• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Next Head Coach

Elite_Griz_Lover15

I predict that it will be Beau Baldwin! What do you guys think? There is also no chance of Delany being re-hired unless he wins the National Championship.

Yep. Only way Baldwin, or any good coach for that matter comes here, is if we pay a lot more money for them to be here.

Whenever we are in the market for a new head coach Brint should employ one of his petitions to persuade the BOR to raise head coaching salaries for both MSU and UM, if it is the BOR who makes that change.

4 years ago we might have considered a coach like Baldwin. There isn't much of a chance we'd consider him now. He's done a good job at EWU, but they have had their share of off the field issues under his watch. I don't see our leadership considering him because of just that.

I'd like to a Brent Vigen or Dave Christensen or even Joe Glenn if possible.

I would love for us to hire a young coach with great recruiting charisma who has NFL playing experience and has coached up the most productive position group for the Griz over the past few years. Yup, that would be Justin Green.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Whenever we are in the market for a new head coach Brint should employ one of his petitions to persuade the BOR to raise head coaching salaries for both MSU and UM, if it is the BOR who makes that change.

Haha, I doubt the BOR will take a fan petition as a serious recommendation.

Also on a side note of hiring Baldwin, I don't see why he'd do that. In terms of pay it's a lateral move almost. He probably has more confidence in support from EWU main hall than he could have from UM main hall as well. Also the public/fan support to win it all every year "or else" probably isn't the current culture in Cheney.

Coach-Taylor-friday-night-lights-4536664-2560-1714.jpg

BWahlberg said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Haha, I doubt the BOR will take a fan petition as a serious recommendation.

Also on a side note of hiring Baldwin, I don't see why he'd do that. In terms of pay it's a lateral move almost. He probably has more confidence in support from EWU main hall than he could have from UM main hall as well. Also the public/fan support to win it all every year "or else" probably isn't the current culture in Cheney.

Yeah but,

Vs.

Sam A. Blitz said:
4 years ago we might have considered a coach like Baldwin. There isn't much of a chance we'd consider him now. He's done a good job at EWU, but they have had their share of off the field issues under his watch. I don't see our leadership considering him because of just that.

I'd like to a Brent Vigen or Dave Christensen or even Joe Glenn if possible.
Yeah, Baldwin is so bad that his next job will be FBS with a big paycheck.

Sam A. Blitz said:
I'd like...Joe Glenn if possible.

No, I don't really think so, dude.

First off, granted, he was a decent Head Coach for the Griz. For a little while. But that was before Wyoming came calling and when that happened Joe Glenn said to hell with the Griz, lost three of four of his final games because he was much too preoccupied with what Wyoming was all about to even care much more for the Griz. It's called "Burning one's bridges." His recruiting for that year?..before he took off?..left the cupboards bare with maybe one or two players even lasting four years, if that. Just a token effort just to make it look good, I guess. Would have been better if he didn't even recruit anyone his last year and leaving it up to the next hire for the Griz. Would have been even better off still if he just said to Wyoming..."come back when I'm thru with this year. Then we'll talk." Like any other honourable person that respects his contract. But no. He was but a typical money grabber and it caught up to him eventually while now he resides in some place in South Dakota. He really f--ked over the Griz. No way, dude.

Besides which, after Joe Glenn lost to the bobcats Glenn stated, verbatim, that no rivalry should have lasted where one team beats the other sixteen games in a row. There ain't no way any Griz would have said that; no way do the Griz lose to the bobcats just to make the bobcats feel good about themselves. You play to win. Plain and simple.

I would rather have Alec Baldwin coach the Griz than Beau Baldwin. Beau lets people like Shoota become the face of a "university," while Alec only likes closers.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Why would we want Baldwin, hes a great regular season coach, but when it comes to the playoffs he chokes.

1 FCS championship and 2 semi-finals appearances all in the last four years is choking? Don't think so.

Let's not forget the 2 ref jobs they needed to get to the NC game and the one in the NC game. I wouldn't exactly say they won it on their own.

Exactly. Not to mention the scandal surrounding two of their wins last year. I wonder how long that will stay out of the public eye.

My hope of a new coach when Mick retires is to get a coach from somewhere other than the Big Sky conference. We need new blood in this conference badly!
Also, I notice the Griz have a baseball team now, have they always or is this another sport added? Move-up coming in a few short years?

reinell30 said:
My hope of a new coach when Mick retires is to get a coach from somewhere other than the Big Sky conference. We need new blood in this conference badly!
Also, I notice the Griz have a baseball team now, have they always or is this another sport added? Move-up coming in a few short years?

UM has had a baseball team for a while now. The baseball team is a club sport at the university and not an official university sport. I'm not sure if intramural sports are part of the title X requirements...

Back