• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Where is Marquin Russell?

alabamagrizzly

I thought this guy was supposed to be a good recruit but I ain't heard nothing if him since sighning day. Where has he gone? Anyone know anything?

Sitting with the rest of the large group of RS's waiting his turn. The Griz have tons of depth at WR it's turning out, so Rogers and Russell will wait their turn and there's nothing wrong with that.

He is #8 on the Griz Roster along with Van, but he will redshirt this year unless someone gets hurt at the CB position The GoGriz.com Roster doesnt list him but they have still not updated to the current roster either.

putter said:
Good move RS him!

even with a redshirt he may have to wait until he is a junior to play,,,as they say "no room at the inn" just a lots of talent on the field ahead of him,,,,and he is very good imo....

He was recruited as a WR/CB. I heard that he was tasked to play WR, but who knows. Redshirt just means one more year to mature.

I was checking the roster released yesterday, and Marquin Russell is no longer on it. A roster released about a week ago DID have him on it. Is he gone or is there a mistake in the rosters? He was supposed to have redshirted last year.

oGriz said:
I was checking the roster released yesterday, and Marquin Russell is no longer on it. A roster released about a week ago DID have him on it. Is he gone or is there a mistake in the rosters? He was supposed to have redshirted last year.

Another thread touched on this. In a nutshell, he's gone. Apparently he'd rather smoke weed.

No-show for camp, tweeting about "a blunt a day keeps the doctor away". I think he found other priorities in life.

Back