• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Recruit beats MT All Class 100 state record

IntuitiveGriz

DONOR
Butte High Junior Dalton Daum ran a 10.66 100 yard dash this past Friday in Billings at Skyview. The record is 10.67.

Wow, great time! Would it be a record-qualifying time or was it wind-aided? I'd love to see him in maroon in 2015. Any idea how he's leaning at this point?

firmgriz said:
Wow, great time! Would it be a record-qualifying time or was it wind-aided? I'd love to see him in maroon in 2015. Any idea how he's leaning at this point?

Firmgriz, thanks for the reply. (Great time) That's what I thought.

I'm not sure about the record-qualifying or wind-aided questions. I was a football, basketball and baseball kid. :lol: So I don't know much about track.

But I do know that on the Bozeman 10 pm newscast, the sports director Ted Dawwson said it would have been a record "if it had been recorded at state". So does that mean you can only set a record at the state meet? :question:

Yes. They changed that quite a few years ago. State records can now only be official if they occurred during the State meet.

http://www.montanatrack.com/results/viewresult.php?id=876" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is how the heat went:

Meet: Skyview Triangular
Date: 2014-04-11
Skyview Triangular
At Billings
Skyview High School

Boys

Team scores -- Billings Skyview 84, Billings Senior 58.5, Butte 38.5.

100 -- Dalton Daum, But, 10.66; Mason Carle, Sky, 11.19; Drake Schafer, Sky, 11.27; Keaton Anderson, Sen, 11.41.

grizpack said:
Yes. They changed that quite a few years ago. State records can now only be official if they occurred during the State meet.

Thanks grizpack :!: I appreciate that. That's good to know.

grizpack said:

That's really, REALLY stupid.

firmgriz said:

The wind never blows in Billings.

cclarkblues said:
firmgriz said:

You are lucky, I hate the wind!

I have no idea what went on in Billings Friday, but I do know the news footage I saw of the race (how far he was in the lead), coupled with now seeing their times I posted above, the times look like good times to me. :twocents:

firmgriz said:

Butte is a Griz town, and I know he likes the Griz. My fear is that, most likely, he'll pick up his third football All State selection next season...and the FBS may come calling. Time will tell.

GO GRIZ

Was it hand held timed? Lots of B and C guys on the east side run phenominal, usually wind aided times, in pre State Meet or Divisionals. Mostly a bunch of old, slow twitch guys running the clocks. I know, I been there. Hell of a time if legit! Does Steve Heberly still hold the state 100M Dash record?

It was posted awhile ago, not sure where, but he has more than football offers coming his way. I believe he received a letter of interest from LSU which is a big time SEC track program, mostly known for their sprinters and jumpers.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
griz71 said:
What football position does DD play? Any "metrics" on his size?

WR he is under 6 foot and around 160-170lbs
Still a growing boy I hear he is at 6 foot right now and about 175. I expect a huge senior season for him. Yes he is on the Griz coaches radar and is a Griz fan. I doubt he would ever sign with bozeman state

cclarkblues said:
firmgriz said:

Especially up here between Skyview & Lake Hills. :thumb:

GRZFTBL said:
cclarkblues said:
firmgriz said:

I still haven't figured out how you can play a round of golf and have the wind in your face for all 18 holes.

cclarkblues said:
GRZFTBL said:
cclarkblues said:
firmgriz said:

I still haven't figured out how you can play a round of golf and have the wind in your face for all 18 holes.
:lol: :lol: No sh!t ! We could host the kite flying nat'ls with ease... :egriz:

Well, Dalton is from Butte, Mick is from Butte, so I like our chances unless Dalton wants to be an engineer or architect.

As far as The FBS calling on the kid, we can send Scott Gragg and Justin Green with Mick to Butte and they can tell Dalton, "Hey kid, we could have played FBS as well. Instead, we played for The Griz and then in the NFL !"

I am not saying having two assistants that are Griz and NFL veterans is a cure-all for recruiting, but it sure can't hurt !!!

cclarkblues said:
GRZFTBL said:
cclarkblues said:
firmgriz said:

I like it, it gives me an excuse for my scores. And it's not the fact that I see the cart as nothing more than a drink holder with wheels.

Back