Streaming of Griz games

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS

Streaming of Griz games

Postby Twincitysgriz » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am

All, Not sure if this has been posted but it looks like all the Griz games will be streamed again by American one sports. [url]http://b2tv.com/partner_members.asp?id=265&s=3603&stype=Sports%20Football%20Men%27s[url]. The exception is the App State game that is on ESPN3
Twincitysgriz
eGrizzer in Training

Re: Streaming of Griz games

Postby mtgrizrule » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:09 pm

Awesome, is it free, or pay? Last year was pay quality, for the 1st time ever.
I am passionate for: God, family, friends, US Military, GRIZ, Protandim, Truescience, and Lifevantage (great products for aging, health, and skin)
video: http://www.abcliveit.com/site/ABC_Primetime_Report.html. http://www.mylifevantage.com/271791 We are also looking for more partners. Thank you all. God Bless every soldier fighting for our country!!!!
mtgrizrule
eGriz Elite

I am a fan of: DA GRIZ

Postby YttriumGriz39 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:57 pm

mtgrizrule wrote:Awesome, is it free, or pay? Last year was pay quality, for the 1st time ever.

When you go to any of the Griz games it says its free
Montana Grizzlies FCS Postseason Record: 32-20
YttriumGriz39
My PC is stuck on eGriz

I am a fan of: Grizzlies, Packers

Postby MissoulaMarinerFan » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Yeah, you initially need to "purchase" a package, but, if you "purchase" the big sky package it is free. What I've done in the past, to make sure I don't have to mess with re-activating my account the morning of the game, a few days before I check out what free "purchase" packages there are (volleyball, other football progs, etc.), then I "purchase" that, then on game day, I don't need to worry about "purchasing" the big sky package, because I already have access to it since I "purchased" a different free package.
...at least that is how it used to work...might be way easier this year.
Member of COT -2011c
MissoulaMarinerFan
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby schield » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:56 pm

Griz games on Root Sports will not be streamed on this site.
schield
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby YttriumGriz39 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:02 pm

schield wrote:Griz games on Root Sports will not be streamed on this site.

Those games show up on the list of upcoming events. Why do you say they won't be available?
Montana Grizzlies FCS Postseason Record: 32-20
YttriumGriz39
My PC is stuck on eGriz

I am a fan of: Grizzlies, Packers

Postby PeauxRouge » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:43 pm

YttriumGriz39 wrote:

Those games show up on the list of upcoming events. Why do you say they won't be available?

I am wondering if they will be streamed but just using their own local/student announcers, like they did with basketball last year. May not be but I could see it happening that way. I was under the impression that each university in the big sky was required to provide an online stream for BS TV at some point, but that could have been an old contract.
PeauxRouge
eGriz Lifer

Postby Sly Fox » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:51 pm

The Liberty game should be streamed for free on both ESPN3 & LibertyChannel.com.
Sly Fox
eGrizzer in Training

I am a fan of: Liberty

Postby Twincitysgriz » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:11 am

So are you saying the games on Root Sports won't be streamed at all? Of will they be streamed on another site?
Twincitysgriz
eGrizzer in Training

Postby bingo » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:30 am

Twincitysgriz wrote:

So are you saying the games on Root Sports won't be streamed at all? Of will they be streamed on another site?

Not at all
bingo
eGrizzer in Training

Postby Sly Fox » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:40 am

Last season I saw some Montana games streamed on firstrowsports <dot> eu ... hopefully that site survives the next round of closures. I watch a bunch of FCS games on there.
Sly Fox
eGrizzer in Training

I am a fan of: Liberty

Postby schield » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:46 am

bingo wrote:
Twincitysgriz wrote:

Not at all

Per Big Sky Conference site:
"Games on ROOT SPORTS will not be video streamed"
http://www.bigskyconf.com/sports/2012/8 ... 23432.aspx

http://www.bigskyconf.com/sports/2012/1 ... 25326.aspx
Q: What is the future of Big Sky TV?
A: Big Sky TV will continue. In fact, with the addition of Southern Utah, North Dakota, and Cal Poly and UC Davis for football, we'll bring you more games than ever in 2012-13. The games that ROOT SPORTS chooses to televise, however, will not be part of the Big Sky TV package. ROOT SPORTS may opt to video stream those games, or may not. We are also working with America One, our Big Sky TV provider, on mobile applications starting in 2012. Most conferences and universities charge to view games on the Internet. The Big Sky package has been FREE for the past four seasons, and will likely continue to be free.

