• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Royce Engstrom sucks

bobadams

They should show him on TV so everyone can see the nightmare he caused. Mr Overreaction! Royce Engstrom!

bobadams said:
They should show him on TV so everyone can see the nightmare he caused. Mr Overreaction! Royce Engstrom!

How right you are, President Dungstrom is at the root of the decline in Griz football. Although Dungstrom is likely glad that he is making progress toward his goal of knocking Griz football off the pedestal. :oops:

Royce "Griz slayer" Engstrom has done the unthinkable--destroyed an athletic legacy 25 years in the making. Missoulians jabber about Griz football being untouchable, but this pretty much proves the opposite. I can't imagine a president doing this much damage to any other campus department without answering for it. But the Griz slayer won't answer for destroying the careers of two quality men, or losing more than $1million in private donations, or breaking the promise of support made to every student athlete who wears a Griz uniform.
You know how you kill a Griz? You cut off his head. At least that's what the Griz slayer does.

:thumb:
Not to mention giving the Saudi rapist a heads up to leave the country before going to the police. He must have some good naked pics of someone powerful to still have his job.

The proof will be in the pudding when enrollment continues down, the Excellence Fund donations trend down, when the NCAA finds no wrong doing by Plugrad, JJ is eventually aquitted, and the DOJ finds no wrong doing by the university before his heralded appointment. I have said he is administrator who did and does not know how to administor in extaordinary and difficult times. He has really messed up at all levels. At first I thought maybe 2-3 years but it may take 4-5 years to correct his fowl ups. Talk about mistakes!!

attended graduation today in the stadium. RE says, " college grads contribute more to society than non grads", well, I agree that a college ed. is very important but, mr Royce, what would you say to all of the men and women in the armed forces, many have never attended college, that they have not contributed to society??? There are many examples of non-grads doing great things. What a dick.

yellowstone60 said:
attended graduation today in the stadium. RE says, " college grads contribute more to society than non grads", well, I agree that a college ed. is very important but, mr Royce, what would you say to all of the men and women in the armed forces, many have never attended college, that they have not contributed to society??? There are many examples of non-grads doing great things. What a dick.
He apparently isn't aware of the number of self-made millionaires and billionaires on the richest Americans list who never finished (and in many cases never attended) college.

AZGrizFan said:
He apparently isn't aware of the number of self-made millionaires and billionaires on the richest Americans list who never finished (and in many cases never attended) college.
Engstrom is one of those classic academicians, "book smart and life stupid."

So it's the presidents fault that ums enrollment continues to drop, but when he touts the importance of a college degree especially a um degree he's a dick? Makes sense

wbtfg said:
So it's the presidents fault that ums enrollment continues to drop, but when he touts the importance of a college degree especially a um degree he's a dick? Makes sense

Ha! Good post.

Yeah, you know, the guy is a president of a university. Shocking that a leader of an organization would trumpet the results of such organization!!! Tar and feathers, people. Tar and feathers. :roll:

Being critical of the President of UM is fine. Being critical of him for touting the value of an education is petty and hyper critical. There are many exceptions to any statement made. I suspect he was saying that on a whole college graduates are more successful than not. Are military people successful, yes. Are there non college educated success stories, yes.

Criticize when warranted. Criticizing in these cases takes away from the things that may need addressed.

yellowstone60 said:
Your whining doesn't prove him wrong, now, does it?

This really should be one of those poll posts where you vote if Royce Engstrom sucks! Or to what amount he sucks! I would think the percentage might be overwhelming, but I don't want to prejudice the vote. Yes, he definitely sucks, but he deserves the courtesy of a public vote. The categories could be: extremely sucks; really sucks; moderately sucks; sort-of-sucks; barely sucks; and doesn't suck.

Imagine that, a University President would support education on graduation day? I'm not a fan of RE but I think some of you guys are just looking to bitch about something here. Did he say that people in the military or people without a college degree weren't successful? Did he say that people who wear converse and Levi's weren't successful? I'm waiting for the clothing and fashion contingent to start bashing him next...

Grizd and EG nailed this one.

yellowstone60 said:

Over 34 years of military service, I received an education! However, true, I still was required to obtain a college degree while serving on active duty. It was part of the promotion system criteria!

Back