Zach Vis

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS

Zach Vis

Postby grizfan1984 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:53 pm

Looks like we got another commit.

LyndenTribuneSports ‏@LyndenTribuneSP
Congrats to Lynden senior WR/DB Zach Vis, who has committed to the University of Montana as a preferred walk on. Chose the Griz over UW
grizfan1984
eGrizzer in Training

I am a fan of: montana

Re: Zach Vis

Postby NikeGrizz » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:14 pm

grizfan1984 wrote:Looks like we got another commit.

Congrats to Lynden senior WR/DB Zach Vis, who has committed to the University of Montana as a preferred walk on. Chose the Griz over UW

I bet him and Ari Morales eventually become scholarship players.
NikeGrizz
Full time eGrizzer

I am a fan of: The Griz

Postby behappp » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:56 pm

From Jordan Johnson in an article back in December

" Josh Kraght and Zach Vis were ridiculous all day long. I really can’t say enough good things about both of these kids, as some collegiate program is going to get a steal come signing day. Kraght plays like he is 6-3 and runs like one of the state’s top backs, and Vis broke every state championship record ever set with 271 yards receiving and 3 Tds in the title game."
“ I'm in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love. And it’s difficult to analyze love when you’re in it." - John Steinbeck[color=#BF0000][/color]
behappp
Full time eGrizzer

I am a fan of: umt

Postby pussycatkillerz » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:57 pm

Mm80 could've started for Alabama. I like walk ons...
Wins Since 2000 (All of College Football)
1st place: Montana: 152 - 2nd place: Boise State: 143........Texas: 139.....App State: 131...
North Dakota State: 120
pussycatkillerz
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

I am a fan of: Montana

Postby MTGrizzFan » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:47 pm

pussycatkillerz wrote:Mm80 could've started for Alabama. I like walk ons...

We've had some good luck with walk ons
Lets Get Ready To Rumble!!!

Once in Africa I lost the corkscrew and we were forced to live off food and water for weeks. -Ernest Hemingway
MTGrizzFan
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby maroonandsilver » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:41 am

If you've never been to Lynden, It's like going back to the Norman Rockwell '40s or '50s. They even have a city ordinance against mowing your lawn on Sunday.
maroonandsilver
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

I am a fan of: montana

Postby funny water » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:34 am

maroonandsilver wrote:

If you've never been to Lynden, It's like going back to the Norman Rockwell '40s or '50s. They even have a city ordinance against mowing your lawn on Sunday.

would someone please forward a copy of this ordinance to my wife??? :thumb:
funny water
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby griz4life » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:30 am

That's great news. Vis is a gamer. It would have been great to have picked up Kragt, too. There always seems to be a Kragt kid tearing up rural prep football in Washington, kind of like Selvigs tearing up basketball in Montana.
"I kept waiting for a smirk, but instead he recalled how many countless hours he spent making sure I stayed out of trouble and how tough it was to keep me on the path to success.
"We would do anything for him.He was our leader and we would go anywhere he took us--It just so happened to be Huntington, West Virginia, and our school's first national championship," Dave Dickenson.
griz4life
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

I am a fan of: The University of Montana

Postby bigtyme » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:22 pm

Kids name is Isaac Messenger. Great size and natural strength but played at a tiny school. Will end up running track somewhere to get a college degree.
bigtyme
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby Copper Griz » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:14 pm

NikeGrizz wrote:

I bet him and Ari Morales eventually become scholarship players.

Chips on shoulders. Something to prove and I bet they do just that - prove they are deserving.
Everyone thinks trolls live under a bridge. They don't, they live in their Mom's basement.
Copper Griz
My PC is stuck on eGriz

I am a fan of: U of M

Postby Kodiak » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:05 pm

Vis is similar to Mitch Salyor with possibly a little more top end speed. He excels on jump balls but also runs good routes and has nice hands. Great competitor who will hopefully be able to separate against faster DB's at the next level. He dominated at the AA level here (like A in Montana) but also produced well against bigger schools when he had the chance. Had a great QB throwing to him which helped but Vis is a good get.
Kodiak
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby behappp » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:40 pm

Kodiak wrote:Vis is similar to Mitch Salyor with possibly a little more top end speed. He excels on jump balls but also runs good routes and has nice hands. Great competitor who will hopefully be able to separate against faster DB's at the next level. He dominated at the AA level here (like A in Montana) but also produced well against bigger schools when he had the chance. Had a great QB throwing to him which helped but Vis is a good get.

How good has he looked at DB?. He seems in the highlights like he could be a pretty tough safety and that is a big need for us.
“ I'm in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love. And it’s difficult to analyze love when you’re in it." - John Steinbeck[color=#BF0000][/color]
behappp
Full time eGrizzer

I am a fan of: umt

Postby Kodiak » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:20 pm

behappp wrote:
Kodiak wrote:Vis is similar to Mitch Salyor with possibly a little more top end speed. He excels on jump balls but also runs good routes and has nice hands. Great competitor who will hopefully be able to separate against faster DB's at the next level. He dominated at the AA level here (like A in Montana) but also produced well against bigger schools when he had the chance. Had a great QB throwing to him which helped but Vis is a good get.

How good has he looked at DB?. He seems in the highlights like he could be a pretty tough safety and that is a big need for us.

He was solid but I don't really see him there at the next level. Didn't have too many times where he was covering a big sky caliber WR running a post/seam so hard to tell for sure. Good instincts and physicality though!
Kodiak
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby BigPawzSharpClawz » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:24 am

This kids a Safety in my book 6-3 196 is ideal big safety size in a league of full of talented WRs. We dont need two Mitch Saylor in between types in my opinion unless we are changing to a New England Patriots type spread offense.
BigPawzSharpClawz
eGrizzer

Postby Yukon » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:03 pm

from the video below, he would rather be a safety if he had a choice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH9bb9fPwms
"Facts are stubborn things" John Adams
Yukon
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby griz4life » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:47 pm

I watched his championship game yesterday and all I can say is Zach Vis plays a complete game. He runs good routes, helps his QB when there's trouble and doesn't give up on plays. Skip the highlite video and watch the game. That kid is a great get.
"I kept waiting for a smirk, but instead he recalled how many countless hours he spent making sure I stayed out of trouble and how tough it was to keep me on the path to success.
"We would do anything for him.He was our leader and we would go anywhere he took us--It just so happened to be Huntington, West Virginia, and our school's first national championship," Dave Dickenson.
griz4life
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

I am a fan of: The University of Montana

Postby Kodiak » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:32 pm

Vis is quoted in The Bellingham Herald today saying that the UM coaches want him to play WR but he will play either side of the ball. His QB (Josh Kraght) signed with PSU....a JJ clone who could be tough for the Griz to handle in a couple years.
Kodiak
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Return to Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS