• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Will NDSU "4-peat?"

AllWeatherFan

DONOR
"They don't rebuild, they reload."
"Bohl handed the keys to the Cadillac to that other guy before he bought a new Cadillac and headed for Laramie."
"Defense wins championships."

...and other stupid clichés.

For the sake of discussion, I'll say they win the chipper again. Who the hell else is gonna assume the throne?

AllWeatherFan said:
"Bohl handed the keys to the Cadillac to that other guy before he bought a new Cadillac and headed for Laramie."

For the sake of discussion, I'll say they win the chipper again. Who the hell else is gonna assume the throne?

I don't think they will... too many obstacles to overcome. Losing most of the coaching staff, 25 seniors, 18 of which were starters. They'll most likely be playoff contenders, but someone else will take the crown. This early, I think EWU has a legit shot at taking the title this year.

fanofzoo said:
pussycatkillerz said:
get'em_griz said:
This early, I think EWU has a legit shot at taking the title this year.

God I hope not
FTE

Can you imagine "shoota's" ego if he did.

Already have to live way too close to the EWU or whatever that monstrosity of a field is they play on. Last thing we need is Eagle fans thinking they own the world. FTE

AllWeatherFan said:

EWU & SELA should both be tough as nails this year. The griz should too if they can survive their schedule.

If NDSU plays well enough during the season to get a top 4 seed going into the playoffs, they will have an excellent chance. If they slip in and have to play an extra game as well as be on the road, odds will be far less. The FargoDome is a huge advantage!

EWU probably. Or someone else will come out of (relatively) nowhere like Jacksonville State or Richmond or something.

AllWeatherFan said:
Won't EWU actually have to play some defense to win it again?

Maybe, but looking at the regular season schedule, EWU should sleep walk to a top 4 seed, regardless of defense and you never know what can happen in the playoffs.

marceagfan5 said:
Maybe, but looking at the regular season schedule, EWU should sleep walk to a top 4 seed, regardless of defense and you never know what can happen in the playoffs.

I can imagine Ron Ash saying something like that, but not Craig Bohl, I mean God.

AllWeatherFan said:
I'm standing by my earlier prediction that

North

Dakota

State

will

not

ever

lose

another

game.

I hear they are moving to the NFL. I don't see them ever losing a game there, either.

They are that good!

They will be a force in fcs.....

Likely in playoffs

Decent chance of NC

Win at least 8 games, 9 IF they win against Griz. IF.........

I hear Montana is recovering from that feminazi and admin attack of 2+ years ago and is anxious to get back into national contention.

NDSU will go undefeated once again with a roster of all true freshmen and a squirrel as the head coach.

If Wentz is as good as rumored, you might as well start the 'Will NDSU "5-peat?"' thread.

I figure they 4 peat. This year's senior class is much deeper than last years. The seven returning defensive starters have 16 seasons of starting experience between them and the offensive skill positions are stacked. The OL looks promising as well as massive (6'4+ 300+ across the board)

For as much as people talk about 24 seniors leaving, 'only' 8 of those were starters, and of the others few got major minutes. I believe 6 of the coaches this year were here for at least a title over the last 3 years.

Word is the NCAA will not allow NDSU to play in this year's playoffs.

After the other teams complete the playoff games their winner will be crowned as the official runner up, and NDSU will be awarded the Championship.
:ugeek:

Hammer said:
AllWeatherFan said:
I'm standing by my earlier prediction that

North

Dakota

State

will

not

ever

lose

another

game.

I hear they are moving to the NFL. I don't see them ever losing a game there, either.

They are that good!
And they all get Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaderers after the game. 8-9 wins get to second round and get bounced. See earlier threads about App. St. G.S.U. all good things come to and end.

Back