• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Appy Fans First Class

AFGrizFan

DONOR
Been over on the Appy boards and most of the post have been nothing but congrats and best wishes. Looks like maybe an new rivalry is born. Glad we scheduled the home and away with a first class program like App St

Congratulations from the bottom of my heart and good luck against Nova. One of the most memorable FCS games I can ever recall.

Met 3 guys from APPY, very nice and educated people, congratulations were for us on the win. Nothing but class these guys were. They said they were treated as well as any place they had ever been.

Had the pleasure of meeting two App fans @ work Friday, and two more today at our tailgate. Honest, down-to-Earth, and most of all, genuine people are only beginning descriptors of them. Both teams and fan bases are so, so similar in stats, crowd numbers, player quality, I could go on and on. My hat is truly off to the players and fans @ App State. :clap:

Was able to talk to some APP fans at the Cracker Barrel after the game, nice guys and though quite highly of the Griz. They hated to loose of course but were very impressed with how Chase played, they simply said that their D did not have many answers for him.
They have to make the trip back to Spokane to catch their plane on Sunday, I wish for there safe return!!

Griz ..... you guys are the classiest program that we have ever played. Your remind most of our fans of AppNation. Not perfect, but classy in every way. Hard playing team, with determination and grit. Good coaching, cool weather, great stadium, fun mascot, fans that would walk off a cliff if they thought it would help their team. Wish that every team we played was like that. (The stories I could tell you.)

Congratulations on your win. It was a well played game. One of the best I have ever seen. Will be rooting for my second team against Villian-Oboe. Get that third national championship.

GoApps70 said:
Griz ..... you guys are the classiest program that we have ever played. Your remind most of our fans of AppNation. Not perfect, but classy in every way. Hard playing team, with determination and grit. Good coaching, cool weather, great stadium, fun mascot, fans that would walk off a cliff if they thought it would help their team. Wish that every team we played was like that. (The stories I could tell you.)

Congratulations on your win. It was a well played game. One of the best I have ever seen. Will be rooting for my second team against Villian-Oboe. Get that third national championship.

Congrats to Appy for a great season... And I have yet to see a negative comment from any Appy fan... I am looking forward to the home and home games!!! Montana and Appy represent what sports is all about... Go battle it out on the field and win or lose, the fans have a few burgers and beers after...

GO GRIZ, GO APPY... Although I could do without seeing you guys in the playoffs against the Griz for many years.. That was scary, that's what DEPENDS were invented for :lol:

It's a damn shame someone had to lose that game. The entire App St. football program is first class. Well the mascot looked a little drunk, but other than that. ;)

And Armanti Edwards was absolutely amazing. Blitzes were getting through and receivers were covered (except over the middle for 12 yards) and he found his man and put the ball in perfect every time. What a serious talent. I hope I get to see him live again some time. What a thrill to watch him - it sure is hard to root against him.

I'll add my voice to courouse. Shared a table at the press box with two Ap State fans and had a great visit. When they found out I had already booked my tickets to Chatty they said if that by some miracle they beat us, they would take care of everything in Chatty. Would have been happy to root for that team and program. Very classy. Best I have ever been in contact with.

Back