http://www.nauathletics.com/sports/fbal ... /roots_q-a
Q: I don’t live in the ROOT SPORTS network footprint. How can I watch the Big Sky games televised by ROOT SPORTS?
A: The goal of the new partnership between DIRECTV Sports Networks and Big Sky Conference is to satisfy the strong interests of longtime Big Sky football fans surrounding each university, while increasing the opportunities for alumni and others around the nation to enjoy access to Big Sky football as never before.
Some cable and satellite companies offer out-of-market sports packages that will allow fans to receive the games outside the ROOT SPORTS service area. Contact your provider for more information.
ROOT SPORTS will pursue syndication agreements with other television outlets to make games available to interested fans outside the ROOT SPORTS service area. ROOT SPORTS is also actively exploring live streaming options for fans and alumni living outside the network territory who want to remain connected to their favorite schools. More information on streaming and syndication will be available closer to the start of the 2012 college football season.

For those that can't get access, then you will have to pay the ~$70 for the radio feed on http://www.gogriz.com. I did confirm that all the games will have a radio broadcast through the paid service on http://www.gogriz.com.

If somebody finds a back-door site, then it will be great if that could be posted on game-day...possibly a sticky.
schield
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby schield » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:07 am

I heard back from the Big Sky Conference this afternoon and at this time Root Sports will not be providing an online stream of football games being broadcast on Root Sports. :evil:
schield
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby mcg » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:36 am

schield wrote:
bingo wrote:
Twincitysgriz wrote:

Not at all

Per Big Sky Conference site:
"Games on ROOT SPORTS will not be video streamed"
http://www.bigskyconf.com/sports/2012/8 ... 23432.aspx

http://www.bigskyconf.com/sports/2012/1 ... 25326.aspx
Q: What is the future of Big Sky TV?
A: Big Sky TV will continue. In fact, with the addition of Southern Utah, North Dakota, and Cal Poly and UC Davis for football, we'll bring you more games than ever in 2012-13. The games that ROOT SPORTS chooses to televise, however, will not be part of the Big Sky TV package. ROOT SPORTS may opt to video stream those games, or may not. We are also working with America One, our Big Sky TV provider, on mobile applications starting in 2012. Most conferences and universities charge to view games on the Internet. The Big Sky package has been FREE for the past four seasons, and will likely continue to be free.

http://www.nauathletics.com/sports/fbal ... /roots_q-a
Q: I don’t live in the ROOT SPORTS network footprint. How can I watch the Big Sky games televised by ROOT SPORTS?
A: The goal of the new partnership between DIRECTV Sports Networks and Big Sky Conference is to satisfy the strong interests of longtime Big Sky football fans surrounding each university, while increasing the opportunities for alumni and others around the nation to enjoy access to Big Sky football as never before.
Some cable and satellite companies offer out-of-market sports packages that will allow fans to receive the games outside the ROOT SPORTS service area. Contact your provider for more information.
ROOT SPORTS will pursue syndication agreements with other television outlets to make games available to interested fans outside the ROOT SPORTS service area. ROOT SPORTS is also actively exploring live streaming options for fans and alumni living outside the network territory who want to remain connected to their favorite schools. More information on streaming and syndication will be available closer to the start of the 2012 college football season.

For those that can't get access, then you will have to pay the ~$70 for the radio feed on http://www.gogriz.com. I did confirm that all the games will have a radio broadcast through the paid service on http://www.gogriz.com.

If somebody finds a back-door site, then it will be great if that could be posted on game-day...possibly a sticky.

So the only online radio feed costs $70? I love Mick and Scott but that seems like a lot of money to me. I wonder how many people actually pay it.

