• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kickers

bhwre

Chris Lider and Stephen Shaw have impressed me again. Lider looked consistent vs Liberty and shaw boomed a couple of punts and had a 49.2 average. Future looks bright for these two.

kemajic said:
Shaw will be kicking on Sundays in a few years. Great kid, too.

agree. saw the shaw kid warming up yesterday and holy :clap: ...he got some power son! just needs to control that hook. may have enuff talent to be nfl but it made me wonder how much better he would be at this point if her were booting it with his right foot...would be lucky to keep him another year if he figures that out. 70 yarders...??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

JAKEweezy93 said:
kemajic said:

agree. saw the shaw kid warming up yesterday and holy :clap: ...he got some power son! just needs to control that hook. may have enuff talent to be nfl but it made me wonder how much better he would be at this point if her were booting it with his right foot...would be lucky to keep him another year if he figures that out. 70 yarders...??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Shaw is the punter and is right-footed. Lider is the left-footed placekicker. The Liberty placekicker was the impressive one. Little guy; big, big leg.

kemajic said:

Even though he's not a kicker I think of Sebastion Janakowski when Shaw takes the field

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

grizfnz said:
kemajic said:

Even though he's not a kicker I think of Sebastion Janakowski when Shaw takes the field

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
I said that on Saturday as well, guy looks the same. Oh well, if you can kick I don't really care if the guys only got 1 leg.

Maybe it was just the camera angle, but what struck me was Lider's short, compact kicking stroke that still gave plenty of distance. Again, maybe it was the angle, but it seemed like it was just step-step-BOOM. (Some guys take big, long strides -- and get them blocked.)

Back