• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana HS Football Recruits 2015

Paytonlives

Staff member
Lets start a list of Montana HS Players that are possible recruits. I'll start with 1st and 2nd team retrurning AA All-State players... Wow, is Glacier going to be good! Five of the eleven on the list.

LIST of Montana Returning All-State AA Players
QB- Brady McChesney, Glacier HS (AA- 2nd team All-State 2013)
WR- Dalton Daum, Butte HS (AA- 1st team All-State 2013)
WR- Lane Kokoruda, Helena High (AA- 2nd team All-State 2013)
RB/WR/KR Logan Jones, Glacier HS (AA- 1st team All-State 2013)
C- Hunter Kauffman, Glacier HS (AA- 2nd team All-State 2013)

LB- Josh Hill, Glacier HS (AA- 1st team All-State 2013)
LB- Isaiah Cech, Helena HS (AA- 2nd team All-State 2013)
S- Nolan Timmons, Billings Senior HS (AA- 1st team All-State 2013)
S- Jess Beaman, Flathead HS (AA- 2nd team All-State 2013)
S- Tucker Rauthe, Glacier HS (AA- 2nd team All-State 2013)

P- Bjorn Bornes, Billings West (AA- 2nd team All-State 2013)

LIST of Montana Returning All-State A Players
QB- J.D. Ferris, jr., Dillon (A- All-State 2013)
RB- Holden Ryan, jr., Billings Central (A- All-State 2013)
C- Avery Whelan, jr., Belgrade (A- All-State 2013)
OL- Riely Dublin, jr., Laurel (A- All-State 2013)
OL- Zach Cullen, jr., Billings Central. (A- All-State 2013)
OL-Marcus Ferriter, jr., Butte Central (A- All-State 2013)
OL- Jacob Dilworth, jr., Frenchtown. (A- All-State 2013)

Ret.- Koby Ruff, jr., Belgrade (A- All-State 2013)

DE- Colin Holtz, jr., Billings Central (A- All-State 2013)
DE- Beau Peasley, jr., Miles City (A- All-State 2013)
DT- Spencer Ross, jr Columbia Falls (A- All-State 2013)
LB- Grady Blewett, jr., Belgrade (A- All-State 2013)
LB- Ike Schweikert, jr., Columbia Falls (A- All-State 2013)
CB- Jesse Byorth, jr., Billings Central (A- All-State 2013)
S- Jonah Oberg, jr., Laurel (A- All-State 2013)

Grizguyjj said:
Great falls high is going to be good to I can feel it. :thumb:

So what has changed at Great Falls high that would make you think that? No offense, but I don't think they had much depth at the varsity level and their JV and Sophomore teams were not all that spectacular record wise either were they? If they could harness the desire the wrestling kids have and inject it in the football program then I would think you were on to something.

grizatwork said:
Grizguyjj said:
Great falls high is going to be good to I can feel it. :thumb:

So what has changed at Great Falls high that would make you think that? No offense, but I don't think they had much depth at the varsity level and their JV and Sophomore teams were not all that spectacular record wise either were they? If they could harness the desire the wrestling kids have and inject it in the football program then I would think you were on to something.
Last year the freshman team played pretty well. I was kind of kidding that they were going to be good. They had a decent D last year and we got Jordan wilkins coming back this year but I highly doubt a 5-11 QB could get us back to the playoffs when we still have no Offence.

Paytonlives said:
LIST of Montana Returning All-State A Players
QB- J.D. Ferris, jr., Dillon (A- All-State 2013)
RB- Holden Ryan, jr., Billings Central (A- All-State 2013)
C- Avery Whelan, jr., Belgrade (A- All-State 2013)
OL- Riely Dublin, jr., Laurel (A- All-State 2013)
OL- Zach Cullen, jr., Billings Central. (A- All-State 2013)
OL-Marcus Ferriter, jr., Butte Central (A- All-State 2013)
OL- Jacob Dilworth, jr., Frenchtown. (A- All-State 2013)

Ret.- Koby Ruff, jr., Belgrade (A- All-State 2013)

DE- Colin Holtz, jr., Billings Central (A- All-State 2013)
DE- Beau Peasley, jr., Miles City (A- All-State 2013)
DT- Spencer Ross, jr Columbia Falls (A- All-State 2013)
LB- Grady Blewett, jr., Belgrade (A- All-State 2013)
LB- Ike Schweikert, jr., Columbia Falls (A- All-State 2013)
CB- Jesse Byorth, jr., Billings Central (A- All-State 2013)
S- Jonah Oberg, jr., Laurel (A- All-State 2013)

Unusual side note on Billings Central's representation on this list.
Four of their juniors are All-State in Class A. That class (next year's seniors) is one of their smallest in recent years with only a total of eight boys playing football.

