• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Da'Rick Rogers on match up with Tru Johnson

i am REALLY looking forward to this matchup. Hopefully the UT QB doesn't have all day to sit back and pick apart the secondary.

Hopefully Da'Rick gets in his qb's ear all week and tells him that "Tru" can't hang, and to throw him the ball. Might start the season off with another pick 6 like he did last year. I know that they think that because they are SEC and we are FCS that we don't have one player that can hang, but Tru is an NFL caliber DB, and he can play with nearly anyone in the country.

I would guess that Tru will be matched up with Justin Hunter, he looks to be the bigger threat based of his production from last year.

Griz Growler said:
Hopefully Da'Rick gets in his qb's ear all week and tells him that "Tru" can't hang, and to throw him the ball. Might start the season off with another pick 6 like he did last year. I know that they think that because they are SEC and we are FCS that we don't have one player that can hang, but Tru is an NFL caliber DB, and he can play with nearly anyone in the country.

I honestly thought that Tru would be covering Justin Hunter.. I believe him to be a more polished WR than Da'Rick. I think Da'Rick will be more explosive than Justin in time. Last year, Justin seemed to be the WR making the big catches. Can't wait to see the matchups!

I have a feeling Tru will be put on an island often against either most the game. Tru has to have a Deion like performance, and take away 1/3 the field on his own. That is tough. If he does it consistently, Tru goes from 4th round to 3rd draft pick. This will be Tru's biggest game for his NFL stock. I have a feeling he will hold his matchups under 100 yards.

Note to Tennessee, please challenge TRU to a few jump balls. :)

I would like to see that matchup with Justin..

SHIM42.jpg

Like The Rick said, Tru is primarily a boundary corner so he will be matched up against whoever lines up on the short side of the field. Unless the defensive staff has something else in mind............ :twisted:

That pic. doesn't look like a catch to me! He can have those all day, as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't matter how high he jumps if he doesn't catch them :D GO GRIZ!

So which is better, this guys pic from a low angle making you think he is jumping 2 ft over the cross bar, or tru's shopped muscles :lol:

orangepeel said:

SHIM42.jpg

It does not matter, if the pass is way too high, or the WR jumps way too soon. It looks like that ball is way past him, being the ball is going out of the endzone. I doubt if the pass came from the other direction. Well unless this is some odd Tennessee drill. :thumb:

Nice hops though.

"...a lot more physical."?

This should be an interesting match-up!

Good find, Baller! Thanks!

Watch how high Tru gets at 1:37.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twoBOATPVdw&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

ronbo said:
Watch how high Tru gets at 1:37.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twoBOATPVdw&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

and he actually catches it ;) That receiver is in the NFL to btw. Very excited to see how Tru matches up against some very talented and athletic UT receivers. I think Tenn. is thinking Tru is great only for the FCS, but keep in mind he is a top 10 Corner (and rising) in all of college football. He would start on any SEC team IMO. He matches up athletically with UT receivers and neither of them will be "a lot more physical". 6'3" 210lbs. 4.48 Corner.....not sure anyone in the country has those measurable for the position. :thumb:

Hunter is the deep threat guy and Da'Rick is more of a possession type guy for now! I look forward to seeing the match up as well! From what I have seen of Tru he is def SEC caliber!

WaGriz4life said:
Like The Rick said, Tru is primarily a boundary corner so he will be matched up against whoever lines up on the short side of the field. Unless the defensive staff has something else in mind............ :twisted:

that's correct. he's going to take whoever's on the short side unless the coaches want to man him up. if they man him up it won't be with the no. 1 it'll be the no. 2, because they'll roll coverage (double team) over to whoever is taking the no.1. nothing complicated.

mtgrizrule said:
orangepeel said:

SHIM42.jpg

It does not matter, if the pass is way too high, or the WR jumps way too soon. It looks like that ball is way past him, being the ball is going out of the endzone. I doubt if the pass came from the other direction. Well unless this is some odd Tennessee drill. :thumb:

Nice hops though.

I'd venture to say he caught it. Justin has excellent hands and can really leap (which really makes it hard to overthrow him, since he is 6'4). He has cleared 7'3 in high jump, 26' long jump, and 50'8 in triple jump. His 100 time wasn't too fast (11.17). But these numbers were all from high school. He is a pretty hard match-up for a corner, especially if they are going up for the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls4g5n_PjAs&feature=related

Back