• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Most Over Hyped Players in Griz History

Gerald Kemp was the best athlete this school has had in decades!! the numbers don't back me, but anybody in the organization would agree strongly with me. I'm not saying there weren't other great athletes in that stretch either!

Elite_Griz_Lover15 said:
Gerald Kemp was the best athlete this school has had in decades!! the numbers don't back me, but anybody in the organization would agree strongly with me. I'm not saying there weren't other great athletes in that stretch either!

Also lets just stop this "Kemp is the most underutilized player we have ever had" BS, 2 or 3 coaches decided he wasnt good enough to be on this field so it was ALL on him. It wasnt a personal vendetta from a single coach it was just that he wasnt as good as you guys wanted him to be.

No amount of Re/Max saying hes "too athletic to be on the bench" is ever going to change that, in fact quotes from him are just more reinforcement to the contrary.

We have 5 players on our roster right now more athletic than Kemp so just stop.

Elite_Griz_Lover15 said:
Agree 100%. The guy was not hyped enough or maybe he would have seen more playing time.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Who is in your top 5?

1. Gerald Kemp
2. Brandon Neill
3. Josh Swogger
4. Trevor Poole
5. Tim Parks

Your list is way off. The list has to start with the boy from BYU.

NO WAY GK is on that list.

Brandon Neil is another example of a guy that did not get a chance to prove himself. We don't lose to the cats if he plays vs keeping an injured Edwards on the field. Even Cliff was upset with that decision.

How the F is Trevor Poole even on that list? He's still on the team, has been a 2 year starter, and is going to probably be on a pre-season all conference teams.

Over-Hyped IMO would be those incredible "game changer" transfers that never even played a down. Ryan Kessman, Tab Perry, Ronnie Rodamer, guys like that

BWahlberg said:
Over-Hyped IMO would be those incredible "game changer" transfers that never even played a down. Ryan Kessman, Tab Perry, Ronnie Rodamer, guys like that
Well at least AG makes you laugh. I dont believe he was actually serious-at least I hope not. As for the guys above, Kessman was #1 on my list. Tad Perry was a huge disappointment-high hopes and to lesser degree Rodamer.

BWahlberg said:

Rodamer played, right? One game with one catch? :lol:

After thinking for awhile, I think Nate Montana may be the most overhyped.

Maynardsgametrail said:
BWahlberg said:

I don't think he did, I think he left the team halfway thru fall camp.

On the Nate Montana thread one could also put Adam Brzczheck (sp) in there too.

BWahlberg said:
Maynardsgametrail said:
BWahlberg said:

I don't think he did, I think he left the team halfway thru fall camp.

On the Nate Montana thread one could also put Adam Brzczheck (sp) in there too.

He did. Just googled it for my own curiosity. In 3 games he had 4 catches for 15 yards. 2 of those came against the ass raping in Sam Houston.

MGT out!!

Hands down, Gerald Kemp. A lot of delusional fans stayed on that trip right till the end. So did G-Money.

Why do you hate guys that piss excellence?
Why do you hate over achievers?
Why do you hate years of proven success?
Why do you the stone cold honesty that oozes greatness?
Why do you hate the pinnacle of performance at NC levels?

Why do you hate your life, it cant be all bad.............or can it?

Face it Dan, this place needs MORE AG1 setting the bar high and not bowing to the PC crowd to lower it when the going gets tough. I am like Sirius satellite radio, non stop 24/7 rock and roll,

warning_contains_opinions_that_may_offend_you_mous_mousepad-p144587535102567648trak_400-252x150.jpg

Parental discretion is advised.

Of all the Griz Players in recent years, I can only think of two who were over-hyped.

1. E.A. Dobrey. He was completely undersized for a DE at 5-11; 175.

2, William C. "Wild Bill" Kelly. Though he was ultimately a College Football Hall of Fame inductee, I was never a fan of his passing mechanics. As NY Times reporter Dick Stanky put it, "Some 5,000 people in attendance didn't know if Wild Bill was throwing a deep post, or coming across second base from the six spot to turn a double play."

Wild-Bill-Kelly2.jpg

I hate to say it but the whole 2013 team was somewhat over hyped IMO. At least on this board anyway. After some early dominant wins against weak opponents, many were ready to breakout the champaign because the team was going to chase a national title. The chants of "Redemption tour" and "bring on NDSU"were often heard during the first half of the season.
Bitter arguments broke out about the significants of the early stats as fan excitement grew
and seemed to wiped away the bad memories of 2012. Maybe some Griz fans just wanted their team back on top so bad that they temporarily lost their heads. The 2013 team was an improved version of the 2012 team with JJ back but it was never going on a deep playoff run like many Griz fans thought.

Back