• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Will this be Delaney's final year?

GrizzleMoose

What does Griz Nation think? I for one think he has done an exceptional job with what he had! With that being said, I think we need to bring in a dynamic younger coach to add some spark to the program. Granted, if they are successful, they will be gone in a few years but I really think that we are in need of an up and comer to spark some life into Griz Nation. I don't think Delaney will be fired unless we have a complete melt down but there needs to come a time when he just needs to pull the trigger and step down with a "job well done", now let's move on!

Granted anything and everything COULD happen, but consider two generalized outcomes and ask yourself how you'd feel about the team going into 2015.

1. The Griz either win the Big Sky or have a very strong finish in the conference. They win at least 1 playoff game, if not a few, or who knows... even get to the title game. The offense is more consistent than last year on a game to game basis and the defense shows good improvements too. Recruiting is solid early on and things look good headed into 2015.

2. The Griz finish falls short of expectations in the regular season, they either squeak into the playoffs or miss them entirely.

----------

If the 1st scenario - or something along those lines occurs and the season is viewed as generally being successful then I'd love it if Mick would return as long as he's got the passion and desire to do so.

statler & waldorf said:
If he gave a damn about Griz football, he would have retired long ago. Its all about Mick.

Ha. That's rich.

So the guy retires, goes on his dream of a lifetime trip to the Masters, and moves back to Butte.

Then upon the firing of Robin Pflugrad he cuts his trip short, moves back to Missoula, and keeps the whole team together. I heard his post-practice speeches at just about this point two years ago. I've seen the work and care that he puts into the program.

It was never about Mick. It was and always has been "about the kids" as he'd say it.

statler & waldorf said:
If he gave a damn about Griz football, he would have retired long ago. Its all about Mick.
As BW said we are very lucky that Mick cared so much about the players to delay retirement!!!!

BWahlberg said:
statler & waldorf said:

Ha. That's rich.

So the guy retires, goes on his dream of a lifetime trip to the Masters, and moves back to Butte.

Then upon the firing of Robin Pflugrad he cuts his trip short, moves back to Missoula, and keeps the whole team together. I heard his post-practice speeches at just about this point two years ago. I've seen the work and care that he puts into the program.

It was never about Mick. It was and always has been "about the kids" as he'd say it.
The board has been split on this from day one, and today is still the status quo...No one seems to be wavering much from their original positions... :egriz:

Mick will be the head coach in 2015 and this time, and quite possibly will be offered a three-year deal before the Wyoming game. BOOK IT

havgrizfan said:
Mick will be the head coach in 2015 and this time, and quite possibly will be offered a three-year deal before the Wyoming game. BOOK IT

Wow!!! Mick could sign a three year deal AND then quite possibly go 0-2 against Wyoming and NDSU....kind of a buzzkill don't you think :mrgreen:

We are super lucky to have mick. I used to not be a big fan but I grew into one after I've seen what he's done with this program. I think he's a class act. I am NOT however a fan of our offensive and defensive coordinators whoever they are

Teton Cat said:
havgrizfan said:

Wow!!! Mick could sign a three year deal AND then quite possibly go 0-2 against Wyoming and NDSU....kind of a buzzkill don't you think :mrgreen:

I assume you know that NDSU is the 4th game of the season. Yes, it's possible that a coach could sign a contract renewal and lose 2 games. Does this possibility surprise you? Hauck signed a contract extension several years ago, and only won 2 games the next season. Were you the one posting on the UNLV message board then, saying that Hauck could be getting an extension and going to lose 10 games that season?

PlayerRep said:
Teton Cat said:
havgrizfan said:

I assume you know that NDSU is the 4th game of the season. Yes, it's possible that a coach could sign a contract renewal and lose 2 games. Does this possibility surprise you? Hauck signed a contract extension several years ago, and only won 2 games the next season. Were you the one posting on the UNLV message board then, saying that Hauck could be getting an extension and going to lose 10 games that season?

Nope PR....wasn't me. Unlike you I only have one screen name no matter what board it is. As for UNLV & Hauck....surely you must realize that winning a couple of conference games is met with much enthusiasm, hand clapping, and the coach is rewarded with a multi-year contract...if that happened at UM he'd be put on the first bus back to Butte

Teton Cat said:
PlayerRep said:
Teton Cat said:
havgrizfan said:

Nope PR....wasn't me. Unlike you I only have one screen name no matter what board it is. As for UNLV & Hauck....surely you must realize that winning a couple of conference games is met with much enthusiasm, hand clapping, and the coach is rewarded with a multi-year contract...if that happened at UM he'd be put on the first bus back to Butte
and...with a sh!t "Q"...no speed at the wr position your scats revert back to your old ways...maybe 6 wins...however YOU continue to do what YOU do best...Legendary Douchebag.. :lol: :lol: Loser... :egriz:

rimrockgriz said:
Teton Cat said:
PlayerRep said:
Teton Cat said:

and...with a sh!t "Q"...no speed at the wr position your scats revert back to your old ways...maybe 6 wins...however YOU continue to do what YOU do best...Legendary Douchebag.. :lol: :lol: Loser... :egriz:

I don't think our QB next year will be sh!t. I do think we need more speed at WR, but it is only Spring ball, so you never know. TR might end up being a WR because right now he is the 3rd best QB we have.

I had a Cat friend text me to say that Roderick left the team. I find that hard to believe, though. Cat fans, any word on that?

EverettGriz said:
I had a Cat friend text me to say that Roderick left the team. I find that hard to believe, though. Cat fans, any word on that?
:lol: I like how you're sticking with the whole 'I'm not on BN anymore' game. You have consistency; I'll give you that although I'm pretty sure you are actually on there reading this stuff for yourself.

Anyway, it's hard to say right now what's happening with T-Rod. I'd say any outcome is on the table including hanging up the cleats, but to say he’s officially left the team is premature. The most recent post by Tomcat suggests he'll be back and this is all temporary. My prediction is that he'll be back at WR and the pursuit of QB is over.

EverettGriz said:

He is taking "Time Off". I don't know what that means, but I do know that he has not stepped up enough to contend for the starting QB job through Spring drills. Prucop has stood out, in my mind, as the best QB right now. Bleskin has been great as well, but DP has shown he is ready, and MAN does he have a great arm. He is also very fast. Tanner has struggled this spring. Coming from someone who has never had an inch of athletic ability (myself) it would be tough to wrap your mind around why things that came so easy, are now not.

Thanks Sac. "Taking time off" this time of year (spring ball) certainly sounds odd. But I'm not surprised Prucup is playing well. I thought he was a great signing.

ABQ, I don't read bcn. But I appreciate the info on Roderick.

When is it going to be Gregoraks final year? I don't know about you but i'm tired of watching us getting our butts handed to us on the other side of the ball.. Our defensive scheme is vanilla as fukc!

I hope so. Ideally we clean house and bring in a whole new staff after the 2014 season.
But there is no way our spineless President and puppet AD would ever make such a move. They'd prefer to retain all of Pflugrad’s staff, which makes zero sense from a leadership standpoint.

People talk like Delaney inherited some disaster and we’re damn lucky he has us where we are. I just don't buy into that. We looked terrible last year and the only thing that saved the season was the on-field talent brought in by Pflu.

This staff is a joke.

Back