• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FWIW...........

ALPHAGRIZ1

Attended a football camp this past week (Eastern MT) and gave a speech about life after football to the kids that attended.

3 former NFL players were there (1 ex Bobcat and Griz)

All of them think Montana is going to have to play out of their ass to be 7-5 this season, most think it will be lower than that. Most of the coaches thought we would be 2-3 after 5 games and then drop at least 3 after that and the cat game being a toss up.

Get pissed, call bullsh*t whatever names you feel like calling just relaying information from former Griz players and NFL guys that have truly "played the game".

bertz.gif

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Attended a football camp this past week (Eastern MT) and gave a speech about life after football to the kids that attended.

All of them think Montana is going to have to play out of their ass to be 7-5 this season, most think it will be lower than that. Most of the coaches thought we would be 2-3 after 5 games and then drop at least 3 after that and the cat game being a toss up.

Get pissed, call bullsh*t whatever names you feel like calling just relaying information from former Griz players and NFL guys that have truly "played the game".

No doubt that's an opinion that wouldn't be far fetched. On the other hand if former players and coaches were always right they would shut down Vegas.

AG1, I'm on record as saying I have no idea what this season will hold. JJ thinks the Griz are going to be better than last year. Your coaching buddies in Sidney think the Griz are going to have a losing season or worse. I guess that's what makes it football, you just don't know, no matter how smart you are. And until Saturday comes, and the game is played, it's all speculation, whether you're JJ or the great Mike Gear or any of your other Sidney coaching buddies, you just don't know. HOWEVER, I KNOW one thing about this season, the Griz-Cat game will NOT be a tossup game. And that's not Griz-Cat smack because I have ALWAYS been a rational poster when it comes to MSU's football team (not their fans). But I know FOR A FACT the Griz will NOT lose to MSU in Wash-Griz this season in the new all-black uniforms and helmets.

Yeah, O.K., so the Griz may have lost a few scholarships, may have lost a couple dependable players, and the Griz compared to previous rosters of previous years may or may not stack up as being as 'powerful' as previous years. But do these same prognosticators that take that into effect also scout out the other teams and just how they're stacking up?

For all we know all the 'other' teams, that is to say, the teams that the Griz play, you know, the opponents, may just not be as strong and as powerful as they were in previous years as well; who knows?

For all we know we can be staring at a team come this Fall Camp that has the potential of playing at least in the Semi-Finals this 2014 FCS Playoff run. It's not the Griz against previous Griz teams it's the Griz against all others. That's where the games are either won or lost. Not how the 2014 Griz compare to previous Griz teams.

havgrizfan said:
AG1, I'm on record as saying I have no idea what this season will hold. JJ thinks the Griz are going to be better than last year. Your coaching buddies in Sidney think the Griz are going to have a losing season or worse. I guess that's what makes it football, you just don't know, no matter how smart you are. And until Saturday comes, and the game is played, it's all speculation, whether you're JJ or the great Mike Gear or any of your other Sidney coaching buddies, you just don't know. HOWEVER, I KNOW one thing about this season, the Griz-Cat game will NOT be a tossup game. And that's not Griz-Cat smack because I have ALWAYS been a rational poster when it comes to MSU's football team (not their fans). But I know FOR A FACT the Griz will NOT lose to MSU in Wash-Griz this season in the new all-black uniforms and helmets.

It's nice to know that NFL football players, including ex-Cats, and coaches at a camp in Eastern Montana take the time to follow the Griz closely enough to be informed on what type of season the Griz will have. It doesn't surprise me that all or most of the ex-Griz in the NFL would follow UM football, but I didn't realize that other NFL players would be following UM football so closely. It's too bad that the Griz captain and qb doesn't even know enough about his team to realize how many games they are going to lose. And it's nice to know that most of the coaches would provide their views to the guest camp speaker.

I will probably wait until the first game to decide on how I think UM will do. There are a few balls up in the air.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Might as well throw in the towel now. Oh well next year, I mean the year after.

Always gets me with such a loser attitude you can call yourself a fan.

Which game besides against NDSU and Wyoming do they think the Griz will lose to make us 2-3?

Central Washington was a 7-4 D2 team. I don't see us losing to them at home.
South Dakota was 4-8 last year. Do they think we lose to them at home?
Northern Colorado... :lol: No.

fanofzoo said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Might as well throw in the towel now. Oh well next year, I mean the year after.

Always gets me with such a loser attitude you can call yourself a fan.

Edit: nope.

I actually loled

And not the lol that you say in your texts to friends to lighten to convo. I actually...loled.

I don’t doubt the credibility of this story whatsoever.

After all, it makes perfect sense to bring in a former high-school JV player to talk about life after football.

Makes sense if you think about it.

Potomac Griz said:
Which game besides against NDSU and Wyoming do they think the Griz will lose to make us 2-3?

Central Washington was a 7-4 D2 team. I don't see us losing to them at home.
South Dakota was 4-8 last year. Do they think we lose to them at home?
Northern Colorado... :lol: No.

The same South Dakota team that it took us a stripped fumble return in the final minutes to win that game....

Back