• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Schye

Schye is already one of the 3 best players on this team.

He has great footwork and instinct, if he keeps healthy and puts the work in the film and weight room we are going to see one of the best ever at UM his ceiling is 167 floors and counting.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

He has great footwork and instinct, if he keeps healthy and puts the work in the film and weight room we are going to see one of the best ever at UM his ceiling is 167 floors and counting.

Quite a compliment for a kid who hasn't played one down yet of college ball...I hope you are right! Time will prove all!

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Slow down zippy.

I actually agree with your other statements, I think this kid could potentially go down as one of the best if he keeps at it like you posted.

3 best on the team.... No. Not meaning to knock the kid but I don't think he's even the best linebacker on the team at this moment (I think Van Ackeren is). He's good, darn good, maybe one of the better RS frosh I've seen at LB recently.

Slow down there zippy.

Please feel free to elaborate why you think Van Ack........tell us what VA does any better than Schye? I can't wait to read this.

Schye is the best player on defense and nobody else is even close..........as sad as that sounds. Another guy at LB that just has a nose for the ball and makes plays and also may be the best tackler is Lebsock. Still would let him play safety because he is always around the ball and he makes plays but hey let our Geriatric coach make that mistake.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Slow down there zippy.

Please feel free to elaborate why you think Van Ack........tell us what VA does any better than Schye? I can't wait to read this.

Schye is the best player on defense and nobody else is even close..........as sad as that sounds. Another guy at LB that just has a nose for the ball and makes plays and also may be the best tackler is Lebsock. Still would let him play safety because he is always around the ball and he makes plays but hey let our Geriatric coach make that mistake.

I concur with you on Lebsock at safety. He never got a chance because he didn't have the
the nude photos of MD like the two journeyman ahead of him.

reinell30 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Quite a compliment for a kid who hasn't played one down yet of college ball...I hope you are right! Time will prove all!

This thread is going to be moved to the Over-Hyped thread soon.

Does a player have to be a starter to be one of the best 3 players on the team?

Did you see the tackle he made in the scrimmage?

He was the best linebacker on the team last year. Too bad he was s redshirt. If he were eligible for the draft, he'd be first rounder.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Slow down there zippy.

You're saying Schye is better than Wagenmann, Holmes, Kidder, and Takai? Ok.... That kind of ruins your argument right there, especially saying he's better than Wagenmann and Holmes.

Van Ackeren covers better at this point and has shown quicker speed and better range. He's been more consistent in tackling and making stops. Additionally it would appear the Schye is still adapting to playing middle linebacker. He has lapses at times and gets out of position. From what I've seen KVA has not had nearly as many issues. Schye is going to become a beast and needs to be on the field as much as possible. I love what I see in this kid.

I HOPE your prediction is correct and I wouldn't bet against it either, I see that potential there and I've had feedback from players on last years team that suggests it as well. He's not there yet though.

Wagenmann is not consistent, he has lapses and is out of position quite often. Just not there yet.

Holmes? Oh was he the guy that didn't play last year? Or the guy that stepped back a lot from his freshman year?

Kidder solid

Takai meh, big and at times puts together a few nice series then disappears maybe he's hanging out with Holmes?

I will give you Van Ack covering better than Schye but that's the only thing he's better at.

There is a lot of talent on the bench, right where coach G wants them.....for some reason. Maybe he just forgets they are there and that this isn't a retirement home game befor lunch.

You are fu*king crazy if you think there are not better players that are not on the field! One would have to wonder what the hell you watched last year.....or even question if you ever REALLY played the game.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
There is a lot of talent on the bench, right where coach G wants them.....for some reason. Maybe he just forgets they are there and that this isn't a retirement home game befor lunch.

You are fu*king crazy if you think there are not better players that are not on the field! One would have to wonder what the hell you watched last year.....or even question if you ever REALLY played the game.

What?

I'm crazy if I think there are not better players that are not on the field.

Ok

So then, all knowing one, what I think you're trying to say is that there's better players on the bench than those starting right now. Who would that be? I would be interested to see who you're thinking of. I'm not saying you're wrong but I'm just curious your opinion.

BWahlberg said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

What?

I'm crazy if I think there are not better players that are not on the field.

Ok

So then, all knowing one, what I think you're trying to say is that there's better players on the bench than those starting right now. Who would that be? I would be interested to see who you're thinking of. I'm not saying you're wrong but I'm just curious your opinion.

Starting last year and just on defense McKinley, Gamboa, Lebsock.

Sorry but you will never convince me that even straight out of high school McKinley would not have been equal too or better than either of our corners and after 5-6 games hands down better. Gamboa or Lebsock would have made more plays than Tully, so what if they blow a few they couldn't have been less consistent than that guy for 3 years. I also think if you have to switch them to LB because that's what we do for some reason, Gamboa and Lebsock would have been equal to JP probably better because they have more speed and Lebsock can tackle better in the open field.

You put your best players on the field and let them make plays, it doesn't matter if they are Freshman or Seniors you don't give preference to a Senior that may be equal to a younger player play the better player. You and coach G agree, I don't.

Feel free to sweeten this post up with your "unbiased" outlook.

We can't wait

:coffee:

AllWeatherFan said:
But the real question is, would he make NDSU's roster?

Even though he is our best LB, not this year.

Next year when NDSU actually graduates all their core talent then yes I believe he could make their roster.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Wagenmann is not consistent, he has lapses and is out of position quite often. Just not there yet.

Holmes? Oh was he the guy that didn't play last year? Or the guy that stepped back a lot from his freshman year?

Kidder solid

Takai meh, big and at times puts together a few nice series then disappears maybe he's hanging out with Holmes?

I will give you Van Ack covering better than Schye but that's the only thing he's better at.
This is true stuff. One of the things I noticed watching Schye play Bball is in addition to good footwork, that he has outstanding peripheral vision. That is essential in the middle where he has to be alert to the whole field. Experience is his only handicap at this point. They won't be able to keep him off the field. Kose remains a health risk...

He has major issues still. Over commits....which you tore into Tripp about. Is slow side to side. Is prob 4-5th best as far as coverage is concerned. He will have trouble when teams like ewu shift a saftey onto him as he can't drop his shoulder like he does because of his size. This kid has tons of talent. But kose and van ack are better at linebacker. Kidder, wags, Holmes, nelson are all better players at this moment than schye.

Back