• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Great Falls Griz bars + no MT Griz bar listings

greasewood

Going to be in Great Falls for 3 days this summer. Where are the Griz bars there? Then heading for Glacier...anything up that way?

Also, I can't find a listing for Griz bars in Montana. All the Griz-Cat game bars are listed for the other 49 states, but only Sidney shows up for Montana.

greasewood said:
Going to be in Great Falls for 3 days this summer. Where are the Griz bars there? Then heading for Glacier...anything up that way?

Also, I can't find a listing for Griz bars in Montana. All the Griz-Cat game bars are listed for the other 49 states, but only Sidney shows up for Montana.

The Sting is probably the best Griz bar in Great Falls. I used to put my mascots (carved bears)there but not any more because I have room at home now. I am at the sting almost every wednesday evening after 5. Biggest table in the place. Stop by and say hello!

Sports bars in town are the Sting and Halftime. They represent both Griz and Cats fairly evenly. Don't believe there is a specific griz bar. Doesn't make sense to alienate half of the population that wants to drink at your place. Boston's has a bunch of TV's as well. I don't go out much, so I am not a very good source. I do like to try the local microbrew places. The Front and Mighty Mo and Bowsers each have a neat atmosphere and good selection. I like the Mountain Man at the Front and Smoke Jumper at the Mighty Mo. Bowsers switches their beers out fast. Smoot Honey Ale is pretty good. The Mighty Mo has GREAT pizza.

Every bar in Great Falls is a Griz bar. However, they also support the Cats for the few fans there are. :thumb:

As mentioned, the Sting is a favorite but the Halftime is very good also. Both are strong supporters of the Griz.

Definitely the Sting and my favorite the Halftime. Avoid machinery row as they actually advertised that they were a scat bar. I used to like that place, but there's no chance in hell I'll ever step foot in there again. GO GRIZ!!!!

The Classic 50's near Marketplace is a True Griz bar, or at least it used to be. I don't go there much as it is on the opposite end of town for me but they do have good pizza, Howard's Pizza.

The Pitstop is another good one. The owner is a die hard Griz fan an they have the best fried chicken in town.

GrizzleMoose said:
The Classic 50's near Marketplace is a True Griz bar, or at least it used to be. I don't go there much as it is on the opposite end of town for me but they do have good pizza, Howard's Pizza.

As a son of the Electric Bummer, my only advice is stop for a Howard's Pizza and spend the night in Augusta....

UofMGrizFan said:
The Sip and Dip is a cool bar, but by no means is it a sports or Griz bar. Gotta love piano Pat.

The Sip and Dip is nastalgic, however, some of the mermaids are more fish than maiden...

The sting for sure. They have some High school jerseys of Mariani and a few others. Sweet place. Make sure to stop at Mooses in Kalispel for the best pizza of your life.

a mountain man at the front should be high on your list.

a visit to the sip n' dip should be high on your list. doesn't matter whether it's a griz bar, a cat bar, a sports bar, or a taliban bar. everyone should go there at least once.

smarsh said:

a visit to the sip n' dip should be high on your list. doesn't matter whether it's a griz bar, a cat bar, a sports bar, or a taliban bar. everyone should go there at least once.

Once and only once. It is a dive tiki bar, but it has a cool funky vibe. I agree with the Mountain man beer. It is up there with Cold Smoke for be as far a beer goes.

grizatwork said:
smarsh said:

Once and only once. It is a dive tiki bar, but it has a cool funky vibe. I agree with the Mountain man beer. It is up there with Cold Smoke for be as far a beer goes.

I was told that Kettle House helped The Front owners get started after having a Mountain Man and remarking how it reminded me of Cold Smoke.

Machinery row has bobcat pint glasses and horrible open mic performances...avoid it at all costs.

Back