• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Most Under Hyped (Least Over Hyped) Players in Griz History

Like the mention of Ah Yat, agree for sure.

A few others:

Tyler Joyce

Austin Mullins

Erik Allen

BWahlberg said:

A few others:

Tyler Joyce

Austin Mullins

Erik Allen

Kind of have to disagree with Joyce and Allen. I remember both being pretty well thought of when they came here.

grizatwork said:
BWahlberg said:

A few others:

Tyler Joyce

Austin Mullins

Erik Allen

Kind of have to disagree with Joyce and Allen. I remember both being pretty well thought of when they came here.
I agree. Allen coming out of OSU was expected to product and Joyce was hyped a bit, but there was some concern about the non-qualifier stuff. He turned out great. Austin was not hyped. Good motor.

A few additions to this: Alex Verlanic, Brock Coyle (he flew under the radar compared to Tripp, and very few thought he'd have a shot at the NFL prior to this past year), Bienneman (sp?), Beaudin, Phfaler (sp?).

AllWeatherFan said:
1. Marc Mariani
2. Colt Anderson
3. "Wild Bill" Kelly
4. Steve Okoniewski

That was before my time but that'd be really sad if Anderson and Mariani were under hyped. Or are you
saying that they were under hyped before their arrival at UM? Those two are the definition of over achieving
producers.

CV Griz Fan said:
AllWeatherFan said:
1. Marc Mariani
2. Colt Anderson
3. "Wild Bill" Kelly
4. Steve Okoniewski

That was before my time but that'd be really sad if Anderson and Mariani were under hyped. Or are you
saying that they were under hyped before their arrival at UM? Those two are the definition of over achieving
producers.

I think he's talking about when they arrived at UM.... Thats the way i took it.

:twocents:

i agree with tyler joyce and would like to add mike murphy one of the best defensive ends in recent griz history. imo

Tim Hauck, a walk on after spending his freshman year at some Division 8 school. Then became BSC Defensive MVP and 14 year NFL player.

I know Joe Douglas was an FBS transfer but he was a F.....g Beast! I can still remember many of his ball busting plays. He rarely was over the top of his skis too. Shocking for me considering I had started the "Makers Mark" gig before the games :roll: ... :egriz: Yep, Joe D. really blew me away.

Back