• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Awful Montana State Bobcat Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

HookedonGriz

DONOR
For your viewing pleasure, I present the video that was removed from YouTube by the Bobcats themselves after it wound up on EGriz and we started having too much fun with it. This is darn-near a masterpiece!!! The world cannot be stripped of such awesomeness and it must be shared!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShNIj5yICQo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

oh and Go Griz!!

LOL! Awesome, thanks for preserving the evidence for many, many more to "enjoy". Unbelieveable... :thumb:

Jaymerz said:
LOL! Awesome, thanks for preserving the evidence for many, many more to "enjoy". Unbelieveable... :thumb:
Amen to that! :clap:

As we (I called my wife in to share the fun) watched, it made me think of the lamest karaoke bar, way late in the evening, when everyone has had way, way too much.

Too funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Uhhhh holy crap that was a bunch of S.C.A.T by the Bob Cats. C.A.T.S we created this P.O.S and we are so proud of T.H.A.T !!

Truly what a joke.... :lol: :lol: :puke:

By saying people do not have a sense of humor with that video means that it was funny. That remark in that video was NOT funny. It was totally insensitive to people that this incident had a profound effect on their lives. To me it's an embarassment as a Cat fan. Taking it off YouTube was the right thing to do. To keep carrying it on shows just as poor judgement as those that produced it.

If the owner of Universal Athletics is going to do a video that tasteless we aught to reward him by no longer buying from his stores. Wonder what a boycott of the Missoula store would do for his business??

I simply found the video funny and hilarious. That's the reason I posted it. I was not offended by the one line in there. If the Griz had a video like this and some Cat fans gotta hold of it and put it out there to poke some fun at us, then I would laughg right along with them. I'd be the first to admit that it was a funny train wreck. Man people need a better sense of humor....on both sides of the coin. It was harmless and folks are getting a kick out of it. Deep breaths people.

signedbewildered said:
"I can't understand why you think it is so awful." ~ Cat fan and friend of the creators

I'm sorry....maybe "awful" was the wrong choice of a descriptor. I should have used funny or goofy I guess. In my opinion it was quite hilarious and harmless.....but at the same time not very good. My bad

signedbewildered said:
"I can't understand why you think it is so awful." ~ Cat fan and friend of the creators
I could understand being friends with those two old guys. I bet they're great at party's. I'd be embarrassed to admit I was a cat fan though. You might want to keep that on the DL.

HookedonGriz said:
I simply found the video funny and hilarious. That's the reason I posted it. I was not offended by the one line in there. If the Griz had a video like this and some Cat fans gotta hold of it and put it out there to poke some fun at us, then I would laughg right along with them. I'd be the first to admit that it was a funny train wreck. Man people need a better sense of humor....on both sides of the coin. It was harmless and folks are getting a kick out of it. Deep breaths people.

It is harmless if it was done by college students at MSU. Still in bad taste but part of a good rivalry. The fact that it was done by two 60+ year old men makes it pathetic. The fact that those two men must be reasonably intelligent men based on their personal successes makes their line tasteless and crass. The fact that those men created Montana based businesses that have been supported by fans of both schools makes it stupid. So in summary it's a pathetic, tasteless, crass and stupid way to support a program that is trying to take the next step. I for one am done with their businesses simply because they got personal and made a joke of some kids, boys and girls, whose lives will never be the same.

I really do not have any idea of why it was pulled off by the Bobcats but expect it was a licensing issue for the tune by the Village People. As a Griz fan, I found the video fine.

Perhaps it was intended to be parody of badly produced sports fan videos? In that case it was BRILLIANT. However, I still agree this one of those things you trot out at your own private party once everyone is liquored past rational and have a snicker. Other than that, best not to let it out In the wild. Oops, too late...

EastCoastGriz said:
If the owner of Universal Athletics is going to do a video that tasteless we aught to reward him by no longer buying from his stores. Wonder what a boycott of the Missoula store would do for his business??

That would have a more profound effect on the workers and managers of the Missoula store who live in Missoula and cheer for the Griz. One of which is Colt Anderson's brother.

I met a CAT fan the other night, and I told him I was alumnus of U of M. He replied, “You mean Rape U?” Sort of irritated me, as I had (Murder U, Meth U, etc) in the back of my mind, but I kept my cool; and said, “Wait until Nov. buddy, when we are raping you on your home field!” Getting pretty sick of “Little Brother” Fans!

Bobcatmaniac said:
Nobody has a sense of humor. Sad...
Since when are rape jabs part of a sense of humor. Dafaq is wrong with you? This was a serious ordeal a year ago. A person's life and reputation was on the line. But we're all assholes over here for givin your oh so precious QB crap for being overrated or gettin hurt but it's ok for scat fans to throw around rape jabs? Wow. :roll:

If it was your son or daughter involved in the issue, you probably wouldn't think it was fine or funny. Enough is enough for these kids. Let's move on to the honest to goodness rivalry of football between MSU and UM and get off the issues that are not football related. The video would have been fine without the reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back