The four listed can definitely play at the college level, two or more should be recruited by UM. One of these kids will be among next year's top three in-state prospects. I also know he has interest in becoming a Grizzly. Hope our staff is aware of this too.

Paytonlives said:
Lets start a list of Montana HS Players that are possible recruits. I'll start with 1st and 2nd team retrurning AA All-State players... Wow, is Glacier going to be good! Five of the eleven on the list.

LIST of Montana Returning All-State AA Players
QB- Brady McChesney, Glacier HS (AA- 2nd team All-State 2013)
WR- Dalton Daum, Butte HS (AA- 1st team All-State 2013)
WR- Lane Kokoruda, Helena High (AA- 2nd team All-State 2013)
RB/WR/KR Logan Jones, Glacier HS (AA- 1st team All-State 2013)
C- Hunter Kauffman, Glacier HS (AA- 2nd team All-State 2013)

LB- Josh Hill, Glacier HS (AA- 1st team All-State 2013)
LB- Isaiah Cech, Helena HS (AA- 2nd team All-State 2013)
S- Nolan Timmons, Billings Senior HS (AA- 1st team All-State 2013)
S- Jess Beaman, Flathead HS (AA- 2nd team All-State 2013)
S- Tucker Rauthe, Glacier HS (AA- 2nd team All-State 2013)

P- Bjorn Bornes, Billings West (AA- 2nd team All-State 2013)

Daum was also a 2nd team All-State player in 2012 (missing the 1st team by one player).

Glacier is going to be good in 2014. Playing for the state championship in 2013 means they were pretty good last year as well. :lol: In fact, they had a couple bad breaks in the chipper and could have easily come out on top against bozo but didn't. Glacier not having 1st Team All-State RB Logan Jones in the championship game didn't help any either...he was injured in a narrow playoff win versus Butte. Grady Bennett is a great coach.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Glacier is going to be good in 2014. Playing for the state championship in 2013 means they were pretty good last year as well. :lol: In fact, they had a couple bad breaks in the chipper and could have easily come out on top against bozo but didn't. Glacier not having 1st Team All-State RB Logan Jones in the championship game didn't help any either...he was injured in a narrow playoff win versus Butte. Grady Bennett is a great coach.

Your thinking of Noah James. Jones played.

mtgrizrule said:
PlayerRep said:
Colin Bingham, Missoula Big Sky, 6'4", 235, offered by UM, I believe.

Guy's grand son, just a guess. Are they related?

Son. There's a younger daughter who is a terrific athlete and who will be a frosh at Sentinel in the fall.

I think that McChesney should have a great senior season. He more than held his own last year. I have no idea of his college recruitment but I do think he will be one of the top QB's in the State of Montana.

I believe this is the first official commit I've seen for the 2015 class.

http://missoulian.com/sports/colleg...cle_658d00f6-100c-11e4-8fed-0019bb2963f4.html

San Diego RB commits to Griz

The Montana Grizzlies have landed a running back for their 2015 recruiting class, with San Diego's Tyree Range confirming Saturday he has committed to play football for the Griz.

Range (pronounced RAIN-gee) is 6-foot and 222 pounds and played both receiver and running back for the Patrick Henry Patriots last fall.

"I played a lot of receiver at the beginning of the year," said the senior-to-be, who had 38 receptions to go along with over 300 yards rushing. "The first four or five games we were playing five-wide and I was playing slot. The last few games we switched to the wing-t."

Since then he transferred to Rancho Bernardo High School because his family moved. He ran track this spring and clocked 11.08 seconds in the 100 meters after going as fast as 11.06 as a sophomore at Patrick Henry.

Range began sending out film in May to colleges and drew interest from Idaho and Army as well as Montana. The Grizzlies won out with their offer to play him at running back, Range said. He hasn't visited Missoula but has apparently done his research.

"I felt like I was wanted there," he said. You guys run pro-style (offense) and that's the type of running back I am, running downhill."

Montana's coaches cannot speak on recruits until after the NCAA's official signing period begins. For Range, that means Feb. 4 in 2015.

on film he looks like a man among boys....I hope grades and citizenship requirements are all in order as well...a great "get" in my mind if we can hold on to him....

KoolMoeDee said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Your thinking of Noah James. Jones played.

:lol: My mistake... :beer2:

IntuitiveGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Colin Bingham, Missoula Big Sky, 6'4", 235, offered by UM, I believe.

What HS postion(s) does he play, PlayerRep? And what does he project playing in college?

I've heard that he plays the Tight End position on offense and as a Linebacker on defense.

Back