• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jordan Tripp had a visit with the Eagles the other day

BWahlberg

DONOR
Nice little article on Jordy, although they call him an inside linebacker... when he wasn't. Regardless it's great to see that both Tripp and Coyle have really taken a solid FCS career and really put themselves in the spotlight through great scouting games, the combine for Tripp, Pro Day for Coyle - and now both have their stock rising.

http://nfldraftdiamonds.com/eagles-have-small-school-linebacker-jordan-tripp-in-for-a-visit/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Arrogant? Cocky? Or confident? With words/statements like that, dude had better BALL in the NFL.

AZGrizFan said:
Arrogant? Cocky? Or confident? With words/statements like that, dude had better BALL in the NFL.

His comment about not sounding arrogant kinda reminded me of Richard Sherman :lol:

his arms are too short, as evidenced by the nau game in missoula 2 years ago. a feint straight ahead, followed by a relatively wide veer to the right or left, followed by a move to the middle. that gets him to cross his arms and fall down, ultimately arms akimbo.

argh! said:
his arms are too short, as evidenced by the nau game in missoula 2 years ago. a feint straight ahead, followed by a relatively wide veer to the right or left, followed by a move to the middle. that gets him to cross his arms and fall down, ultimately arms akimbo.

you are right ltc and snap, fixing the trigger made all the difference!

get'em_griz said:
AZGrizFan said:

His comment about not sounding arrogant kinda reminded me of Richard Sherman :lol:

"I don't mean to sound arrogant" is pretty much the perfect segue into sounding arrogant. Reminds me of when Simeon Rice said "Nobody in the NFL can block me.", then shouldn't you have like 500 sacks per season?

I have no problem with Jordan Tripp being confident/cocky, if he turns out to be half the player Richard Sherman is some NFL team is going to be very happy.

SaskGriz said:
get'em_griz said:
AZGrizFan said:

"I don't mean to sound arrogant" is pretty much the perfect segue into sounding arrogant. Reminds me of when Simeon Rice said "Nobody in the NFL can block me.", then shouldn't you have like 500 sacks per season?

I have no problem with Jordan Tripp being confident/cocky, if he turns out to be half the player Richard Sherman is some NFL team is going to be very happy.
:lol: :lol:
Well, after words like that he'd better have his head on a swivel at camp.

I found it interesting that they commented on being from Montana. You would have thought Colt Anderson would have dispelled the thinking that being from the FCS and Montana means you can't play at the highest level.

putter said:
I found it interesting that they commented on being from Montana. You would have thought Colt Anderson would have dispelled the thinking that being from the FCS and Montana means you can't play at the highest level.

We need more Montana players on the EAGLES!!!!! :thumb:

I'm not worried about Jordan making statements or sounding arrogant... Freedom of speech to get your ass kicked... or not... Based on his showing at the Senior Bowl and combine, The scouts and GM's and coaches aren't looking away...

Maybe he said it to motivate himself to work harder, being that he has to back it up 100% now...

Maybe he hasn't gotten his initiation into Adult life, AKA getting the ass kicking every man deserves that removes the "My shit doesn't stink" thinking...

Whether he is humbled by his first blown assignment or getting pancaked by a ridiculously huge OL, he will get his... That being said, he seems smart enough to avoid both of those traps...

SEEMS

putter said:

I get what you are saying, but if it wasn't dispelled by Walter Payton and Jerry Rice, among countless others, it never will... 1-AA players will always have a bigger hill to climb... The advantage for the Griz is there is an ever expanding pipeline around the NFL...

Unfortunately, too late for my favorite that didn't get the chance... Dave D

Back