Kickers

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS

Kickers

Postby bhwre » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:50 pm

Chris Lider and Stephen Shaw have impressed me again. Lider looked consistent vs Liberty and shaw boomed a couple of punts and had a 49.2 average. Future looks bright for these two.
bhwre
eGriz Newbie

I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Kickers

Postby kemajic » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:19 pm

Shaw will be kicking on Sundays in a few years. Great kid, too.
"Turn me loose; set me free somewhere in the middle of Montana" - Merle Haggard
kemajic
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby JAKEweezy93 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:29 pm

kemajic wrote:Shaw will be kicking on Sundays in a few years. Great kid, too.

agree. saw the shaw kid warming up yesterday and holy :clap: ...he got some power son! just needs to control that hook. may have enuff talent to be nfl but it made me wonder how much better he would be at this point if her were booting it with his right foot...would be lucky to keep him another year if he figures that out. 70 yarders...??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
JAKEweezy93
eGrizzer in Training

I am a fan of: THE U of M

Postby kemajic » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:56 pm

JAKEweezy93 wrote:

agree. saw the shaw kid warming up yesterday and holy :clap: ...he got some power son! just needs to control that hook. may have enuff talent to be nfl but it made me wonder how much better he would be at this point if her were booting it with his right foot...would be lucky to keep him another year if he figures that out. 70 yarders...??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Shaw is the punter and is right-footed. Lider is the left-footed placekicker. The Liberty placekicker was the impressive one. Little guy; big, big leg.
"Turn me loose; set me free somewhere in the middle of Montana" - Merle Haggard
kemajic
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby grizfnz » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:38 am

Even though he's not a kicker I think of Sebastion Janakowski when Shaw takes the field

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
THE POST COUNTER IS NOT AN INTELLIGENCE METER

grizfnz
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby dupuyer griz » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:58 am

grizfnz wrote:

Even though he's not a kicker I think of Sebastion Janakowski when Shaw takes the field

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I said that on Saturday as well, guy looks the same. Oh well, if you can kick I don't really care if the guys only got 1 leg.
dupuyer griz
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

I am a fan of: GRIZ

Postby IdaGriz01 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:28 am

Maybe it was just the camera angle, but what struck me was Lider's short, compact kicking stroke that still gave plenty of distance. Again, maybe it was the angle, but it seemed like it was just step-step-BOOM. (Some guys take big, long strides -- and get them blocked.)
IdaGriz01
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Return to Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS