Cal Poly vs. PSU

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS

Cal Poly vs. PSU

Postby bigkid » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:48 pm

Just noticed that this game is televised on Root TV on Thursday night starting at 8pm.
bigkid
My PC is stuck on eGriz

I am a fan of: University of MT

Re: Cal Poly vs. PSU

Postby Mr. Greenjeans » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:51 pm

bigkid wrote:Just noticed that this game is televised on Root TV on Thursday night starting at 8pm.

Should be an interesting contest...I'll be keeping an eye on it.
Mr. Greenjeans
Full time eGrizzer

I am a fan of: Griz

Postby alabamagrizzly » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:24 am

It's gonna be a real test to see what PSU is all about. I'm giving the nod to PSU cus it's in Portland and Cal Poly hasn't shown me they're the team they were last year
"In Bill's(Wild Bill Kelly) tragic death there might be some message for the college society that basks in the glory of the football team and the individual heroes, but overlooks the fact that they are like the rest of us with conflicts, fears, frustrations, and weakness."-Joseph Cochran, friend of Kelly's
alabamagrizzly
Full time eGrizzer

I am a fan of: Montana Griz

Postby Buttegrizzle » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:34 am

bigkid wrote:Just noticed that this game is televised on Root TV on Thursday night starting at 8pm.

Thanks for the notice BigKid, its great to watch other BSC schools once in a while, esp on a Thursday! Helps get me from Monday Night Football to Friday night lights, you know?
Fat people are harder to kidnap.
Buttegrizzle
Full time eGrizzer

I am a fan of: U of M

Postby jodcon » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:26 am

bump
jodcon
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

I am a fan of: The U

Postby OldtiredGRiz » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:10 am

I'm looking forward to some Thursday night Big Sky football. A former work colleague and occasional golf buddy of mine played on the O line for Portland State many moons ago -- he and I always share some ribbing when the Griz and PSU face off...he'll be at the game tonight, so I will make sure to bug him with a text or two. I hope they draw a decent crowd.
If you make every game a life-and-death thing, you're going to have problems. You'll be dead alot -- Dean Smith.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro -- Hunter S. Thompson
OldtiredGRiz
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby uofmman1122 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:18 am

I picked PSU in the Big Sky Challenge.

Don't let me down, Vikings. :evil:
uofmman1122
My PC is stuck on eGriz

I am a fan of: Metrosexual Uniforms

Postby NLGrizFan » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:08 pm

uofmman1122 wrote:I picked PSU in the Big Sky Challenge.

Don't let me down, Vikings. :evil:

Me too. The Stangs aren't even close to who they were last season. I thought they could be but I think I was very wrong. Not lookin good for CP this season. Hard to believe they're still in the top 25 along with a few others. CP seems to be a sinking ship, not quite as fast as msu but its still sinking.
GO GRIZ
NLGrizFan
My PC is stuck on eGriz

I am a fan of: Griz & ( . Y . )

Postby grizeyes » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:04 pm

X3 Another pick for PSU. Wish I could watch it - have to settle for all the excitement of the stats page........
"There's only two things in life that make it worth livin'; that's guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women." Well, make that Griz Football and firm feelin' women!
grizeyes
eGrizzer in Training

I am a fan of: Montana

Postby GrizPDX » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:47 pm

I'll be there for my first PSU game. Looking forward to the match up. Many people involved in the sports community have been talking about ways to get butts in the seats out here and get the Portland area involved in their team again. With the Ducks and Beavers only 90-120 minutes away it is difficult for the school to grab the attention of the city it seems like.

I'll always be a Griz, but it'd be nice to see more interest in a fellow conference school in such a large market (for our conference anyways). I'll be sure to follow up with what I saw.
GrizPDX
eGrizzer in Training

I am a fan of: The Griz

Postby Jaredkuehn » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:57 pm

GrizPDX wrote:I'll be there for my first PSU game. Looking forward to the match up. Many people involved in the sports community have been talking about ways to get butts in the seats out here and get the Portland area involved in their team again. With the Ducks and Beavers only 90-120 minutes away it is difficult for the school to grab the attention of the city it seems like.

I'll always be a Griz, but it'd be nice to see more interest in a fellow conference school in such a large market (for our conference anyways). I'll be sure to follow up with what I saw.

