• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sambrono where abouts?

reinell30

eGriz Club
DONOR
Now that Colt has signed with the Colts, Jabin's former team, does anyone know where Jabin has ended up since he was cut last year?

Wonder why Griz receivers can't ever seem to land on a starting NFL roster? Jabin and Marc Mariani both have hands of gold...

reinell30 said:
Wonder why Griz receivers can't ever seem to land on a starting NFL roster? Jabin and Marc Mariani both have hands of gold...

Mariani consistently catches everything. Sambrano dropped a few easy ones, then turned around caught the extremely difficult ones.

mtgrizrule said:
reinell30 said:

Mariani consistently catches everything. Sambrano dropped a few easy ones, then turned around caught the extremely difficult ones.

The Fade against App St in the blizzard is probably in my top 10 favorite Griz plays of all time.

reinell30 said:
Sambo lacks focus at times...took plays off here and pouted when he didn't get the primary call in the huddle...Immensely talented though... also struggles with press coverage... :egriz: The jury is still out with MM...the injury didn't help matters in the evolution of his craft at WR...(his repetitions have actually been quite limited) :egriz: One lazy... and the other highly motivated. If you reflect on game tape one would dive if he had the slightest chance to make the catch, while the other would often glare at a ball that was slightly off the mark... :wtf:

Hammer said:
mtgrizrule said:
reinell30 said:

The Fade against App St in the blizzard is probably in my top 10 favorite Griz plays of all time.

Probably?

Consider what was "on the line" for the winners of that game, it makes the Grizo's Top 5 List of favorite Griz plays of all time!

I know there was a different "receiver', but "The Fade" against JMU is another one of my favorites!

I do love "The Fade"!!

How bout the Miller to Farris TD in OT that beat App St in 2000? Miller could throw the fade as good as any QB in Griz history.

The Bergquist to Reynolds TD against JMU in 08 was a great play I agree but it wasn't a fade it was a wheel route.

Hammer said:
How bout the Miller to Farris TD in OT that beat App St in 2000? Miller could throw the fade as good as any QB in Griz history.

The Bergquist to Reynolds TD against JMU in 08 was a great play I agree but it wasn't a fade it was a wheel route.
This is my all-time favorite....

Hammer said:

Miller was the best thrower in UM history, in my view. Not ranked very well in mobility.

Hammer said:

Brandon Neil could throw better than both of those two clowns...

:cool:

Andrew Selle with the dime to Sambrano...add in the blizzard and the craziest/loudest crowd I've ever experienced in Griz history...that was the best....ohhh how I miss those days!

grizcountry420 said:
Hammer said:

Brandon Neil could throw better than both of those two clowns...
Neil might have been a superior all-around QB, he was certainly better than Edwards and more durable than Miller. But we have not seen a better pure passer (all throws) than Miller.

I think Craig Ochs in his senior year, particularly, was equal to, if not better than, Miller. I was surprised when Ochs failed to complete a pass that year.

Hammer said:

:oops: :oops:

You're absolutely right, Hammer!

You know perfectly well that what I know about football would fit into a thimble with room to spare... :roll:

rimrockgriz said:
reinell30 said:
Sambo lacks focus at times...took plays off here and pouted when he didn't get the primary call in the huddle...Immensely talented though... also struggles with press coverage... :egriz: The jury is still out with MM...the injury didn't help matters in the evolution of his craft at WR...(his repetitions have actually been quite limited) :egriz: One lazy... and the other highly motivated. If you reflect on game tape one would dive if he had the slightest chance to make the catch, while the other would often glare at a ball that was slightly off the mark... :wtf:
Pretty much everything you just said is incorrect, but carry on.....

Sambrono had a catch, I think against Weber St., where he reached behind the db with one hand caught the ball and still had the presence of mind to get his feet down in the back of the endzone. That was one amazing catch. I think he caught 4tds in the game.

I know it would be a pay cut compared to even sitting on a NFL roster but he should think about coming to Canada; with the extra receiver and the bigger field, and pre snap movement it's very hard to play much press coverage. I think he could be electric up here but maybe he can catch on with another NFL team.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
ohhh how I miss those days!

Don't we all. Bash Bobby Hauck all you want about not winning the big one, but nobody can deny the fact his teams were fundamentally sound, didn't turn the ball over, tackled very well, played to a split second past the whistle, played with attitude and a chip on their shoulders and were never outhit by anybody. That's what I miss. Maybe it was boring but I sure loved that boring football!!

Back