• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hayden Craig Transfer Official...

He will not be the last. This program is not on the way up yet, it is still declining, and will do so until we get rid of these lame duck coaches. Kids want to know and feel comfortable with the coaches they will be playing for for 4-5 years. That is why adding a second year for Delaney is so disastrous to this program. For every year he stays as coach, you can add two years of pain in recruiting and re-vitalization of Grizzly football.

If true, maybe someone could get his take on whats going on and post it, or have him post his thoughts himself. First hand information is better than rumors.

I hate when guys leave but it also signals a few things as well. I would not be surprised if Naccarato dropped down. I have nothing against him but he doesnt look to have the physical size and looked a little over his skis in Boone during pre-game. The stage sometimes is just to big for some guys.

I assume that we are going to be a 3/4-wide spread style team for a few years to come. Look for Saylor to be use more as a TE/H Back type. Haynes, Henderson, Saylor, Walcott and Warren is a damn solid group of returners. Now if we can fill that QB issue up with a drop down or a step-up guy, that would be a good thing!

No excuses from the guys in headsets if we get a couple solid QBs and improved secondary play.

I'm not sure you can totally pin this one on the bad season or just MD. Hayden Craig was a really tough get, and he was on the edge of backing out of his verbal to walk on at OSU all last spring. I actually thought that it was a miracle he was here for fall camp. Now, the lack of a passing game may have pushed him back to OSU, but whatever the reason, it sucks because he is a beast and I think he would have been a three-time all-conference player starting next season.

So here's what we know:

Craig, possibly transferring, according to one Missoula TV reporter.

Henderson, staying according to an Egriz poster who spoke with Henderson's father.

Trent McKinney staying, according to an Egriz poster who is a really good friend of his.

What's next?

I will tell you what is next - more booger picking, shizzly special teams play, coaches leaving and MSU getting their f'ing pick out of the state of Montana. I can honestly say I never saw the pendulum swinging back. Holy hell was I wrong and it literally took one damn year. Hard to believe. We are in for a few rough years folks. I for one will not give up on the Griz, but damn the coaches and administration are making it tough to stay positive.

Not that I know anything, because I don't, but has anyone ever thought that we don't utilize the TE's enough to keep Hayden here?

Does OSU throw to their TE's more?

Once again, I don't know, but it is just a thought, especially since Root even commented on how we didn't use Hardy enough.

PhxGriz said:
Not that I know anything, because I don't, but has anyone ever thought that we don't utilize the TE's enough to keep Hayden here?

Does OSU throw to their TE's more?

Once again, I don't know, but it is just a thought, especially since Root even commented on how we didn't use Hardy enough.

We have under utilized some pretty good TE's for many years now.

BigPawzSharpClawz said:
I hate when guys leave but it also signals a few things as well. I would not be surprised if Naccarato dropped down. I have nothing against him but he doesnt look to have the physical size and looked a little over his skis in Boone during pre-game. The stage sometimes is just to big for some guys.

I assume that we are going to be a 3/4-wide spread style team for a few years to come. Look for Saylor to be use more as a TE/H Back type. Haynes, Henderson, Saylor, Walcott and Warren is a damn solid group of returners. Now if we can fill that QB issue up with a drop down or a step-up guy, that would be a good thing!

No excuses from the guys in headsets if we get a couple solid QBs and improved secondary play.

On paper, a QB and a couple of safety's are all that the Griz need to regain their "rightful" spot atop the BSC. Unfortunately, this Griz "dark cloud" of negative momentum seems to be growing into a major storm. If the Griz continue to lose coaches plus a few players and key recruits, the continued bad press could lead to a "tail spin" for a few years. I know the Griz have a long and proud tradition but getting out of this "funk" could be a major undertaking if things continue to spiral. UM just doesn't have the leadership right now to stem the tide IMO.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!! We have players transfer in and out all the time. It is not the end of the world. Affects depth at tight end, but tight ends are kind of a dying breed in college football. If he wanted to be at Oregon State, then he wasn't going to be happy here, so good luck to him and next guy up!

grizatwork said:
The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!! We have players transfer in and out all the time. It is not the end of the world. Affects depth at tight end, but tight ends are kind of a dying breed in college football. If he wanted to be at Oregon State, then he wasn't going to be happy here, so good luck to him and next guy up!

Tell Tyler Eifert that.

grizfan95 said:
grizatwork said:

Tell Tyler Eifert that.

I get it, but the type of offense that most college teams run don't really use a classic tight end. Tight ends have morphed more into a hybrid player who can split out as well. The prototypical tight end is not utilized in the college game as much as they used to be.

Relax people. Get a grip. Of course we are in a bit of a funk. Life is going on, not one player is dead and we have a pretty damn good bunch of players coming back. Of course questions at QB remain and we need to shore up some spots but we always have to year after year. Nothing new!

Yes we have a coaching issue. We will have until we don't!

This is the lowest point in Griz football since Don Reed came and started us on this great run. We had good help from King George Dennison and many many others. We need to quit whining and start moving in the right direction. We are slowly getting the word to RE. Getting rid of him will help but we can't wait. One more year of Delaney will be tough. What to look forward to? A new OC will be a great help. Our DC Gregorak is just completing his first year and I look forward to him coming back with 100% improvement. Gragg is another good man, the rest of the crew...... I can't say. More on all this later.

Let kids leave that want out. We have many good ones coming in!

I remember back when Craig announced he was signing with the Griz. He said that he chose UM over OSU because the Grizzlies were such a winning team and OSU "was on the decline".

Fast forward to this horrible Griz season, add in the fact that OSU had a good season (top 25), and you get the transfer...

Umista said:
Relax people. Get a grip. Of course we are in a bit of a funk. Life is going on, not one player is dead and we have a pretty damn good bunch of players coming back. Of course questions at QB remain and we need to shore up some spots but we always have to year after year. Nothing new!

Yes we have a coaching issue. We will have until we don't!

This is the lowest point in Griz football since Don Reed came and started us on this great run. We had good help from King George Dennison and many many others. We need to quit whining and start moving in the right direction. We are slowly getting the word to RE. Getting rid of him will help but we can't wait. One more year of Delaney will be tough. What to look forward to? A new OC will be a great help. Our DC Gregorak is just completing his first year and I look forward to him coming back with 100% improvement. Gragg is another good man, the rest of the crew...... I can't say. More on all this later.

Let kids leave that want out. We have many good ones coming in!

Huh? Engstrom has been "getting the word" everyday for eight months. He'll continue holing up in Main Hall until the BOR takes action. Your "...moving in the right direction..." begins and ends with them.
Rose-colored glasses and temporary fixes with duck tape and bailing wire (ie. new assistant coaches) are nothing more than a bandage in lieu of major surgery. Too bad, but that's reality.

The one's that want to leave...we really dont want!
Tell me about who maybe coming MORE than whom may be going, please!!
(this includes position coaches as well)

Go Griz

Can you imagine trying to recruit this year? We had a poor year, short term coaches, and possible NCAA infractions....as a parent with a son currently being recruited for baseball, the colleges my son is looking at are none of the above.....

Back