• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky Vs. FBS Opponents

Bertram

eGriz Club
DONOR
All 13 Big Sky Football teams have at least 1 FBS opponent game this season. Any predictions on overall outcome of these 17 games?

Cal Poly - at New Mexico State (Aug. 28)
Eastern Washington - at Washington (Sept. 6)
Idaho State - at Utah (Aug. 28), at Utah State (Sept. 6)
Montana - at Wyoming (Aug. 30)
Montana State - at Arkansas State (Aug. 30)
North Dakota - at San Jose State (Aug. 28)
Northern Arizona - at San Diego State (Aug. 30)
Northern Colorado - at UNLV (Sept. 6)
Portland State - at Oregon State (Aug. 30), at Washington State (Sept. 13)
Sacramento State - at California (Sept. 6)
Southern Utah - at Nevada (Aug. 30), at Fresno State (Sept. 20)
UC Davis - at Stanford (Aug. 30), at Colorado State (Sept. 13)
Weber State - at Arizona State (Aug. 28)

The Sports Network did a recent article on these plus all of the rest of FCS Vs. FBS match ups this year: FCS VS FBS

Bertram said:
All 13 Big Sky Football teams have at least 1 FBS opponent game this season. Any predictions on overall outcome of these 17 games?

Cal Poly - at New Mexico State (Aug. 28)
Eastern Washington - at Washington (Sept. 6)
Idaho State - at Utah (Aug. 28), at Utah State (Sept. 6)
Montana - at Wyoming (Aug. 30)
Montana State - at Arkansas State (Aug. 30)
North Dakota - at San Jose State (Aug. 28)
Northern Arizona - at San Diego State (Aug. 30)
Northern Colorado - at UNLV (Sept. 6)
Portland State - at Oregon State (Aug. 30), at Washington State (Sept. 13)
Sacramento State - at California (Sept. 6)
Southern Utah - at Nevada (Aug. 30), at Fresno State (Sept. 20)
UC Davis - at Stanford (Aug. 30), at Colorado State (Sept. 13)
Weber State - at Arizona State (Aug. 28)
Potential wins are Cal Poly, Eastern Washington, Montana, Montana State, Sac State, SUU (against Nevada). We probably win 3 of those 6.

Well since it's the Big Sky I will go out on a limb and say 1-16 even though my gut says 0-17.

Trying to put lipstick on this pig...........and be more positive.

NDSU would be 15-2

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Well since it's the Big Sky I will go out on a limb and say 1-16 even though my gut says 0-17.

Trying to put lipstick on this pig...........and be more positive.

NDSU would be 15-2

Trying to put lipstick on a pig??? Is it date night already for ALPHAGRIZ?

Not anymore, I sent your wife back because she doesn't meet my weight requirements. Knock 75 off and then get back to me.

:coffee:

0-17 or 1-16

UM and CP are the only ones really in the realm of possibility

Unless U-Dub or Arky State majorly sh#t the bed

I think the earlier the game the better chance of a BSC win. Seems like most of those FCS over FBS wins are in the first week or two while the suprise factor is still there and superior depth is not as crucial. How does UW look this year? the Eagles put one on OSU last year, first game up for both I think. That might be a Big Sky win. I don't see Weber beating ASU though it could be tight until the coin toss.

I c little chance for EWash. Nothing against them but they caught a pretty good Ore St team way off gaurd and no way to solve Adams. If u think Udub won't b jus a "little" more prepared for the 1-AA freak that is Vernon Adams, then I'm sure they will edgucate u on game day

alabamagrizzly said:
I c little chance for EWash. Nothing against them but they caught a pretty good Ore St team way off gaurd and no way to solve Adams. If u think Udub won't b jus a "little" more prepared for the 1-AA freak that is Vernon Adams, then I'm sure they will edgucate u on game day

You are probably right, I just didn't know what shape the Huskies were in for this year. I know they don't have Sarkesian (sp?) but that doesn't mean a step down. I speak as a Riders fan, he is known up here as a very nice guy who had the weakest arm ever seen in the CFL. I know that doesn't mean squat as a coach, just like to remember watching him trying to throw the out on the wide field into the wind, wait I don't like remembering that.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I bet Shooter throws 4 INT jump balls against UDUB.
I wouldn't be surprised. UW will definitely be more prepared this time and they have the athletes to win those jump ball throws. They will at least be coached to just knock the ball down to avoid the reception.

SaskGriz said:
I think the earlier the game the better chance of a BSC win. Seems like most of those FCS over FBS wins are in the first week or two while the suprise factor is still there and superior depth is not as crucial. How does UW look this year? the Eagles put one on OSU last year, first game up for both I think. That might be a Big Sky win. I don't see Weber beating ASU though it could be tight until the coin toss.

UW is going through a lot of changes and this could be an advantage for the Eagles. New coach, new quarterback, new runningback, etc. However, they return a lot of talented players. Even with these advantages, I don't think EWU will prevail. However, I predicted a loss against OSU last year and was wrong on that front.

If EWU managed to beat UW, it would be huge for recruitment within Washington State. I shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch, though.

I think the teams with the highest chance of winning an FBS game next year are as follows, respectively.

1. Cal Poly: Seriously, New Mexico State sucks. And the 2014 Mustangs should be pretty decent.

2. Montana: Wyoming isn't a terrible football program. It all depends on what kind of team the 2014 Grizzlies are. In my opinion, the Grizzlies have a lot to prove after their playoff performance this year, but have all the weapons to make a statement vs Wyoming.

3. Eastern Washington: See post above

Order of chance of winning.
1 Cal Poly
2 S. Utah
3 State
4 Griz
The cats have historically-last 15 years, played FBS teams better then the Griz.
I don't think anyone else has a chance of winning, but really long shots NAU

Cats will beat Arkansas State. You know how when you play your first nine or 18 holes of the spring, you shoot one of your best rounds of the year? It will be kinda like that. Cats will over perform and win that game. But they will also lose to Central Arkansas and Eastern Washington at home later on.

NativeGriz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I wouldn't be surprised. UW will definitely be more prepared this time and they have the athletes to win those jump ball throws. They will at least be coached to just knock the ball down to avoid the reception.

Tough to win a jump ball when it's raining hot lead. We'll see if they have to "comply" with Shoota's threats like OSU and UM had to last year. Seriously, the fact none of this has come to light yet is beyond me. I understand waiting until after the playoffs, but it's been months now . . .

havgrizfan said:
Cats will beat Arkansas State. You know how when you play your first nine or 18 holes of the spring, you shoot one of your best rounds of the year? It will be kinda like that. Cats will over perform and win that game. But they will also lose to Central Arkansas and Eastern Washington at home later on.

Eh, I don't buy it. Arkansas State is an FBS team that finished with a better record than Montana State did. Without Mcghee, Kirk, and Daly, the cats are in trouble.

CDAGRIZ said:
NativeGriz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Tough to win a jump ball when it's raining hot lead. We'll see if they have to "comply" with Shoota's threats like OSU and UM had to last year. Seriously, the fact none of this has come to light yet is beyond me. I understand waiting until after the playoffs, but it's been months now . . .

I love that we have a quarterback so accurate that the Griz refer to him as Shoota. We are truly blessed.

Back