I think the South Dakota radio feed may be available at www.kvtk.com
mcg
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby schield » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:45 am

schield wrote:I heard back from the Big Sky Conference this afternoon and at this time Root Sports will not be providing an online stream of football games being broadcast on Root Sports. :evil:

With all the technology, this is setting us back to about 5+ years ago when you struggled to get a bad online feed and usually resorted to the online radio feed. Root Sports could make more money by setting up a paid ($10/game or $100 season pass) online stream service.
schield
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby UnderratedWalrus » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:14 pm

I'm going to go insane if there's no way of watching those games online. Are there any fellow geeks in this forum who live in Missoula with a decent internet connection and could hook up a capture card and stream to a private justin.tv channel? I'd be willing to help pay for whatever equipment is needed.
UnderratedWalrus
eGrizzer in Training

Postby schield » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:20 pm

UnderratedWalrus wrote:I'm going to go insane if there's no way of watching those games online. Are there any fellow geeks in this forum who live in Missoula with a decent internet connection and could hook up a capture card and stream to a private justin.tv channel? I'd be willing to help pay for whatever equipment is needed.

:agree:
I know somebody did something for the playoff game last year when it was only going to be televised on ESPN GamePlan.
schield
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby GrizAddicted » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:43 pm

Isn't KGVO the Griz game day play by play? There is a mobile app called radio pup which has that station streamed live. Then you can patch cord to your stereo...

Anywhere, anytime...Go Griz!
Any where, any time, any place--The Griz!
GrizAddicted
eGrizzer in Training

Postby Silvertip » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:42 pm

If you live outside of the attached ROOT coverage map link but you have Dish or DirecTV order up the regional college package for $9 or 10 per month and get ALL of the ROOT/FOX/etc regional channels - no matter where you live on the continent. (I'd be really surprised if ROOT Pittsburgh shows the Griz)

http://rockymountain.rootsports.com//pdf8/753120.pdf
THIS POST SENT WHILE GUZZLING LAGER FROM MY TAP-A-KEG (c)
Silvertip
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby coyote » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:01 pm

GrizAddicted wrote:Isn't KGVO the Griz game day play by play? There is a mobile app called radio pup which has that station streamed live. Then you can patch cord to your stereo...

During the games they run a message saying they don't have the rights to stream it.
coyote
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby Skookum-Jim » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:28 pm

I knew the root sports deal was going to screw up the bigskytv. I'm going to be reduced to seeing only the games not on root sports.
Skookum-Jim
Full time eGrizzer

I am a fan of: Montana

Postby MissoulaMarinerFan » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:53 pm

Skookum-Jim wrote:I knew the root sports deal was going to screw up the bigskytv. I'm going to be reduced to seeing only the games not on root sports.

I know GrizPsych did some magic last year...maybe he'd be willing to do the same for the Root Sports games this year?...provided he isn't actually attending all the games that will be televised by Root.
Member of COT -2011c
MissoulaMarinerFan
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby EverettGriz » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:23 pm

coyote wrote:
GrizAddicted wrote:Isn't KGVO the Griz game day play by play? There is a mobile app called radio pup which has that station streamed live. Then you can patch cord to your stereo...

During the games they run a message saying they don't have the rights to stream it.

Yep. Thanks to Learfield, any on line radio link is blocked for games. You can usually get the pregame show, but that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Booze is the duct tape of life.
EverettGriz
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby mcg » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:37 pm

EverettGriz wrote:
coyote wrote:

Yep. Thanks to Learfield, any on line radio link is blocked for games. You can usually get the pregame show, but that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that was the experience last year. Occasionally a station would seem to 'forget' and the game would be available. I am curious about the mobile ap because in a manner of speaking, the mobile ap isn't exactly the internet. I'm going to check it out.
mcg
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby EverettGriz » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:14 pm

I tried the mobile app (actually many of them: Radio Pup, ooTunes, Radiolicious, TuneIn, etc) without any success during FB season (during BB I was able to get it occasionally). In general, the phone apps just use the weblink to establish their connection, I beleive.

But if anyone finds anything that works, PLEASE post it.
Booze is the duct tape of life.
EverettGriz
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Next

Return to Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS