• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Nguyen Gate

ALPHAGRIZ1

I am just going to bump this thread each week until this guy is gone. IMO he has a real shot at breaking his brothers record of putting the ball on the ground.

Peter left here putting it on the ground 27 times and I know I am being conservative on that number (granted I only counted the last 2 years)

So far John has 4.

One of 3 things I liked about Hauck, guys like this were never going to see the field if they put the ball on the ground. I loved when he pulled Reynolds for fumbling to let people know it's not ok.

Peter Nguyen lost 4 fumbles in total, his junior and senior years. I believe 2 of them were punts. He put it on the ground 3 times his senior year; 4 times his senior (or junior) year. I just remembered that a Canada fumble was mistakenly given to Nguyen in Nguyen's junior year. Due to that mistake, Nguyen's "official" fumble stats are inflated by one (5). For anyone who cares what the facts really are/were.

http://www.gogriz.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2012-2013/indgbg.html#IGBG.FMB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FUMBLES no-lost sd app liberty nau ewu nc suu und isu wsu msu
Dan Moore FB 4-4 - - 1-1 2-2 - DNP DNP DNP DNP DNP 1-1
Peter Nguyen RB 3-3 1-1 - - - 1-1 - 1-1 - - - -
Smithwick-Hann QB 2-1 DNP DNP - - - - DNP 1-1 - 1-0 -
Jordan Canada RB 2-1 - DNP 1-0 - 1-1 - - - - - -
TEAM 2-1 - - - - 1-1 DNP - - 1-0 - -
Adam Brzeczek QB 1-1 1-1 DNP DNP DNP DNP DNP DNP DNP - DNP DNP
Chase Naccarato WR 1-1 - 1-1 - - - - - DNP - DNP DNP
Gerald Kemp WR 1-0 DNP DNP DNP DNP DNP DNP DNP DNP 1-0 - -
Greg Hardy TE 1-1 - - - - - - - 1-1 - - -
Trent McKinney QB 1-0 - - - - - 1-0 - - - DNP DNP

http://www.gogriz.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2011-2012/indgbg.html#IGBG.FMB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FUMBLES no-lost ut cp ewu sac nc isu psu nau wsu wou msu uca uni shsu
Peter Nguyen RB 5-2 1-1 - 1-0 - - 1-1 1-0 - 1-0 - - - - -
TEAM 3-1 DNP - - - 2-1 DNP - - - DNP - 1-0 - DNP
Jordan Johnson QB 3-2 - - - - DNP - - - - - - - 1-0 2-2
Jabin Sambrano WR 2-0 - - - - - - - - 1-0 - - 1-0 - -
Jordan Canada RB 1-0 - - - - - - - - - DNP - - 1-0 -
Gerald Kemp QB 1-1 1-1 - - - - - - DNP - - DNP - - DNP
Josh Dennard WR 1-1 - - DNP 1-1 - - - - - - DNP - - -
Caleb Walden RB 1-1 - - - - 1-1 - - - - - - - - -

I will wait while you find the real facts, most people can remember him doing your numbers in one game. :roll:

If we would have lost 80% of the balls he put on the ground we never would have been .500

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I am just going to bump this thread each week until this guy is gone. IMO he has a real shot at breaking his brothers record of putting the ball on the ground.

Peter left here putting it on the ground 27 times and I know I am being conservative on that number (granted I only counted the last 2 years)

So far John has 4.

One of 3 things I liked about Hauck, guys like this were never going to see the field if they put the ball on the ground. I loved when he pulled Reynolds for fumbling to let people know it's not ok.

I remember Reynolds and Moore putting the ball on the ground and losing it in losses to the Cats. Just saying.

grizfan95 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

So far John has 4.

I remember Reynolds and Moore putting the ball on the ground and losing it in losses to the Cats. Just saying.

Players fumble, but nobody in the history of UM put the ball on the ground more than Nguyen.

Most people know that and because Some of us played the game we know that stats are not everything, fumbles are not muffs and PlAYaRapE likes to cherry pick stats. There is a reason I use the term put the ball on the ground and not "fumble".

No one in the history of Griz football has exaggerated or lied more than Alpha has on the subject of Peter Nguyen's fumble stats. No one doesn't agree that Nguyen fumbled too much, especially his sophomore year. I've always thought that people who can't stick to the facts, and have to exaggerate or lie, are effectively admitting that they don't have support for their point.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
grizfan95 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

So far John has 4.

Players fumble, but nobody in the history of UM put the ball on the ground more than Nguyen.

Most people know that and because Some of us played the game we know that stats are not everything, fumbles are not muffs and PlAYaRapE likes to cherry pick stats. There is a reason I use the term put the ball on the ground and not "fumble".