They have been trying to put butts in the seats for years. I think they had a nice attendance bump for a season or two when Jerry Glanville was there, but they never ultimately put the product on the field and attendance fell off. Portland is right in the middle of PAC12 country. UO, OSU, UW and WSU all an easy drive away and Cal/Stanford not much farther. I spent 7 years in Portland and it was tough being a Griz fan/FCS fan. Maybe a Thursday night televised game will generate some excitement. I'll be watching tonight from Missoula, and hope they get a good turn out. Any Big Sky airtime we can get is good for the conference, IMHO.
Jaredkuehn
eGrizzer

Postby PDXGrizzly » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:17 pm

GrizPDX wrote:I'll be there for my first PSU game. Looking forward to the match up. Many people involved in the sports community have been talking about ways to get butts in the seats out here and get the Portland area involved in their team again. With the Ducks and Beavers only 90-120 minutes away it is difficult for the school to grab the attention of the city it seems like.

I am a Portland native, so I've been to my fair share of PSU games. I think that once they establish some sort of pattern of winning, more people will be interested. They just don't have any tradition at the school and a very apathetic student body. It sounds bad, but they need some bandwagon fans. I hope they do well, they have been so close to being a good football program but have just never been able to pull it out.

Well, I'm off to the game. Cheers!
PDXGrizzly
eGrizzer in Training

I am a fan of: MONTANA

Postby get'em_griz » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:09 pm

For how nice that stadium is now, its a shame that it's so empty...

I love Griz football! http://www.facebook.com/montanagrizzliesfootballfans

Playoff appearances: '88, '89, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

NC Appearances: '95, '96, '00,[ '01, '04, '08, '09
get'em_griz
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby RobGriz » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:19 pm

PSU's fans are great...if you like a$$holes. Went to three games there over the years never failed to get cussed at. After we won of course.
The only place to find a good lawyer is the morgue
RobGriz
My PC is stuck on eGriz

I am a fan of: Kat Dennings

Postby NikeGrizz » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:22 pm

PSU has a tank of a QB 6'2" 245
NikeGrizz
Full time eGrizzer

I am a fan of: The Griz

Postby alabamagrizzly » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:25 pm

That was quick. PSU 7-0. 43 yrs run by McDonagh to the one
Last edited by alabamagrizzly on Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In Bill's(Wild Bill Kelly) tragic death there might be some message for the college society that basks in the glory of the football team and the individual heroes, but overlooks the fact that they are like the rest of us with conflicts, fears, frustrations, and weakness."-Joseph Cochran, friend of Kelly's
alabamagrizzly
Full time eGrizzer

I am a fan of: Montana Griz

Postby hm.grwn.grizfan » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:26 pm

NikeGrizz wrote:PSU has a tank of a QB 6'2" 245

He's got some wheels too!
hm.grwn.grizfan
Full time eGrizzer

I am a fan of: U of M

Postby stubbins » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:28 pm

psu scores on first pos....7-0
The amazing thermos! Keeps hot stuff hot and cold stuff cold...how does it know?

f*** Royce
stubbins
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby stubbins » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:29 pm

3 and out for poly...
The amazing thermos! Keeps hot stuff hot and cold stuff cold...how does it know?

f*** Royce
stubbins
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby RobGriz » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:39 pm

GRIZ are going to run the ball down Piece of Sh1t University's throat
RobGriz
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby get'em_griz » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:44 pm

Cal Poly picks off PSU at the 1 yard line.

Playoff appearances: '88, '89, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

get'em_griz
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby get'em_griz » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:53 pm

Touchdown PSU. 14-0.

Cal Poly's defense is terrible... and I actually picked these guys to win in the Big Sky Challenge! :evil:

get'em_griz
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby AZGrizFan » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:54 pm

Poly is overmatched.
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.
AZGrizFan
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

I am a fan of: The Sinkin' Ship!

Postby RobGriz » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:56 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:Poly is overmatched.

They appear to be running in concrete
RobGriz
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby signedbewildered » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:57 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:Poly is overmatched.

....or overrated? Or is PSU underrated as some have mentioned?
signedbewildered
Full time eGrizzer

I am a fan of: GRIZ and Red Dirt

Next

Return to Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS