• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vernon Adams Has Big Game, Little Ego

get'em_griz

DONOR
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2%2Fspecialevents%2Fmedia%2F2014%2Fconf.aspx%3Fc%3Dbigsky" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Little ego? Ah, how soon do they forget this gem:
ypy3u3ah.jpg

"I don't want nobody to think this 'Big Play VA'-hype thing is who I am.

So, he wants somebody to think the 'Big Play VA'-hype thing is who he is?
Oh, Shoota. You could not be a more appropriate ambassador for EWU.

Gotta love the envy.

How is this ego? Looks like a healthy rivalry to me. You are reaching really hard with this one.

Guy is a great player, no doubt. I actually like watching him play and seeing the things he can create. I think you have to have some swagger to perform well at that level, so the head-bobbing at the line of scrimmage and stuff like that doesn't get to me. If you back it up, you gain my respect.

But for this reporter to say he has no ego is a bit far-fetched. There were pics of him from the Big Sky meetings wearing his Big Sky championship rings (2 of them) while being interviewed. That is the definition of ego. It's like saying "look at me, look at me". He can't act like he does and have folks claim he has no ego..actions speak louder than words.

Hell, there's never been a QB worth anything who didn't have an ego. As the saying goes "If you done it, it ain't braggin." Having seen every play of his dismembement of Oregon State I have no problem with anything Vernon has to say...

Silvertip said:
Hell, there's never been a QB worth anything who didn't have an ego. As the saying goes "If you done it, it ain't braggin." Having seen every play of his dismembement of Oregon State I have no problem with anything Vernon has to say...

Agree 100%. Dude has backed it up more than any other player in the BSC in the last 2 years.

Rjones61 said:
Gotta love the envy.

How is this ego? Looks like a healthy rivalry to me. You are reaching really hard with this one.

800+ passing yards, 9 tds, and 2 wins in 2 years. He has earned the hate from Griz fans

VA is a good dude, a complete class act...

I don't hate him he's just an arrogant overrated moron, you guys will see his ceiling this fall.

Envy :lol:

I would rather have class and dignity than his jump ball and murderous violent comments.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I don't hate him he's just an arrogant overrated moron, you guys will see his ceiling this fall.

I would rather have class and dignity than his jump ball and murderous violent comments.

The only thing I noticed about Adams was he made very poor decisions a handful of times a game but got away with it because he had an awesome OL and core of receivers. No idea how many EWU return on that line, but he had a lot of time to throw most of the downs.

grizfan95 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

The only thing I noticed about Adams was he made very poor decisions a handful of times a game but got away with it because he had an awesome OL and core of receivers. No idea how many EWU return on that line, but he had a lot of time to throw most of the downs.

Not possible, ask everyone he is Manziel with more douchebag and violence mixed in with and ego that makes Trump look modest. Shoota does have the Cheney 17 sucking his chocolate starfish though. Typical Tuesday night..........

Rjones61 said:
Gotta love the envy.

Really? I was just pointing out that his awful command of the English language made his statement completely counterproductive to the point he attempted to convey.

marceagfan5 said:
Rjones61 said:
Gotta love the envy.

VA is a good dude, a complete class act...

Haha! I think you have a lot of good things to say, so I will assume you were joking with this line.

CDAGRIZ said:
Rjones61 said:
Gotta love the envy.

Really? I was just pointing out that his awful command of the English language made his statement completely counterproductive to the point he attempted to convey.

Oh, well good for you. I hate double negatives as well. However, I was addressing the original post. Not everything is about you.

Rjones61 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Rjones61 said:
Gotta love the envy.

Oh, well good for you. I hate double negatives as well. However, I was addressing the original post. Not everything is about you.

Fair enough. My bad.

I agree with Alpha about Adams. He will put up huge games. EWU will have a huge regular season. Adams will force one too many plays in the playoffs, and cost EWU.

I'd take JJ for leading a game winning drive in a big game over Adams.

Wow. You guys are seriously still butt hurt over his tweet with the cartoon of a pistol pointed at a teddy bear? What a bunch of pussies if that's the case. Alpha... you're better than that.

Back