Peters fumble in Tennessee was an immediate impact on the game there. The Griz stopped the Vols on their first possession and made them punt only to have peter bobble the ball back to the vols who scored a td immediately. I vividly remember a lot more than 4 or 5 fumbles. However, if there are proven written facts, I can be persuaded to see things differently.

He's only going to see the ball about 5 times a game so idk if it matters. Canada, van and favors have out played him this spring.

Nguyen's got a year to improve his ball handling, he'll be a backup this year but will be looked upon to be part of the main group with Counts and Favors in 2015.

The fumbles were bad in the scrimmage and costly, one on the 2 yard line of the offense's side and one ending a drive in the red zone. If there's anyone I'd want to work on having him improve it's Justin Green - so I'm glad that's in place. Hopefully he improves that because when it comes to power, shifty moves, and finding open lanes he could be better than Peter was.

grizfan95 said:
Moore had the disease more generally because he sought contact. Other than that Cat game, in which CR was playing with a shoulder separation and couldn't lift his arm above his shoulder, how many others do you remember from him? When healthy, he took amazing hits without coughing it up.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

So far John has 4.

I spent 4 years in the United States Navy and made 2 deployments to Vietnam aboard destroyers. Some of my shipmates had the 'Stars and Bars' sewed on the lining of their jumper cuffs. Every one of those guys was from the South, was a bigot, racist, and a A-hole. Welcome to the club, Alpha.

Alpha is talking about how many times PN lost a ball while handling it, regardless which team recovered it. PR, are you referring to actual lost fumbles?

I does seem PN lost the ball quite a few times and was bailed out by teammates recovering the ball. I had much more faith in PN handling the ball as a running back. I never got comfortable with him returning punts or kicks though. Last season, I was relieved he to have others handling return duties. To be honest, I always questioned why the staff continually had him as a returner? As for returns, I lean toward Alpha's reasoning on that. He would not have been back doing returns if it were my decision.

At RB, I would have definitely used him, but with a little less work load. Here is to hoping his younger brother can become better at holding onto the ball.

kemajic said:
grizfan95 said:
Moore had the disease more generally because he sought contact. Other than that Cat game, in which CR was playing with a shoulder separation and couldn't lift his arm above his shoulder, how many others do you remember from him? When healthy, he took amazing hits without coughing it up.

He got jacked up and fumbled early in the South Dakota St playoff game and in the Western St. game, but you're right for the most part.

Egrizzers are diarrhea mouthing on truth telling. Nguyen should never have been a punt/kick returner. There was a thread about this way back, Nguyen would be one of the all time great backs had he not buttered his hands for returns. Wasn't his fault though. Coaches never took him out.

I hope Wahlberg's prediction is right that Mighty Nguyen will figure it out.

mtgrizrule said:
Alpha is talking about how many times PN lost a ball while handling it, regardless which team recovered it. PR, are you referring to actual lost fumbles?

I does seem PN lost the ball quite a few times and was bailed out by teammates recovering the ball. I had much more faith in PN handling the ball as a running back. I never got comfortable with him returning punts or kicks though. Last season, I was relieved he to have others handling return duties. To be honest, I always questioned why the staff continually had him as a returner? As for returns, I lean toward Alpha's reasoning on that. He would not have been back doing returns if it were my decision.

At RB, I would have definitely used him, but with a little less work load. Here is to hoping his younger brother can become better at holding onto the ball.

I am referring to official fumbles as well as lost fumbles. All fumbles recovered by the player or a teammate is recorded as a fumble. Early in Nguyen's career, he had 1 or 2 muffs which UM recovered. He didn't have any muffs recovered by UM in his junior and senior years. In his junior and senior years, Nguyen had only 4 lost fumbles. In those 2 years, he had 3 other fumbles recovered by him or a teammate. This backs out the 1 fumble by Canada that was incorrectly given to Nguyen. No matter how many times Alpha or someone else says he fumbled more or put the ball on the ground more, it's just plain not true. Some of you must have terrible memories.

mtgrizrule said:

I just find it interesting that the two brothers have the same problem. I mean, how weird is that? Plus both runners are so similar in their running back styles. Is it a metaphysical thing?

maroonandsilver said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

So far John has 4.

I spent 4 years in the United States Navy and made 2 deployments to Vietnam aboard destroyers. Some of my shipmates had the 'Stars and Bars' sewed on the lining of their jumper cuffs. Every one of those guys was from the South, was a bigot, racist, and a A-hole. Welcome to the club, Alpha.

Wow, never met me and already name calling. Classy

Something tells me I would be proud to be in that club instead of yours. So thanks for the compliment. :jack:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=312462633

Finally conclusive proof that Peter Nguyen put the ball on the ground at least 27 times in his Griz career. Thanks for clearing that up.

Back