• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lockerrooms and So On

grzz

DONOR
Yesterday, KPAX had a story interviewing Haslam talking about the various projects about to start or in the planning stages involving athletics. Of course they talked about the academic center, but they also showed drawings of a new softball complex on the South Campus ($1 Million!!), and sketches of the new building planned for beyond the south endzone. I have heard that talk on here for years, but that was the first time I have actually seen any drawings of that building.

Here is the KPAX article: http://www.kpax.com/news/um-athletics-moving-ahead-with-improvements/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No link to see the sketches, so I went to the UM website and the Grizzly Athletics website, and didn't find anything on either site...maybe I am blind and looked right past them. It seems to me if the Athletic Director is going to be interviewed on camera talking about future plans, and the reporter obviously has sketches to incorporate in to his story, that the University would want to have them in a viewable place on their website just in case a curious alum happened to want to learn more about it...you know, capitalize on the free press and maybe get lucky and raise a buck or two...

Anyone have any idea where I could see those?

The AD had access to them but as to my knowledge unless it gets approved they won't be released to the public. Word is fundraising is going very well

Try doing a google search using: drawings for proposed university of montana locker rooms

The first link under the pictures is a PDF for overall facility upgrade. For some reason I have not been able to get this link to open in here this morning.

This is the first link I come across, I did google it yesterday. I believe these are the drawings for when the weightroom was proposed to go where the are annex is, but it got voted down...

http://leto.msu.montana.edu/board/meetings/2012/Mar2012/AdminBudget/154-1013-R0312_a3.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mtgrizfankb, your explanation seems very plausible, though I am surprised they could show them on tv. I suppose someone could just email the athletic department and request to see them under the freedom of information act.

grzz said:
This is the first link I come across, I did google it yesterday. I believe these are the drawings for when the weightroom was proposed to go where the but it got voted down...

http://leto.msu.montana.edu/board/meetings/2012/Mar2012/AdminBudget/154-1013-R0312_a3.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mtgrizfankb, your explanation seems very plausible, though I am surprised they could show them on tv. I suppose someone could just email the athletic department and request to see them under the freedom of information act.

I just know that they don't want info going out to donors that they don't know if it will happen. They are purposing to big donors that this is not final and they are donating to a lockeroom project not guaranteed this exact concept. So maybe they just don't know enough on the specifics.

In the KPAX TV interview that showed the artist rendering of the new Grizzly Athletic Performance Center, AD Haslam commented that they have been showing the drawings to potential donors. I'm sure if you emailed him you could get the information.

Also, if you went to the spring scrimmage this evening or know somebody that did that happened to buy a program, the information and drawing is on page 15. This is a pretty neat looking facility. I believe I heard they are looking for $12M to complete it.

Thanks, I will track someone down.

Was it all of the drawings or just the academic center?

grzz said:
Thanks, I will track someone down.

Was it all of the drawings or just the academic center?

Page 14 has the Academic Center artist rendering and Page 15 has the Athletic Performance Center artist rendering. There is a good description of the facility improvement plan written on both pages.

ormjI8z.jpg

mtgrizfankb said:
That looks terrible

That's the plan I've seen, I think it looks pretty good, but the best part is on the inside - which is really cool.

If this plan can get funded and going it will be as big of a game-changer for the Montana Football program as the opening of Washington-Grizzly in 1986 was.

By the looks of the picture, it looks like those smaller tin-roof looking buildings will be the concessions? I think that the whole thing would look better if they just made the entire new construction look the same as the locker room off to the left, but I'm stoked that there is a plan in place to get this moving. I'm excited to see how much this will benefit the program like Brint mentioned building WGS did for the program.

Not thrilled with the exterior design but love the location in the south end zone.

Would be cool to see a design of how it will look from the stands.

I like that it's not so high that it blocks off the sun for those late season and playoff games. Yet should help the LOUD factor....

AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizfankb said:
That looks terrible

Well then drop $60 mil in their lap so they can level the stadium and do it right.
I'm not criticizing the cost I'm not impressed with the design of the exterior. It is a huge deal to the university im just not impressed. I think the should make the exterior similar to the rec center.

Back