• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

App Fan Says Thanks

PhilPonder

I posted this on the Mountaineer Message Board and also wanted you guys to see it. Thanks for a great time Saturday! Looking forward to our next meeting!

"It goes without saying that we all had our still-beating hearts ripped right out of our chests on Saturday. It was hard to hold back the tears watching 14 walk slowly through the snow up the tunnel as the Montana celebration was going on behind him. It was pretty quiet on the team plane coming home. Lots of Mountaineers are hurting today. The threads that point fingers and place blame don't interest me. It's better to reflect on how much this team overcame this year, what a great season it was, and thank our players and coaches for all their hard work.

Now that being said, hats off to the fans in Missoula! The Washington-Griz Stadium game atmosphere must be the best in FCS football. It's hands-down the best I have ever experienced. Their fans are loud and proud and I'm telling you they never ever shut up. We certainly have our moments at KBS, but nothing compared to this. This place could rival the atmosphere of any FBS stadium you can name. The stadium is a deep concrete bowl and they use the acoustics to full advantage. And another thing. Their fans are incredibly gracious. I had Griz fans say welcome to Missoula, thank you for coming to the game, enjoy the game over and over again. We met many, many people and they were all friendly with no exceptions. Even had a guy in the stadium grab me by both shoulders face on and say we're glad you're here, enjoy the game. Thought he was going to hug me! They made us feel very welcome. I can only hope fans from opposing teams who visit Boone feel as welcome as we did there. It's something to aspire to."

Damn, I don't even cry at sad movies, but that post may have primed the waterworks a little. Thank you a thousand times over for the kind words, Phil!! As I've said in a previous post, it was fantastic having your fans and players in the house yesterday, and I harbor a deep respect for the crew in Boone, NC.

You guys should be proud of your program and your fans. I will definitely be pulling for the Grizzlies next Friday. Montana fans, if you are undecided about making the trip to Chattanooga, if there is any possible way you can get there, you should spend the money and effort and go. You will not regret it. If you love your team like we love ours, and I know you do, being there when your team wins a ring is the most fun you will ever have as a sports fan. I don't see Villanova staying on the field with you guys. Kick some Wildcat butt!

thanks Phil, I am glad this game lived up to the heavyweight billing that preceded it. AE was everything that he was talked up to be and more and it must have been a great 4 years having the priviledge of watching him most Saturdays! Two great programs and two classy fanbases!

Another post from MMB

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=appstate&msg=30481.1

"I was at the game today and I know I will be blasted here, but unless you (not directed towards you GoldJacket) were there today, you can't respond to me here. Their atmosphere is a lot better than The Rock. Their crowd makes Michigan's 109,000 sound like mice. I promise you that there isn't another stadium in our division like Montana's stadium and fans. It was the loudest place I have ever been to in my life. Our 30K+ isn't even close to the 22,000 I heard today. The experience was awesome today.

Their fans are the best fans in all of college football. They loved our team, fans and AE. They said he was the best QB they have ever seen. They are looking forward to coming to The Rock in 2012.

ALL I CAN SAY, IS PLEASE START SAVING UP YOUR MONEY FOR 2013. YOU WILL NOT WANT TO LEAVE MONTANA AFTER THE GAME. The place freaking rock and you will be treated with 100% RESPECT from all the fans. I just can't tell everyone on this board how nice the Montana fans are and the respect they give our Apps!!!

We had a great season and we all need to keep our heads up and stop all this fighting on the other treads. We are upset right now, but we got beat by a VERY GOOD team, better than what I thought.

Go Apps!!"

Thanks, all you kind App State fans. Of course, we love our Griz and think WaGriz is the greatest stadium in America -- but it's always nice to hear visitors hand out compliments. I talked, briefly, with a couple App State fans at half-time, and they were totally gracious and fun to visit with.

From another APP fan........... Great Game. I really believed based on what I have seen in the last few weeks the winner of "our" game will win it ALL. Good LUCK !!!

Nova can't stay with you guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To all the App State fans:

Wow. It was wonderful having you here, and you can't imagine how excited we all are at the opportunity to meet you on the field again in a few years.

We have an intrastate rivalry with Montana State University which, IMHO, has gotten so negative that it's taken a lot of the fun out of it. Let's hope this is the start of a really fun rivalry with App State that sets a higher standard.

I am going to cheer my heart out for you guys next year; it would be fun to meet you in the NC - let's keep those CAA types totally out of the game!!

COME TO CHATTANOOGA AND CHEER US ON!! NO CAA WINNER THIS YEAR!!!

Can't say enough how I cannot wait to be in Boone in a few short years. But hell who knows, we might see each other again before our home-and-home. I am now an App fan behind Montana. Whenever we're not playing you, I'll be another supporter.

Lefties4Now said:
Another post from MMB

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=appstate&msg=30481.1

"I was at the game today and I know I will be blasted here, but unless you (not directed towards you GoldJacket) were there today, you can't respond to me here. Their atmosphere is a lot better than The Rock. Their crowd makes Michigan's 109,000 sound like mice. I promise you that there isn't another stadium in our division like Montana's stadium and fans. It was the loudest place I have ever been to in my life. Our 30K+ isn't even close to the 22,000 I heard today. The experience was awesome today.

Their fans are the best fans in all of college football. They loved our team, fans and AE. They said he was the best QB they have ever seen. They are looking forward to coming to The Rock in 2012.

ALL I CAN SAY, IS PLEASE START SAVING UP YOUR MONEY FOR 2013. YOU WILL NOT WANT TO LEAVE MONTANA AFTER THE GAME. The place freaking rock and you will be treated with 100% RESPECT from all the fans. I just can't tell everyone on this board how nice the Montana fans are and the respect they give our Apps!!!

We had a great season and we all need to keep our heads up and stop all this fighting on the other treads. We are upset right now, but we got beat by a VERY GOOD team, better than what I thought.

Go Apps!!"

Like 68Griz said, many of us have always believed this to be true. Many of us rarely, if ever, get to away games and see what it's like on the other side. It was an epic game, and I am very glad to hear my fellow Griz fans treated the opposing fans with respect and encouragement. This was one one of those rare games where you almost wished no one had to lose. Almost!

Back