• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Linebackers

PlayerRep

"Those three juniors who appear to have won starting berths going into fall camp are Herbert Gamboa at "Sam," Jeremiah Kose at "Mike," and Kendrick Van Ackeren at "Will." Junior Connor Lebsock (6-2, 205) is the back-up at the "Sam" linebacker spot."

"Two very promising redshirt freshmen, Tucker Schye and Connor Strahm, are also expected to see plenty of action this season. Zach Vis, also a redshirt frosh, is also in the mix and could have a bright future."

MIKE LINEBACKER: Kose (6-2, 230) would have seen plenty of action a year ago, but missed most of the 2013 season with an injury, and was held our of contact in spring drills. Schye (6-4, 220), who had 100 tackles, 20 sacks, and 10 forced fumbles his senior season at Malta High School (Mont.), has a very bright future ahead of him.

"Jeremiah is a great football player," Gregorak said. "You can see when he gets in there, like seven-on-seven last Friday, that he's a good player. He's coming off of two ACLs. He's a question mark right now. He's working his tail off to play this coming season. With health, he will be an excellent football player for us. He's doing everything that he can to get back on the field.

"Tucker Schye (6-4, 220) is a raw-boned, rugged, player who can really run, and he just has a ton of potential," Gregorak said. "If you look at him - he wears (number) 51 - I mean come on, that was (Chicago Bears' hall of fame pro linebacker) Dick Butkus' number you know. I've got huge expectations for Tucker in the near-future. Whoever wins that starting spot, whether it's `Miah' or Tucker, both of them are going to play a lot for us - they have to."

http://www.gogriz.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041414aab.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Schye, Strahm and Lebsock would get 80% of the plays on defense this year and after the 4-5th game they would be the best group of LBs we have ever had at UM.

But we will just have to settle for more of what we get every year meh , not bad, not great.
:cry:

I'd still rather see Addison Owen at LB than DE.

Plus I'd rather consider, of the incoming freshmen this fall, Josh Buss (6'3" 195 lbs) at RB instead of LB and Austin Chadderdon (6'2" 240 lbs) at DE/LB instead of FB. But, that's me going with where the different strengths of the individual players have been so far in high school and my exploiting it for our own area of need.

Tucker Schye was a beast while playing in last years Badlands Bowl against the square heads outta NorDakooda. He was by far the most impressive kid of the bunch on either side of the ball, and was the Defensive MVP. I was in absolute awe of his speed, size and most of all his ability to flat out hit. On a side note the DE from Kalispell that went to the cats was a major let down. He was very lethargic and took plays off. On a couple of occasions he actually gave his back to the O lineman and was pushed yards away from the play. I couldn't believe the kid was an all star let alone the years AA Defensive MVP.

The "little" man poster said the coaches don't make mistakes regarding personnel... :roll: B.W. posted our defense gave up 41% conversions on 3rd down last year, 8th in the BSC... hmmmmmm... and I'm reading across the board here that "2" of these backers are going to the N.F.L ? (which means "not for long") granted even a short time is awesome. :clap: 41% you say......... ALL you can take from this is "HUGE" deficiencies in the brain trust... :egriz: P.S. Our "O" moved the ball awesome last year as they will this year... "D" wins titles though. You can count on that stat monkeys. I don't want any "young"...BIG F.....G PLAYMAKERS on the field :roll: :roll: :roll:

rimrockgriz said:
The "little" man poster said the coaches don't make mistakes regarding personnel... :roll: B.W. posted our defense gave up 41% conversions on 3rd down last year, 8th in the BSC... hmmmmmm... and I'm reading across the board here that "2" of these backers are going to the N.F.L ? (which means "not for long") granted even a short time is awesome. :clap: 41% you say......... ALL you can take from this is "HUGE" deficiencies in the brain trust... :egriz: P.S. Our "O" moved the ball awesome last year as they will this year... "D" wins titles though. You can count on that stat monkeys. I don't want any "young"...BIG F.....G PLAYMAKERS on the field :roll: :roll: :roll:

Where did any poster say "the coaches don't make mistakes regarding personnel"? Let's see some quotes/link that back up your statement.

PlayerRep said:
"Those three juniors who appear to have won starting berths going into fall camp are Herbert Gamboa at "Sam," Jeremiah Kose at "Mike," and Kendrick Van Ackeren at "Will." Junior Connor Lebsock (6-2, 205) is the back-up at the "Sam" linebacker spot."

"Two very promising redshirt freshmen, Tucker Schye and Connor Strahm, are also expected to see plenty of action this season. Zach Vis, also a redshirt frosh, is also in the mix and could have a bright future."

MIKE LINEBACKER: Kose (6-2, 230) would have seen plenty of action a year ago, but missed most of the 2013 season with an injury, and was held our of contact in spring drills. Schye (6-4, 220), who had 100 tackles, 20 sacks, and 10 forced fumbles his senior season at Malta High School (Mont.), has a very bright future ahead of him.

"Jeremiah is a great football player," Gregorak said. "You can see when he gets in there, like seven-on-seven last Friday, that he's a good player. He's coming off of two ACLs. He's a question mark right now. He's working his tail off to play this coming season. With health, he will be an excellent football player for us. He's doing everything that he can to get back on the field.

"Tucker Schye (6-4, 220) is a raw-boned, rugged, player who can really run, and he just has a ton of potential," Gregorak said. "If you look at him - he wears (number) 51 - I mean come on, that was (Chicago Bears' hall of fame pro linebacker) Dick Butkus' number you know. I've got huge expectations for Tucker in the near-future. Whoever wins that starting spot, whether it's `Miah' or Tucker, both of them are going to play a lot for us - they have to."

http://www.gogriz.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041414aab.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For the record, I agree that these three LBs should have the shot to start. With that being said, Kose has to stay healthy. Given his history, that is a crap shoot. The back ups will get their chance to shine too. I still think that Gamboa could be the biggest surprise.

Unfortunately with Kose's injury problems, he probably won't make it through the season. I expect Schye & Strahm to see LOTS of action, with one of them starting by Y/E because of this.

I was able to watch two practices and the scrimmage and really liked what I saw. These guys are playing really fast and swarm to the ball. It will be fun to see how they progress.

This is going to be awesome to watch PlaYaRapE tell us Kose hasn't had any injuries and that they never happened.

Get me some popcorn.

Alphie, your affection for PR is showing. You just can't but help follow his posts around and try (key word) and discredit them. Good effort, poor execution. Better hope PR doesn't come to a sudden stop, your head just might disappear where the sun don't shine...

grizbob said:
Alphie, your affection for PR is showing. You just can't but help follow his posts around and try (key word) and discredit them. Good effort, poor execution. Better hope PR doesn't come to a sudden stop, your head just might disappear where the sun don't shine...
That would be a really weird way to get inside the UM coaching staff!

Envy noted

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
grizbob said:
That would be a really weird way to get inside the UM coaching staff!

Envy noted

Your delusion is outdistanced only by your ignorance. Alphie, sad is the only word that consistently describes you. Very, very, sad. Carry on...

Back