when I lived in Utah in the 90s. I don't how the MWC's contract affects how there games are televised. But I be Poke is right, that there games are on basic cable and easy to get.

pyroguy said:
I love the fact that all the games are televised one way or other. But for many of us not in major towns the Montana CW does us absolutely no good. You cannot pick it up on Dish network. I understand the whole commitment to the national networks stuff that they throw out at us, but the Cats are broadcast on NBC and not some sister station. I know that the Sports guy from Billings is the TV guy for the Cats, but come on why should I have to watch the Cats on regular network from the comfort of my own home, instead of having to go out in search of place to watch it on the CW.

I love the fact that ALL the Cat games are available to the whole state and many of the griz games are on the "Can't Watch" Network. :lol:

Cats2506 said:
pyroguy said:

I love the fact that ALL the Cat games are available to the whole state and many of the griz games are on the "Can't Watch" Network. :lol:
When there are 25,000 at the game, there is less demand for TV coverage.

Cats2506 said:
pyroguy said:

I love the fact that all those extra people can actually change the channel when they see that the kitties are on.

Cats2506 said:
pyroguy said:

You sure that thrashing Michigan State is going to put on you will be avalailable to everyone in the state??? I hadn't heard that ol' Edna down in Broadus finally subscribed to the Big Ten Network.

And how 'bout your games after Thanksgivi.....Oh, wait. Nevermind....

Even the Kittens admitt they never stick around for the second half when they are getting their ass kicked. :roll:
Max Media takes that fact into account when selling the advertising time on a kitty game
1st Half $100.00 for a 30 second commercial and 2 free spots in the unwatched second half!

Was a commercial even played if no one watches it?

Back